Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

Post subject: WarCry Barbs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:42 am 

Just thought I'd throw a little suggestion out there. It is an extremely under played class. I just made one and I see why.

My opinions so far:

The damage is too low and the radius is horribly small.

It requires you to literally butt hump the enemy to actually hit it.

Anyone have any opinions on this? Like I said.. just played one a little bit and was completely turned off due to lack of damage and horrible radius on the aura. It's pretty terribad.

Would be cool to get other thoughts/opinions on this. I just wanted to touch base and throw out a thought.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: WarCry Barbs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:58 am 
Game Server Host

I was after a buff to WC barbs ages ago and was always met with huge opposition, being told "they have huge HP, def, radial stun and have the best cast rate in the game".

I wouldn't mind seeing it split into 50/50 mag/phys so you can take advantage of passive pierce at the very least.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:17 pm 

I can't remember off the top of my head the stun duration HU WC barbs have. Back in AM though when they did exist they used to have 10 second stun duration (which was overpowered of course since only one out of many casts actually had to succeed in making the stun chance against champs to make them stun for 10 seconds stun locking them).

Way I look at it... if there's more than 1 second stun duration on WC we reduce it to just one second (or maybe even somewhat less). This way the non stun resistant trash is still screwed regardless. On the other hand the champs will be stunned less of the time since it requires a random chance for the full duration of stun to land on them to help make them the bane of the WC barbs in a trade off for giving the WC better DPS capabilities.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:28 pm 

stun is around 7 seconds Baerk.

Wc barb is a really good character atm, but he has some serious problem, at lvl 36 when you finally obtain wc, no matter the pimp it sux, untwinked is not viable at all, later a few lvls (around 40 45) becames a beast, BUT only if is mega pimped (or just goodly pimped), one suggestion i would make, is to increase the early dmg scale rate and decrease the later, having the same endgame dmg output. (a little dmg buff wouldnt be bad also) it has a good trashing due the stun, but at bosses needs serious amp and lots of juvs (more than other chars since you sacrifice def, dr etc to have some dmg with caster gear).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:41 pm 

So basically an uber anti-trash build like skele necro but unlike skele necro actually has potential to slay bosses. Since it's 7 second stun though I imagine non-boss champs even get stun locked by WC barbs with good FCR.

Since it's the first 10 levels that suck though... That would mean that initial lvl 1 damage and tier 1/2 (skill soft levels 1-16) aren't good enough in the earlier portions. It would be a simple matter though to shift some damage from tiers 3-4 (soft skill levels 17-28ish) to tiers 1-2 and leave final tier 5 (soft level 28+) untouched. This way the skill gets damage sooner without disrupting the end game damage.

Soft skill levels refer to your skill level including +skills. The questions I'm about to ask will be in reference to at the earliest point you could reach that particular level with +skills (thus the skill lvl 16 question could very well be in reference to char lvl 45 or sooner). How much should the level 1 damage be cranked up? How much should the lvl 8 damage be cranked up? Also how much should the lvl 16 damage be cranked up? I'm presuming the skill lvl 22 damage is alright by what you are saying.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:26 am 

around 7 endgame with the +skills. (not sure if more, short memory failing)

lets do it in multiplies of 5 and in percents due im not such aknowledged like others on this xD (and lazy to learn at this very moment since im not such an active player).

first 1-5 levels increase 20%, 6-10 increase 10%, 11-15 decrease 15%, 16-20 decrease 15%.

this should fix it i believe.

i sincerely think that up to a3 hell its fine the dmg (excluding bosses that alone feels like they die never even with amp xD[but mercs apport the missing dps]), BUT cant give feedback further than this, so if someone else could give some it would be helpful, maybe pappy. if my memory doesnt fails he told me his barbs was really good endgame.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:50 pm 

more feedback

level36 barb
lvl1 wc with lvl8bo
62-112 dmg
(forgot to record the geared feedback, but was around 400)

lvl44 barb
lvl20 wc (+11 skills) lvl 16bo
1424-1963
lvl9 wc lvl 16bo
506-698

this is my actual barb, decided to lvl him today to check his numbers ;)

