Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

Post subject: HU Universal Custom Char Screen Plug In
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:16 am 

Since the test run will surely take some time... I was thinking of creating a stat screen that will display extra stats that are important. I know PmP was asking about one a while ago.

I've finished up a stat screen I'm content with so I'll be making a download link for the zip. It's the same structure as as the custom char plugin that Purerage-DoD provided (just char screen pic and the txt file modified by me to provide more stats).

Custom Char Screen zip: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36303857/Extend ... Plugin.exe

Once the folder is unzipped place the data folder and the 2 other files inside it into your HU install d2 folder. Say yes to any file overwrites. Once the files are moved/copied over run the D2modsetup twice to reinstall the mod (and to activate the new plugin). If you aren't already using a data folder with -direct -txt be sure to add -direct and -txt to your diablo II shortcut.

Last edited by Baerk on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HU Universal Custom Char Screen Proposal
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:46 am 

Magic Find Gold Find IAS FCR FHR Life Leech Mana Leech. Just throwing out ideas they don't have to be incorporated.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:07 am 

Baerk wrote:
Since the test run will surely take some time... I'm thinking of creating a stat screen that will display extra stats that are important. I know PmP was asking about one a while ago.

Item Mods I'm considering to add at the moment to the CS: CB, DS, pierces of all elements, PDR, MDR, physical resist, magic resist, %absorbs of all 4 types and PLR.

Using kev's might be a good base. The only thing his doesnt have that i would want is CB/DS and MDR/PDR

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:42 pm 

JnDmX wrote:
and flat MDR/PDR

fixed :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:00 pm 
Game Server Host

I have a set with cb, ds MDR/PDR somewhare, only thing is, its set up for my own stat screen background so you would have to photoshop/PSP a new one. Luckily thats very easy.

I use a diff one now anyway so i don't need the old one anymore

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:15 pm 

Your mod character screen is very beautiful I enjoy it when I play around on it all the time. Gives me all the info I need lol. The first one looks good wouldn't be to hard to photoshop a different background into it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:24 pm 

Aside from the stuff there by default...

Resists (as in total resists).
Life/mana per kill.
MF/GF.
FCR, IAS, LL/ML.
FRW, FHR.
Reduce all vendor prices.
Extra XP.
Damage to mana.
Faster mana regeneration.
Replenish life.
Freezes target.
Hit causes monster to flee.
Attacker takes damage of x.
%enhanced damage vs demons/undead.
OW/CB/DS.
Light radius, DR%, PDR, MDR.
Absorbs and poison length reduction.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:06 pm 

This is a piece of the work I've done so far. I was considering to do OW and critical strike but then I realized there was 3 forms of critical strike and it would be inconvenient to display. LPK is life per kill and MPK is mana per kill.

Just posting this up now to see what people think of the stat box artwork and spacing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 pm 

Seems to be good kinda small but if we want a lot displayed its going to have to be.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:15 pm 

3? I thought it was just Critical Strike and Deadly Strike. And Critical Strike is rather pointless to track as no one gets 100% of it if I recall correctly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm 

It's a txt file peculiarity. There's 3 forms of critical strike. melee critical strike from most the barb masteries. throwing critical strike from throwing mastery. Then there's a third form of critical strike from zon critical strike.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:35 pm 

Baerk wrote:
It's a txt file peculiarity. There's 3 forms of critical strike. melee critical strike from most the barb masteries. throwing critical strike from throwing mastery. Then there's a third form of critical strike from zon critical strike.

Ah. I admit I haven't looked into it that much as I focused my knowledge on practical things, and due to the way CS and DS interact combined with the CS limits... CS isn't practically useful.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:37 pm 

I didn't really notice myself till I started attempting to add it to the char screen since I was looking at the item mods the critical strike granting skills gave.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 pm 

Well Deadly Strike works fine right? Because let's be honest - it's 100% or bust with that stat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:58 pm 

Afaik since lod v1.08 deadly and critical strike are the same thing 2x dmg. Prior to this they would stack for 4x dmg.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:53 pm 

Decided to attempt squeezing in Faster Mana Regen along with PDR and MDR but it didn't quite go smoothly. Still it's quite a bundle of stats.

Although a number of people requested increased speeds here is the reason I did no do them at all. This extended stat screen plugin is simply unable to tell apart effective increased speeds (which come from skills) and normal increased speeds (which come from gear and is not as strong as what comes from skills). This can lead to theoretical scenarios where what the extended stat screen says makes no damn sense. For example... You could have 200% IAS on your gear with no speed buff skills but then you get hit by a 150% slow curse. The stat screen will say you still have 50% IAS but your actual IAS is in the negatives and you will swing like it too.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 pm 

For as many stats displayed it looks really good. Custom backdrop? 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 pm 

Unfortunately don't have an inspiration for that in the first place so I just simply designed around the elements of the existing char screen (such as intentionally at least mostly preserving the golden snaking around str/dex/eng/vit). I could just as easily give the inventory screen a new back drop as well though (inventory and char screen share the same picture file).

