Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

Post subject: Bowzon advice?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:55 pm 

Alright, I figured that because I'm constantly doing fucking different things, I'll just keep one god damn thread, instead of post whenever I have a question, and need my hand held.

Question of the day:

Playing a Bowzon now. My Poison Zon lost a lot of the fun in it, after the damage reductions/etc, as it was such a bad build to start with. Lots of misplaced stat points/etc. Low survivability, shit ain't fun, etc.

So I've got dis bowzon going now, and I'm curious as to what to place in my bows. I'm only level 32, so the damage stats obviously aren't final. I find I'm using magic arrow very minimally, so Diamonds for Magic pierce seem like they would be a bad move. 50 ED 20 IAS Jewels for +damage doesn't sound too great either, as we're already looking at VF attack speed bows. BRC, etc.

So suggestions on what to throw in bow sockets? I was thinking maybe Um runes, but I'm not sure. Using multiple shot and strafe as my main killers ATM.

Last edited by Ish on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Absolute shit merc, seeking guidance
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 pm 

soul drainers, and immortal flesh belt, time RW is awesome find a +3 CB staff or +3 CB +light mastery or lightening/nova whatever they use. exchange diamonds for his armor or get a templars. elemental set is great for a merc

use a wiz spike with a uber topaz, unless you just like the redemption aura, then a HHG as well

cold owns though why change

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 pm 

blinky99 wrote:
soul drainers, and immortal flesh belt, time RW is awesome find a +3 CB staff or +3 CB +light mastery or lightening/nova whatever they use. exchange diamonds for his armor or get a templars. elemental set is great for a merc

use a wiz spike with a uber topaz, unless you just like the redemption aura, then a HHG as well

cold owns though why change

Thanks for the tips m8

The change was mainly because I wanted to start running the White Dragon for gems, since most of what I do is craft. I play a Poison character, and most of the immunes on the way down to the dragon are Poison & Cold.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:21 pm 

Ill be honest, time/templars/griffs etc isnt really needed

Full naj set, 4x uber topaz staff, get some all res jewels and high poison res jewels in the armor and helm
Full ele set
Arachs or immortal flesh belt
Soul drainers or the war guantlets
boots are fine

I ran this on my medic pally.. could clear hell tundra just mercn it... cheaper, and just as effective,mind you a time/templars will be quicker, this solution is quick/easy/cheap/and can be duplicated with ease.

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:30 pm 

twistedmoonz wrote:
Ill be honest, time/templars/griffs etc isnt really needed

Full naj set, 4x uber topaz staff, get some all res jewels and high poison res jewels in the armor and helm
Full ele set
Arachs or immortal flesh belt
Soul drainers or the war guantlets
boots are fine

I ran this on my medic pally.. could clear hell tundra just mercn it... cheaper, and just as effective,mind you a time/templars will be quicker, this solution is quick/easy/cheap/and can be duplicated with ease.

I swear i've heard this somewhere before.... "Oh snap is all that killing power my merc?"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:25 pm 

twistedmoonz wrote:
Full naj set, 4x uber topaz staff

+1 on full naj merc (although, yours owns harder due to max conv :P)

Full naj + full ele set usually ends up with some terrible poison res. If you don't have 4 really nice jewels to stick in armor (and if you want to keep facets in helm), My set up would look like this-
4x Uber in staff
3x facet in helm
4x sex res jewels with emphasis on poison in armor
Magefist cuz im poor
Tgods for easy -10 pierce
Craft boots
Rare or any crafted rings with massive res
And I like Familiar Icon on my a3 mercs

Cool thing about full naj on a3 mercs is that they reach their max fcr bp iirc so they don't need the fcr mod on any other pieces. Can swap out magefist for something more defensive if you want him to live better, I suppose.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 pm 

Figured I'd update, decided I'll go ahead and go with the Najs+Drainers/flesh

Got the staff down, 2 diamonds in the plate and 2 rubies in the helm ATM. But yeah, the problem lies in the resistances.

Main stats of the merc:

So I'm thinking, 4 uber Diamonds in the plate, and 3 uber Rubies in the helm. Then over time, collect the +res Jewels, and stick them into a seperate helm. When it's done, just toss that on.

Thoughts?

Edit; I was also considering swapping out the amulet for a Maras, and finding some ele craft rings with some res. Could this be better than elemental set?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 pm 

if you wana get some nice resistance jewels you can always gamble them, thats what I usually do. You can easily get 35 single res on a jewel with a couple other mods on it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm 

Instead of ele set can also run 40+ res blood rings. Then a maras.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 pm 

Found a +18 all res jewel and a +19 all res jewel I had on mules. Then I stumbled across a +15 all res, +44 poison res jewel. Glad as fuck that the big mod on the +15 was poison, because elemental set leaves you with dick for poison res.

Losing out on ~550 HP, but the res is up from shit. NB, just a few points off maxed.

I've still only got the two diamonds in the plate. I plan to run a bit of the white dragon, so should I go and have all 4 Diamonds, or should I do 2 diamonds 2 rubies?

Lots of them charging skeleton assholes, think the DR would help, but I'm not an expert OFC.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:16 am 

Whats your character? Because if say your a summoner you should'nt need diamonds in his armor. If your a zon or barb or something then i can see using uber diamonds to reduce dmg he takes from wandering.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:05 pm 

JnDmX wrote:
Whats your character? Because if say your a summoner you should'nt need diamonds in his armor. If your a zon or barb or something then i can see using uber diamonds to reduce dmg he takes from wandering.

Poison Zon OFC

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:20 pm 

use natures peace for the walkers, decoy and valk shouldn't worry about getting hit to much

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:43 am 

blinky99 wrote:
use natures peace for the walkers, decoy and valk shouldn't worry about getting hit to much

Helped a good bit. Was much faster running the first caves w/o walkers. <3

Offline Profile