Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

Post subject: sorc help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 pm 

I made a frost nova sorc for easy trash clear....but i think i was supposed to make a regular nova sorc.

Are frost nova sorcs still viable?

Any help on the build would be appreciated OR if i should just make a nova sorc instead

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: sorc help
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm 

Last ladder I had a lvl 96 frost nova sorc and she did decently well. A friend of mine rolled a light nova sorc with me and he was always just a little bit more powerful, plus he had the ability to farm River of Flame WP more easily since one of the champs is always cold immune, and Leoric is cold immune a lot as well.

The main difference is that frost nova sorc is better in groups for the cold armor buff. However, the additional 20 pts compared to a light nova sorc's only increases the %armor from about 600% -> 1000%. The other difference is that with light nova you can chose to use energy shield, which imo far outweighs the increase in armor for frost nova.

As for building the frost nova sorc just max it out and all the synergies... 100 pt build.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:33 pm 

thanks.

My goal is to have a fun trash clearer. Nova/frost nova both provide the same amount of entertainment.

If anyone has any idea of the damage one should be doing with each build, please post up. Base it off of a level 70ish char with decent gear.

If the nova sorc is really that much better, i might make that one instead.

Gear suggestions would help to, leveling up gear ------> gear around level 70 because i think i'm going to keep this char in normal, but i'm not too sure yet

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:33 pm 

havic22 wrote:
thanks.

My goal is to have a fun trash clearer. Nova/frost nova both provide the same amount of entertainment.

If anyone has any idea of the damage one should be doing with each build, please post up. Base it off of a level 70ish char with decent gear.

If the nova sorc is really that much better, i might make that one instead.

Gear suggestions would help to, leveling up gear ------> gear around level 70 because i think i'm going to keep this char in normal, but i'm not too sure yet

last season my light nova/ static sorc at lvl 70 in norm was doing 15k nova and 5k static used 3 light amy with res 3 light helm with res 4diamond sockets a switch between safety carfted armour with 4 diamond o/s and ancients armour skill boots gloves and belt ofc and starlight staff in a 3/3 nova and static staff pain to shop for and she could clear all the way to baal's minions but a4 on really had to have the feel for playing her against bosses but she was a ton of fun

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:39 pm 

thanks, what about stats?

energy shield always scares me because I always think i'm not going to have enough mana.

Should i go 50/50?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:07 pm 

havic22 wrote:

energy shield always scares me because I always think i'm not going to have enough mana.

Should i go 50/50?

If you go energy shield you should probably put nearly all points in energy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:02 am 

didnt go with es just cause of mana factor went with life and pdr/mdr

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:56 am 
Game Server Host

Zyin wrote:
havic22 wrote:

Should i go 50/50?

If you go energy shield you should probably put nearly all points in energy.

1 point ES to keep the absorb% down and go base energy. That turns ES in to a nice early warning system and MDR/PDR will take care of whatever is not absorbed. Also means you have a decent hp bulb so you can drop ES for elemental heavy bosses like diab and not have all your mana poof every time you try to get close.
Also stops manaburn destroying you.

You can get 6kish mana on a sorc just from gear/self bo. If you dont put at least 16 in TK, its not worth running ES.

Offline Profile