--Double Post--

There's now a download link for what I've done in the first post. Anyone think it will be necessary to provide download instructions?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:50 pm 

More than likely yes.

Works fine and looks really nice.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:00 pm 

And that char screen SS... easily tells more about the char than most people would be bothered to say about their chars usually. I got some install instructions in the first post now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:04 pm 
Game Server Host

Baerk wrote:
easily tells more about the char than most people would be bothered to say about their chars usually.

This is the main reason i made the original.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:08 pm 

Have you used PureRage's fixed strings - 1.3a missing uniqs names, change pot names, etc.?
Hm. Could you add also FHR stat?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:21 pm 

Considering in game gold piles display as a number with just a capital G probably yes to the fixed strings. pots also display as HP and MP with rejuvs being in purple.

I avoided adding any increased speeds because there's the possibility of bug reports arising (since the display can't tell the difference between effective increased speeds of skills and gear increased speeds) should the character get hit with a strong slow curse.

If there was some stat I could refer to that would allow it to display the current animation length or make it always display just the effective increased speeds (which includes what remains of gear increased speeds after it goes through the diminishing returns formula to become effective increased speeds) I would gladly add it though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:26 pm 
Game Server Host

you would have to add a passive to all characters that adds a dummy stat that you can use to display the FPA of each attack (depending on class ofc).
Only problem is, there is not way to differentiate between attack animations etc.
using the calc columns you have around 1000 characters to use in the formula for the dummy stat. Possible? yes. Simple? not really

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 pm 

Well, nothing increases/decreases Faster Hit Recovery, it's only on gear/charms so it's ok to add it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:33 pm 

That doesn't take care of the basic problem though even if you used a dummy stat... IAS from gear and IAS from a skill buff/curse while they might use the same item property code do not handle the same. The same goes for FRW, FCR, FHR, and FBR.

Since this plug in is unable to distinguish the type of sources for a given item stat this is where the chance for bug reports arise (since it could be displaying a positive increased speed yet your character is clearly moving as though they are in the negatives since the effective increased speed is actually in the negatives).

--Double Post--
Actually Steel wouldn't any enemy with slows target also slow FHR? The same would go for any enemy with high level holy freeze (which could be an aura enchanted enemy).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:45 pm 
Game Server Host

Baerk wrote:
That doesn't take care of the basic problem though even if you used a dummy stat... IAS from gear and IAS from a skill buff/curse while they might use the same item property code do not handle the same. The same goes for FRW, FCR, FHR, and FBR.

Since this plug in is unable to distinguish the type of sources for a given item stat this is where the chance for bug reports arise (since it could be displaying a positive increased speed yet your character is clearly moving as though they are in the negatives since the effective increased speed is actually in the negatives).

FHR and FBR use the same stats in skills.txt as they do in properties.txt and there is no skill based FCR in the game so it's fine to add those.

The dummy stat would be needed for IAS but it wouldn't be adding skill ias and item ias together. it would use the propper speed calculation formula in the calc column. You would need a way to update the passive every 5-10 frames though or hardcode an aura that controls the dummy stat to each player unit (calc used would have to vary based on player, so each player would need a seperate skill).

That still leaves the problem of diff attack animations varying by speed. The only way to deal with that is to make each of the attacks add a state to the player that would update the dummy stat calculation based on whatattack is used and the breakpoints for that attack.

Like I said, possible? yes. simple? no.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:50 pm 

Actually there is skill based FCR in the game. The slow curse the shamans start casting in NM and is also used by the liches in Castle of Destruction just before baal's minions.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:51 pm 

Quote:
Actually Steel wouldn't any enemy with slows target also slow FHR? The same would go for any enemy with high level holy freeze (which could be an aura enchanted enemy).
No, if FHR was affected by those we'd be all doomed. Same is for faster block rate, nothing can lower this.
Holy Freeze/Slow/MonDecrep can only affect ias/fcr/frw. My favorite is hit by cold spell + mondec + using smite = 35fpa.
Mondecrep can prevent casting. Try cast oak or use BO with less than 50 fcr and that curse on:)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:06 pm 
Game Server Host

ah yeh, i forgot about that curse. But still, showing the base speed you have is useful.

Ps. you can make a stat that is based on ias and skill ias using the OP column, then add the dummy stat to the Swing1,2,3 and Cast1,2,3 properties, then use those stats as the display stat.

