Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 am

Post subject: Custom Cursor
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:53 pm 

ive tried for three hours, gotten all the files , and actually am enjoying gimp which i had never heard of......very cool program.

however I still for some reason that is beyond me cant open the dc6 files. I am attempting to open your mini one as its almost perfect for me. It needs to be 2.5 times its currrent size with the current grey circle, then a black one and then something else that clash's either yellow or orange to be perfect. Remember my vision is horrible so bigger is better. I think my vision is gettin worse lol as the silver hand is now gettin impossible to see.

If you or anyone else could take the time ide be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Also as an aside is there a low res char screen with all those stats? only interested because last seasons were so nice.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: heya kev or anyone else feeling froggy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:09 pm 

downloead the DC6 creator to open the dc6 files and extract the files you need.

DC6 creator:
http://phrozenkeep.hugelaser.com/filece ... le_id=1131

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:57 pm 

tbh thats where im stopped , i have the file and just dont know how to use it.

remember this will be/ is my first time, i have some coding experience in tribes but it is absolutly useless to me. I would love a little info on how to use that file. you click it it scrolls through some stuff but no where can i select to use any other file with it. you seem to understand it. So help a homey out with a few sentences , im sure im just to close to it to spot the problem.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:58 pm 
Game Server Host

once you have dc6 creator run it.

1: once its running, select the "units" pallete from the dropdown in dc6 creator.

2: click "open" and navigate to the invchar6.dc6 and select it. It will open the dc6 file

3: click "Export All" and select somewhare to extract the split up images too
then edit the images with gimp/photoshop

4: click "INI>DC6 and navigate to the folder the images are in. Inside that folder is a .INI file. Select it and it will import the edited images into the DC6.
Click save and you are all done. Just move the .DC^ into the correct folder

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:14 pm 

ok someone kev solved prob one thanks , that picture made me capable of determining that my av prevented it from ever opening the dc6 file opener program , im gimping away as we speak . thanks again

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:02 pm 

ok i got my image as cursor to work, but it flash's yours then mine then the hand

i know its doing this because i havnt modified the other images yet

next question is how do i take that whole file with all the dc6.s in it and compress it back into what the game engine can use.

thanks by the way its so cool having a pointer that even sometimes is visible without a hard squint and a prayer. thanks again

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:12 pm 
Game Server Host

you have to use the same number of frames. If you look at the left of the program window there, there is a list of frames. This is the number of images making up the animation. You can highlight them 1 by 1 and click "Import" to import each frame individually. Make sure the file has the same number of frames as the original and you overwrite every frame with your own.

Once all the frames are replaced, just click save to save the file. Then copy the DC^ you saved into data\global\ui\cursor.

One last thing to watch out for is it's offsets. When you add your new cursor, it may not line up with whare the click is activating on screen. To get it right, just open the waypoint tab and hover to each side of a waypoint button.
Then make a note of how far out it is by watching for when the tab is highlighted and making a note of how far off the point of the cursor is.

Once you checked that, adjust each frames offsets by clicking the "change offsets" button.
offsetX controls how far left or right on the screen to move the image (-1 would move the image 1 pixel to the left, 1 would move it 1 pixel to the right)
offsetY controls how far up or down to move the image. (-1 would move the image 1 pixel up, 1 would move the image 1 pixel down.

Edit: changed topic title.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Custom Cursor
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:54 pm 

Thanks kevin for all your help. Damn thing has seven frames so i made seven completely different cursors.....all contrast with everything, its awesome i feel like im playing all over again

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: thanks kev for the help lol
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:05 pm 

yep

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Custom Cursor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:28 pm 

Ive been trying to find a good custom cursor, Pappy care to share your creation??

Offline Profile