Edit: stun is 4.8secs at 44 lvl20 wc

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm 

The game engine's hard coding on the tiers is at increments larger than 5 for the soft level breakpoints... As such it will not be possible to implement tier changes with the exact multiple of 5 lvl breakpoints you have mentioned without an excessively complex synergy calculation (which would not be worth the hassle and surely would confuse the hell out of any modder that happens to take over when he takes a look at it). I'll list the game engine's breakpoints for skill progression. A skill's damage growth strictly takes a straight line between a given breakpoint and the next when synergies/masteries are not factored in.

1st breakpoint: soft level 1, two columns dictate of the min/max damage of this level
2nd breakpoint: soft level 8, tier 1 columns dictate the growth to this point from lvl 1
3rd breakpoint: soft level 16, tier 2 columns dictate the growth to this point from lvl 8
4th breakpoint: soft level 22, tier 3 columns dictate the growth to this point from lvl 16

From what you've said so far buffs will only be to the first 2 tiers. You don't need to give me a nerf figure for a later tier since I will use math to calculate exactly how much one of the mid tiers needs to be nerfed so that the early tier buff does not effect late game damage more than 1%.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 am 

i like your chewed explanation ;) noway i could not understand that, just increase first tier 20% and the second 5% leaving the others untouched, cant say from where to where in numbers since i just have the gameplay feedback wich implies synergies, but on txt and with regular calculator is easy to know how much is a 20 and 5% increase for the numbers there i believe :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:16 am 
Game Server Host

Hang on... you ain't addressing the issue. I never had any problems with WC barb in early/mid game, once you get WC its happy sailing and a much better farmer than any other barb build at the same point. They suck because they deal phys damage, get no use from deadly strike and have no way to score a double hit (nado). They will never be great on bosses with 7frame max speed, bad block speed(or no block at all) and needing to be in close range wth no leech. Add all that together and you got a failed boss build. They are decent against trash until act 5 NM > all of hell. By that time you are already waaaaay into the final damage tier, so wtf good is a buff to tier 1 and 2 when you can't take advantage of it later?

They have always been decent until they hit hell. Once there, the phys resistances of everything coupled with below avg damage and no way to increase your damage (double strike with nado and DS with melee) makes them nothing more than a carrion wind ring (lotsa stun for any melee) with bo. Skills whare you can only score a single hit every 7 frames to 1 target need to be able to pierce resistances or have sygnificant damage, especially in hell. Buffing the first 2 tiers is pointless as those skill levels are usually gone completely once you are 3-4 levels higher.

Drop the hitshift by 1 and add magic damage = phys damage so it's 50/50 imo.
Access to pierce don't change the early/mid game much at all and makes a diff whare the build actually struggles (hell and late NM bosses)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:48 am 

Was going to reply but never did but agree strongly with Kevin here. I'll post actual warcry numbers but they just over all suck. There is no DS applied or any multiple hit tactic. They are also required to be in very very close range and that make it's much harder to hit many targets.
I'll post actual warcry numbers but the damage numbers are extremely low.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:21 pm 

have you played untwinked a wc barb?? lemme know if there exist a twinked char that doesnt do fine early-mid game and we talk ¬¬

the damage on the first levels with regular gear barely can reach 1k if its reachs it, wtf, a lvl36-40 char dealing less than 1k doing good??. AND as i said, with amp it kills bosses plus merc just ok till hell AND as i said i cant give more feedback of hell since i didnt played thru hell. I was clear in all i said.

make it magic dmg w/o a buff will sux. 50/50 endgame doing around 18k =9k magic dmg... and just 9k phys that doesnt get benefit of amp like it used before, doesnt sounds like a fix to me. Make it bypass phys resistances (or something) and give no other change at all sounds more likely than 50/50 magic/phys imo for endgame.

early game at 36 does no shit dmg if you dont twink, any char untwinked should work just fine and deal more than 500 dmg after lvl36, twinked any char deals some shitload dmg. (i play my barb +11 skills since 36 and he is really good, having his dmg numbers not high just decent, maxed fcr wich isnt meant to have untwinked that easy, maxed res, really high dr/mdr etc)

no man, as far as i played, early game dmg isnt fine, later its ok, up to a3 hell (and twinked all this) its ok. FURTHER DONT KNOW killing everything except act bosses.

