Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am

Post subject: no movies in version 1.3b
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:43 pm 

Hi guys,

I have always the problem, that the cinematics on patch 1.3b don't seem to work. How can I solve this poblem???

Hint: I have tried window mode and altered the glide settings. But I only can hear the sound but there isn't a picture. Could anybody help?? :?:

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: no movies in version 1.3b
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm 

as far as I know the HighRes Plugin doesnt support the videos, so you will have to switch to low res if you want to see the videos.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:29 pm 

Hey wouldn't it be nice if someone could make the vids/cinem compatibel to the high res patch in the future ^^?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:46 pm 

That honestly depends on the will of the third party that made the plug in in the first place. Since it is not coded by anyone in this forum I'm honestly not making any guarantees such work will actually get done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:35 pm 

Baerk wrote:
That honestly depends on the will of the third party that made the plug in in the first place. Since it is not coded by anyone in this forum I'm honestly not making any guarantees such work will actually get done.

That sounds pellucid. But maybe we could try it with a Hex Editor for instance.
But... that wouldn't be so legal I guess ;3.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:23 pm 

Take this from someone who has actually messed around with a hex editor some... Unless you REALLY know what you are doing you are more likely to break stuff with errors, have a chance to cause unintended bugs, and practically no chance of actually doing what you originally intended.

Even if you knew what the binary for assembly instructions looked like it would be one daunting task since hex editors won't mark the boundary of each instruction. The plug in's coding is not even remotely documented on Phroezen Keep probably due to be being recently made. Even the people familiar with using hex editors here would probably have a hard time figuring out what's going on with the plugin via a hex editor. It would be so time consuming to understand the entire dll with a hex editor that a person would probably find it quicker (and hellava lot easier) to code their own high res plug in.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:57 pm 

What shell I reply? You are totally right!! The expenditure would be considerably less, if we create our own high ress dll. but I think the most of you don't need the videos so much urgent. It's unnecessary an therefore would nobody made such an effort to create that dll. But my friend(s) and I are storyplayer, so that its important for us to have these less important things ingame. Thats why I decieded to propose it :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 pm 

Ok Pure Rage DoD thankfully splited the translation threat and the cinematic issue threat. From now on everything shall be posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4936&start=20

Offline Profile