Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Post subject: Suggestion : Druid summons
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:43 pm 

Hello,

I think its about time that we buff the druids summoning skills . ( Spirit wolf, Dire wolf , Bear and Raven )

I think you should be allowed to have more then 3+2 wolves , allso they might need more damage , defence and ressist.

And ravens should be included in the wolves / bear synergies.

Any thoughts / suggestions ?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Suggestion : Druid summons
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:47 pm 

Have you tried my test patch yet? There are buffs to wolf summons in it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:59 pm 

raven should be a different summon entirely its junk lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:21 pm 

13-14 Wolves end game depending on the equip. +3 Dires and a Bear. With the 20% DR from HoW or Oak it seems to be a pretty solid class again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:02 am 

Sounds pretty swell, when will this patch come out ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:20 am 

Allso i have another sugestion ,
Cold / slow attacks and stuns, really hurts the bear . he need to have some kind f ressist aginst those , atleast at higher levels or something.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:48 am 

They start at -60% res on hell and go 2res per lvl capped on 60... so they have 0 res ;/ It's an old balance issue when you could res auras/salvation and they tanked everything. Could boost their res a little!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:17 pm 

You guys sure those spirit wolves actually get that resist per level (and it not being just the salvation/resist aura alone being overly strong)? I just did some single player testing specifically using MH to check summon resists. Only the spirit wolves I specifically gave a salvation aura actually showed any resists in normal difficulty when I highlighted them with unsummon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:05 am 

I have just reached act 3 hell.
And i have more feedback now..

Grizzly bear :

My level 40 bear does 9-10 k damage ( excluding How / might buffs ).and got 9,8 k life. to be frank , its really low especially in hell.

It needs better health , damage and attackspeed. Cold attacks and outher slow spells totaly fucks up the bear . it could use a buff in movement speed.

Dire Wolf : my level 40 dire wolf does 2,7k-3k damage , and got 4,1 k life
not good enough.

Edit : allso , there are no good end game items for druid summoner.

Spirit wolves and Raven are both terrible.

Allso i think its time that we nerf the act bosses bonus damage towards summons abit , Atleast for the grizzly bear. It needs to be able to fight and do damage towards act bosses

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:35 pm 

I've suggested a Runeword Helm for Druid Summoners I suggest you check it out. It'll synergize really well with the +7 Summon Bow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:49 am 

A druid summoner is probably one of the most difficult builds to make fun/playable.. you have a lot of issues to deal with. First of all.. your no where near as versatile as a necromancer. Necro will use teleport and therefor rape with a merc.

In order for druid summons to be any good at farming/trash or even a relatively decent build the damage numbers + attack speed has to be higher.

Raven has always completely sucked. Your still going to rely on a merc to kill...

Not exactly sure how summons are is either. Hasn't the AI on all summons usually sucked?

In my opinion it'd be best to turn the summon druid into a pretty much melee oriented build which means an a2 merc. That means ar needs a massive boost and possibly more damage and maybe a 2nd bear or a new summon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:20 am 

Lee wrote:
A druid summoner is probably one of the most difficult builds to make fun/playable.. you have a lot of issues to deal with. First of all.. your no where near as versatile as a necromancer. Necro will use teleport and therefor rape with a merc.

In order for druid summons to be any good at farming/trash or even a relatively decent build the damage numbers + attack speed has to be higher.

Raven has always completely sucked. Your still going to rely on a merc to kill...

Not exactly sure how summons are is either. Hasn't the AI on all summons usually sucked?

I cant agree with you very much Lee. The druid summoner is a defensive type summoner while the necro summoner is alot more offensive minded. Necros get curses to help with their dps. Druids get HoW but it is not near as effective as max amp is.

A zookeeper is similar to a golemmancer where its main focus on boss battles is to keep his or her summon on the boss to take melee dmg. Difference is the golemmancer benefits from having his golems given automatic absorb (IE force for fire clay for cold) to allow it to survive the counters being caused alot longer.
I think the Zookeeper should get a 4th summon similar to Death knight's unholy aura. However it should replace raven and instead give a summon only natural resistance or something. Thus giving the summons a better resistance to elemental dmg (which runs rampant through this mod)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:34 am 

Actually the current druid summons elemental resists progression was broken. With this new 2nd test patch the druid summons will actually get the resist per level they are supposed to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:36 pm 

Baerk wrote:
Actually the current druid summons elemental resists progression was broken. With this new 2nd test patch the druid summons will actually get the resist per level they are supposed to.

The i personally think they are fine. Especially if you aura stack with a merc. Their role isn't to tele ahead and rape stuff its to take incoming dmg so other chars can dps without fear.

Offline Profile