Like i said before a dmg buff/fix/w-e wouldnt be bad at all, but the main problem of why its unplayed its because when u manage to get 36, the damage sux and need to wait till 40ish again (farming stuff DO LEVEL YOU before u get the decent gear, heavens, shards etc)

EDIT: orthography and missing words etc lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:25 pm 
Game Server Host

Firstly: relaaaaax, jesus christ

Second: O...m...g... "i need to gain 4 whole levels till my damage gets decent". Tell it to 75% of other level 36 skills... Don't mention the fact that with 2 sets you can farm in a1-2 using an act 1 merc + some other easy to find stuff (helm + a rare barb ring) your first point in warcry yields level 9 warcry. If you are stupid enough to go for max fcr + low damage early game you are gonna hurt for mana really bad. Better with higher damage and lower cast speed. Maybe if you didn't twink you would know that...

Third:
Quote:
make it magic dmg w/o a buff will sux. 50/50 endgame doing around 18k =9k magic dmg... and just 9k phys that doesnt get benefit of amp like it used before, doesnt sounds like a fix to me.

Somebody don't understand how magic pierce works...

And Finally:
Quote:
Make it bypass phys resistances (or something) and give no other change at all sounds more likely than 50/50 magic/phys imo for endgame.

Can't quite tell if you are serious here or just trolling.
Having the ability to pierce resistances = not game breaking
Completely ignoring the phys resists of everything + the ability to stun and kill trash fast = retarded

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:25 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Firstly: relaaaaax, jesus christ

always relaxed... you are who never relax and start aggressive and insulting replies

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Second: O...m...g... "i need to gain 4 whole levels till my damage gets decent". Tell it to 75% of other level 36 skills... Don't mention the fact that with 2 sets you can farm in a1-2 using an act 1 merc + some other easy to find stuff (helm + a rare barb ring) your first point in warcry yields level 9 warcry. If you are stupid enough to go for max fcr + low damage early game you are gonna hurt for mana really bad. Better with higher damage and lower cast speed. Maybe if you didn't twink you would know that...

come on man.. wtf here.. honestly and sincerely with no offense, this was totally stupid and idiotic, i have nothing against you.. but this was really retarded

lets talk about warcry, you mean, i should dump all the +skill gear that gives me damage and also fcr and start using +enhanced warcry damage% stuff???, also you state, all level 36 builds on D2 have no offensive skills before that level , to max and kill just normally or good also sinergysing before level 36??

tell me, you who knows better than me, if barbs as dual wielders have no better facility to have a decent fcr??, also, being the fcr a way for dps ouput and if you have the possibility of having +skills easy with fcr you wouldnt use it?? because the items come with it you know, caster gear is called nowadays.

but seriously, ill consider the +enhanced wc dmg% gear you suggested for more dmg and less fcr. thanks for the useful advice.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Third:
Somebody don't understand how magic pierce works...

you.

id like to see barbs having half the dmg now magic, with all that pierce gear all along the game, that would be awesome... yeah not twinking like you say. or wasnt that what you mentioned? :?

also, yeah just the half dmg phys (that is already low) with actual no-high phys resistances of enemies that means almost no dmg output for the physical and just a few for the magical (since its the half of the visual dmg on screen), sounds really cool.

PureRage-DoD wrote:
And Finally:
Quote:
Make it bypass phys resistances (or something) and give no other change at all sounds more likely than 50/50 magic/phys imo for endgame.