Seems to work for IAS using fanaticism. Problem now is translating that to an FPA number for certain attack skills. Also, skills like fury have varying speeds (Ie. 4,3,3,3 frames attack on fury or 7,3,3,3,3,3,3 with dtalon).

Still, showing your cast rate, FHR and FBR while uncursed/debuffed is useful.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:10 pm 

Adding a dummy stat to properties won't work cleanly anyways (diminishing returns prevents this from working properly at all). The only way one could possibly have the an effective increased speed properly calculated was if there was some skill that could distinguish the skill increased speeds from the gear increased speeds (which is impossible for FCR due to mondecrep directly using the item FCR stat) and it would dynamically calculate the the true effective increased speed and generate a dummy stat with that value.

In any case Steel managed to convince me to add FBR and FHR. I won't be adding IAS, FCR, or FRW for the sake of avoiding a bunch of bug reports from d2 mechanic idiots. Opening post updated with the new plug in configuration.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: HU Universal Custom Char Screen Plug In
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:15 pm 
Game Server Host

its easily added by the player anyway, i know there are quite a few out there with a full custom UI layed out how they want it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:09 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
I use a diff one now anyway so i don't need the old one anymore

Wow this custom stat screen looks amazing. I'm completely new to the mod and have only recently been playing. I am sure I am grossly just missing where to get a link to this and use it as my own (unless PureRage doesn't want to?) Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I see that you can do your own customizations etc. However wow, I can't even imagine doing much else to it as PureRage seems to have done everything I wish it did. Anyway I can nab it?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:34 am 

Actually that stat screen you just quoted is particularly used in conjection with a high res plug in (it wouldn't fit on a normal HU install and high res is considered cheating here). So even if you did get your hands on that stat screen it would be unable to display properly.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:18 pm 

What is essence strength?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:53 pm 
Game Server Host

while you have an "Essence" equipped that has had whats called a "Binding" applied to it (one for each of the 6 damage types), every time you take damage within 4 secs of previously taking damage, you gain 1 Essence Strength (capped at 100). You can increase the max time between taking damage with items.

Your char gets bonuses depending on how much essence strength they currently have active.
The magic version adds:

Fire/cold/light/pois/and phys ones all have similar stats like phys pierce, damage resist etc on the physical one. You can use a physical binding on a cold based essence to get +1 cold skills, pierce and blizzard proc (from the basic essence) + damage rsist, and phys pierce from the binding while your esence strength is active (handy for earth/water druid) or dual element sorcs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 pm 

Baerk wrote:
Actually that stat screen you just quoted is particularly used in conjection with a high res plug in (it wouldn't fit on a normal HU install and high res is considered cheating here). So even if you did get your hands on that stat screen it would be unable to display properly.

So its High res and therefore unusable. Fair enough. So I can however use the one labeled in the front of this thread? I just follow the directions and I should have the shown picture stats screen while not messing up access to the characters I've been playing currently? I'm I guess the Guinea pig for adding allowed modifications to the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 pm 

The one at the start of the topic is allowed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 pm 

As long as you don't mess with the txt file and d2mod.ini of my download at the start of the thread it should be perfectly stable with a d2 shortcut set up to use a data folder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:37 pm 
Game Server Host

playing around with the text file won't cause crashes or anything, you are quite safe to play around with it/move the stats or even add your own choice of stats. See the tutorial for more info if you want to set your own one up.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:57 pm 

K, I might do so, While the original at the start of the thread certainly displays any and all much needed information I'll probably customize it for myself (as in the obvious name of this thread)

(Edited after I installed it)

I feel really dumb considering how easy that was. Thanks for making it easy on us all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:02 pm 

Link is a 404 please fix when u get time , i fear whole new screen may be beyond my ability's yet but im learning

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:00 pm 

The link should be up now. All I really did was use the plug in and tools that purerage initially provided in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4281

Of course if you want to use the stat screen I did as a base for modifications that's up to you. The plug in download I have in my first post is configured for normal res. I'm suspecting you want to modify it to make the respective display boxes bigger? Given how I left a good bit of whitespace there should be room to do that at least.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:06 pm 

hi guys i recently installed 1.21Z solo edition which is 800x600. is there anyway char stats screen that have been modified ? the purerage orange char screen is pretty bad ass but actualy a simple add of absord / mf / fhr / mdr/pdr and everything usefull will be very helpfull. so if you have anything that have been modified somewhere that i could install to change my original 1 i really want to try it out ... since im about -100% in modding i just cant even think about doing it my self

tyvm guys.

edit: oh and if any1 that have a 1024 version of 1.21z solo that i could download id really appreaciate it .. not to CHEEZE the game simply that it feel better for the eyes :D

Offline Profile