Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am

Post subject: Adding slots to Gloves/Boots
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:56 am 

I've been thinking about it and maybe the mod could use a little more character customization. I was chatting with a couple people and they said some other mods incorporated slots into gloves and boots so I was wondering if it would be possible to add that during the next fix.

The idea is to add a maximum of either one to 3 slots to gloves and boots.
The way gems would work in them would be entirely unique to that of the other pieces of equipment (gems could have the same effect in both gloves and boths like that between armor and helms)

So as an example of what the gems would add if they were to be slotted into gloves/boots are:

(Values adjusted for 1 slot maximum, you can reduce them if 2 or 3 slots are possible)
Amethyst: +10/15/25/35/50/65/80/100% Enhanced Damage
Sapphire: +5/10/15/20/25/30/35/40% Faster Cast Rate
Ruby: +3/6/10/15/20/25/30/40% Faster Hit Recovery
Topaz: -2/4/6/8/10/12/13/15% Curse Duration
Emerald: +2/4/6/8/10/12/13/15 to Life per Kill, +1/2/3/4/5/6/8/10 to Mana Per kill.
Skull: +2/3/5/7/10/13/17/20% Reduced Damage
Diamond: +1/2/3/4/5/6/8/10% Magic Resist

As for runes, I'd say it's up to your discretion, though since there's a long list of runes already you could just give gloves the same effects as weapons and boots the same as armor.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Adding slots to Gloves/Boots
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:29 am 

a neat idea, though not sure how easy something like that would be to balance at this point. Kev's mod (Netherworld Reach) has 1 socket available (iirc) in boots/gloves/(belt?) and its cool to play around with. *awaits kev's input*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 am 

There's some hard coded limitations with the bonuses gems/runes can provide. First of all to my knowledge there's only 3 bonus sets they can provide. These current bonus sets are currently split up as:

1) weapon
2) torso armor and helm
3) shield

Any new socketable areas would mean shifting around and adding to that 1,2,3). Also any equip and charms can have as many sockets as they take up inventory squares (or 6 in case of items larger than 6 inventory squares).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:26 pm 
Game Server Host

you need to pick what one of the existing bonuses to give them, they can have the same bonus as armor or weapons or shields.

You can restrict them to a single socket if you like.

I wouldn't do it here as the game is already balanced around having no sockets in gloves/belt/boots. Gem/rune bonuses need to fit with the extra sockets available. Another 3 sockets available = another 30% hp or 40-45% res. Not really needed IMO.

If it was added then armor bonuses from gems/runes would have to be slashed by around 30% to keep the same balance as we have atm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:16 pm 

Well, luckily I have another idea.

Have Gloves share the same attributes as that of weapons, and boots as that of shields. Keep it at 1 slot each.

As a counterbalance, remove or reduce the amount of res boots would give (unique and otherwise) and remove/reduce the damage/lifesteal given by gloves.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:59 pm 

Opposed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:00 pm 

if you wana reduce shit just to add something that will basicly mean that nothing changes then it feels kinda useless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 pm 

I'm inclined to agree about not being fond of the change myself. This is not some mod in the midst of heavy development. The mod has done without such an idea for years and it won't hurt to keep the idea unimplemented. Leave crazy soft coding stuff to other mods like Median XL. This mod to my knowledge is one of the very few that remain rather close to CLOD. This sort of feature drifts away from that in the first place.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:43 pm 

id say....hmmm... eeeeee.... why not? like i always say, add another boss :twisted: that drops kind of socket (dunno, mebe Zsocket?), for gloves belt and boots, add 1 socket and not able for gems or runes, just for jewels. Jewels mods arent that high to add an disbalance to the game, and plus, this would be an endgame content that would add a heavy variation to endgame items that just a few would get.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:07 am 

Wouldn't adding the potential for sockets at all for an equip makes it become socketable by Larzuk? It would be impossible to make this idea end game only due to Larzuk if that's the case.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:38 pm 

Personally, I'm totally against this idea. Gives more places to add gems/runes/jewels. NTY. Leave the sockets as they are. Been like that since day one, been fine without them so far.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:12 pm 

it would be cool if boots had sockets that allowed you to increase their kick damage and speed for kick-based sins. Seems unfair that you can add %ed or %ias to weapon damage but not kick damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 pm 

Meh, i was talking to a friend about the -vendor cap we have on the game right now, adding lets say, five more slots (two on boots, two on gloves one on belt) would make it possible to sell items for a higher value than you paid for them.
Thats for starters, not even getting into the coding, the balance problems, the possible sea of bugs that may originate from it and stuff, just imagine the wirts jewels put into them and voila, infinite gold.
And i didnt take into consideration the vendor discount on a2 cause i have no idea if it stacks with -vendor or how much it is.
The cap today, without a2 quest, is 56 btw.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 pm 

The hero quest on a2 is a seperate stage of 10% than the -vendors. Basically the -50% vendors prices would apply to the value of 90 (to create a 45 buy cost) instead of the normal 100 cost.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 am 

Umm not a good idea with facets floating around...

Offline Profile