Can't quite tell if you are serious here or just trolling.
Having the ability to pierce resistances = not game breaking
Completely ignoring the phys resists of everything + the ability to stun and kill trash fast = retarded

did you read "or something"?

dont need to pierce exactly the 100% resistance, but if it was so... i dont see such of a problem, the dmg is low, it will be like hammerdins bypassing undeads and not considered OP vs undeads, and they do much more dmg MUCH MORE, even, elemental damage,they get no resistance to their skills from phys-res on monsters, but they pierce resistances a bunch with numerous stuffs, so, then based on your game-breaking theory, they would be braking the balance?? the warcy doesnt pierce, get ds or something...

i dont mean to be an asshole, i just want to apport, feel free to reply offensively like always do ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:59 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
lets talk about warcry, you mean, i should dump all the +skill gear that gives me damage and also fcr and start using +enhanced warcry damage% stuff???

wtf are you talking about? I said:

Quote:
Don't mention the fact that with 2 sets you can farm in a1-2 using an act 1 merc + some other easy to find stuff (helm + a rare barb ring) your first point in warcry yields level 9 warcry.

You were talking about level 1 warcry being garbage when you don't have level 1 war cry you could be rocking level 9 war cry at level 36.

Quote:
also you state, all level 36 builds on D2 have no offensive skills before that level , to max and kill just normally or good also sinergysing before level 36??

Oh really? I actually said, 75% of the other level 36 skills suck at level 1 too. I never said anything about how they are when they are level 6-8 at level 36 (usually first point in a lvl 36 skill will bring it to level 6-8)

Quote:
tell me, you who knows better than me, if barbs as dual wielders have no better facility to have a decent fcr??, also, being the fcr a way for dps ouput and if you have the possibility of having +skills easy with fcr you wouldnt use it?? because the items come with it you know, caster gear is called nowadays.

So... first you complain about untwinked builds sucking, then you start talking about caster crafts? How many caster craft items do you usually have at level 36 completely untwinked???
Fact is, untwinked the best option is sets and the lvl 20 barb helm. You get lots of + skills, mana regen, hp, and def. They lack FCR but you don't need much FCR with level 9 warcry in act 3 normal. Shit you can kill stuff in act 3 normal with a melee setup on a WC barb.

I don't understand how magic pierce works? WTF were you talking about when you were saying "9k mag damage that don't benefit from amp" then?
GG!
It still benefits from passive pierce and can drop mag resistance waaaay lower than phys resistance.

Quote:
dont need to pierce exactly the 100% resistance

hmm sounds like you are talking about some kinda stat that would lower an enemies resistance to the damage of the skill...
again, 50% of it being mag so you can benefit from passive pierce provides just that.

Quote:
it will be like hammerdins bypassing undeads and not considered OP vs undeads

because ignoring the resistance of everything is equal to ignoring the resistances of 1 monster type...

Leave it as it is, it can remain a useless build for all I care.
Making it gain a little more damage in the levels you can't even see progression wise (due to + skills) and lowering its later tiers is deff a great way to help this guy out. What we need are more builds that can rip through normal faster so they can get to hell and become a mule.
/sarcasm incase you didn't catch it

Finally, reread the post I replied to originally. Posting IN CAPS when you START TO GET ANGRY and make bitchy comments like A 12 YEAR OLD girl, makes you look like a fucking idiot. How about you act your age and talk to me in an adult manner and be part of the discussion instead of a random incoherant annoyance.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:35 pm 

While the majority of bosses do tend to have lower magic resists than anything else they still got atleast 25% if not more magic absorb. This will hamper any post pierce magic resistance by cutting the effective pierce by atleast half or more where as physical does not have to deal with any fraction cuts to its sources of pierce. So you get 100% magic pierce on the barb... the 25% magic absorb that's a mininum on bosses would make it more like 50% or in cases of higher amounts of absorb even as little as 20% such as against samhain.

