Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 am

Post subject: Groups.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:39 pm 

So for the past couple of weeks I've noticed that the HU community which was very popular towards start of new season has seemed to dwindle and is no longer what it used to be.

I decided I'd finally bring this to a suggestion since there has been some serious patch debating going on and I think a large part of the HU community(even a few of the veterans) need to point out the elephant in the room.

A few of my friends have stopped playing because they simply cannot find groups to advance. To be honest I can't really help them because the trash are usually poison immune for me.

I wonder...What will become of the HU community? I hate to see people leaving because of the lack of groups and lack of not being able to progress on their own.

A friend and I were discussing possible reasons in the sudden drop of players and we've threw a few ideas at each other and we pretty much came down to this.

No one wants to wait days at a time for a group just to get to a new part in the act. So what they do(myself included) is log onto HU, see that there are no groups.. then log off. It also doesn't help that the HU community is pretty divided into 2 separate time zones.

I didn't play prior to this season so I cannot say that leaving this the way it is, is just fine. Perhaps we should consider making the game more....solo-able?

I pretty much stated the reason why. We need to have more people on. People don't always want to wait days at a time to level up or to progress through an act.

I mean lets be honest here...The exp you get solo at around 90+ isn't much to brag about. You need to have a group available to get good exp. Soloing wouldn't necessarily be a leveling motif(although if the person is dedicated to leveling then by all means let them), but instead it would be a way to progress and catch up to your friends or to other groups. Groups will almost always be more beneficial to leveling/progressing. But having the ability to solo will make things much easier.

So yeah. Leave your thoughts, ideas, etc. For all those that don't agree to this suggestion leave valid feedback and your personal opinion on why it shouldn't happen. Don't be completely impervious to the idea for arbitrary reasoning.

Also...I know this is going to attract a lot of flaming. So to avoid further confusion...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Groups.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:21 am 

I think you meant to post in the "Got Game" forum and let people know where you're at and what you need help with.

Surely there will be a person in the same place as you and if you both didn't build useless characters can figure out a way to advance.

Or maybe you just wanted to vent. But to make the game more soloable? Nty

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:56 am 

It may be that the high level players have refused to rush. I know it's been a busy work season for my group and I've been sick.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm 

zeras wrote:
To be honest I can't really help them because the trash are usually poison immune for me.

This sums up the problem right here. We have a very OP cookie cutter build that all the new people to HU use and rely on, they CAN'T seem to play anything else.

You want someone to join your questing game....make a necro, they are GREAT for party play. Try your hands at a druid(please god something besides fire/rabies, but hey give it a go). Make a paladin for auras. I know when I see a game called "andy help" and there are 3 zons sitting in town waiting for someone to solo andy for em. I don't join.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:47 pm 
Game Server Host

well said sir!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:47 am 

I can't get anyone past a4 I so useless :(

Offline Profile