Due to the presence of magic absorb on the bosses to be painting the sheer amount of magic pierce as a win win situation for the barb seems a bit short sight to me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:15 pm 
Game Server Host

apart from the fact that it's passive and don't require a specific char with you to cast a curse? The magic component will deal more damage to the boss than the phys component. Regardless, without a buff they will never deal sygnificant damage to bosses physical damage being dealt at a max of 7fpa (per hit) with no deadly strike or lifesteal + have close range requirement is completely worthless late game.
A windy is waaaay more effective in just about every possible way. The damage is kinda similar but you get multiple hits with nado, cold damage for immunes, and get recastables to take the heat off.

How exactly will buffing tier 1-2 and nerfing tier 3-4 help later? Norm and NM are fine IMO.
Meh, tired of arguing. Buff tier 1-2 and nerf tier 3-4. Not like I'm gonna waste my time making one anyway (even if they did get a buff).
I know if i was playing a melee with warcry's damage, 0 DS/CB or lifesteal + be required to have 200FCR to attack at 7fpa. I would be pissed

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 pm 

If WC is gonna be buffed at all, then BO needs to be removed as a synergy and have either taunt or howl added instead.

Maybe add both as a synergy and shoot for a 20% damage increase across the board?

A 60 point damage build with BO as an automatic synergy? Balanced? Dun think so.

I made a BO barb that maxed WC endgame a few ladders ago, he did just fine in hell. My expectations were that as of playing a chanter solo, I think he did just as well.

I'm pretty sure the #1 barb on SC is a WC barb also. They cant suck as bad as people say.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:26 pm 

I don't know how WC barbs can possibly rape end game based on the numbers I see. It makes no sense. The radius is hellishly small which makes the FCR a null point. The radius requires you to be in as close range as a melee without melee gear. You can't stun everything nor can you stop all the projectiles from smacking your ass while you hold the line and stun the rest lol

You have to get just as close as any other melee in order to attack which is why removing BO as a syn woulldn't be great.. the last 20 in shout or ironskin is crucial for a warcry barb otherwise.. gl with your 0% dr etc. in very close melee range getting face palmed all day with no block.

Obviously an overly buff to damage would make them OP but they need some form of assistance whether it's split 50/50 mag or a small damage buff or a small radius increase.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:10 pm 

I am just going to throw this out there. I had a WC barb last ladder and he cleared a3 hell with no problems at all. He wasn't geared like a sexy savage either.

Pappy's wc barb was clearing wsk last ladder, he was geared sexy

Sure, they aren't boss killers, but not all builds are

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 pm 

A good point by slappy though... not all builds have to be boss killers. As for the lvl 36 attack spells starting weak thing... That's just simply bad design on the initial tiers. If you've been mostly dumping skill points into that 36 spell's synergies and haven't been neglecting gear then by all means it should at least start with fair oomph (doesn't have to be good/great but at least it shouldn't start feeble).

AM's approach to fixing this though was to drastically reduce the practical required level to learn a skill so that there wouldn't be a need to give the higher skills a particularly heavy initial level/tier 1 starting damage to compensate for the fact that lower skills have built to a certain degree before the higher skill is reached.

I don't feel the AM approach is necessary to solve this sort of problem though. Just some tier twinks to cause an appropriate amount of damage to be gained sooner rather than later is really all it would take to cure the feeble start 36 skills.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:03 am 

no one ever talk about nerfing warcry, the damage is just alright, purerage is having some serious grandpa mind status probs... he is purerage tho xD also manipulates the quoting to "win" when argues and reads just what he wants to read... how silly for a grown man.

but back to the post.
Noone seems to have problems with warcry lategame, the only problem, like i said at the beginning, is that even synergysed when you get it, the damage sux bad, unlikely for the rest of builds that at least has a secondary skill to use for meanwhile, this makes the char less played due the twinkage it requires.

but furycury stated a good point, it is a build that has some free points, it could use another synergy for the dps complainers at endgame, and this synergy would have to be berserker i believe, it adds some %magic damage to others skills and could be added to warcry also and make happy the good old purerage ;)

so, adjusting tier 1-2 tier (leaving same endgame output damage) and adding zerker as a synergy (or any other) giving that magic damage suggested wouldnt break anything

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:58 pm 
Game Server Host

Wolfs wrote:
purerage is having some serious grandpa mind status probs... he is purerage tho xD also manipulates the quoting to "win" when argues and reads just what he wants to read... how silly for a grown man.

A young lady like yourself should be in the kitchen cooking me dinner, not giving me attitude ;)

Quote:
this synergy would have to be berserker i believe, it adds some %magic damage to others skills

You can't add magic damage to a skill like that... It either has magic damage to start with, or it hasn't. The way zerk changes attack damage to magic has nothing to do with spells.
Again, the skills damage isn't the problem, the way it's dealt is. (7 frames per hit max using caster gear at point blank range (with no second element or way to pierce resistances). VS 4 FPA with deadly strike, CB, lifeleech, high DR and def (in melee gear)). The range is completely terrible too. Much better using a spear + WW for higher damage + range + defensive movement +lifesteal.
Another novelty build IMO that can be replaced by a BO bitch in boss fights.

Why make the early game go faster for them? Are you running around at level 36 on a caster with no + skills or something? I sure as shit wouldn't wanna get to end game faster on a WC barb. All that does is make my char obsolete faster...

Btw:
Wolfs wrote:
Sorry sir, it won't happen again

That's manipulating quotes

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:09 am 

the synergy could be added different than it is on ther skills? if that so, maybe a syn that add magic dmg as a value, for example, zerker level 1 adds 200-250 magic dmg to wc, and a regular %increase of this damage on wc per level, just working if you have points zerker obviously. so there would be per level tier increase on wc of magic and phys dmg, but working on a base magic dmg given by zerker and the phys dmg given by the wc.

just an idea for the magic dmg addition you suggested, if not, its ok for me anyways... is not meant to rape thru bosses and it already does thru acts kind-of.

also, some passive life-after-kill added the the skill wouldnt hurt, even if only works vs trash, also even dr,... its a warcry, its like frenzy becoming reckless and getting dr while it attacks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:11 am 

I have had a continous warcry barb every season for at least three years.

That being said, The current damage is a trade off with the stun. I always considered the barb to be nothing but a buff for my party or merc. give your merc 7x-1xx pierce and the merc can pretty much do anything but act and specialty boss. The stun holds em while the merc kills while i hold two gf/mf swords. You could even solo tundra this way as long as u can kill the (immune to your merc monster).

Personally i like kevs idea, little less stun , but if my merc dies i dont have to go to town.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
the synergy could be added different than it is on ther skills? if that so, maybe a syn that add magic dmg as a value, for example, zerker level 1 adds 200-250 magic dmg to wc, and a regular %increase of this damage on wc per level, just working if you have points zerker obviously. so there would be per level tier increase on wc of magic and phys dmg, but working on a base magic dmg given by zerker and the phys dmg given by the wc.

hmm, that could maybe work. I'm not sure if the synergy column would allow for -100% = no magic damage. If it would accept that then you could do something like:
(skill('Berserk'.blvl)==0)?(-100):(skill('Berserk'.blvl)*par8)
That asks: is zerks base level 0? if yes, grant -100% bonus (negate all if it takes that) of no (at least 1 hard pt in zerk) then grant the listed magic damage progression with berserk being a synergy to that damage.

So if the magic tiers matched the phys tiers, and the magic synergy was = phys synergy from BO, then you will have your original phys damage + magic damage = half physical damage

Ie. Maxed WC, BO, Bcry, and zerk:
10k phys damage
5k mag damage

Maxed WC, BO, Bcry:
10k phys

I'd be very happy with something like that. It's would be a nice feature IMO.

Offline Profile