Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

Post subject: MA Assasin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:46 pm 

Sup all -

I found a lvl 95 uni claw so I decided to make an assasin.. but I've never made one before. I think dtail looks like a lot of fun so was thinking of going that route, but have no idea what my skill/stat distribution or gear set up should be.

At first glance, I thought Claw Block, Shadow Warrior, Fade, Tiget Strike, and Dtail might be good ones to max, but I don't know which (if any) are one point wonders, etc.

Gear-wise I'm thinking shadow killer/i dont know what else, shadow dancer boots, blood craft gloves, i have 2 nice craft rings, nosoferatus, no idea what armor or helm.

Any help / advice is much appreciated.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: MA Assasin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:02 pm 

Claw Block and Fade both have some diminishing returns aspects (fade may not be entirely diminishing returns though).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:24 pm 

fade you want to max, and you only want to one point claw block. It will be equally good as a maxed one since it has diminishing returns at higher lvls as far as I know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:29 pm 

fade gets dr% per hard point right? I'll max it for sure then.

I read that claw block is blocking elemental attacks... not physical attacks then? are they both the same %ctb displayed when you mouse-over your defense?

Anyways, so now I'll have some points free'd up, should I pump it into Claw Mastery? How is the kick dmg calculated? From your weapons? Boots? lol.
Sorry I'm so noob... seriously never made an assasin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:28 pm 

hmm I asked the same question not long ago...I can see if I can find the topic, abominae made a really good post about it there

EDIT: this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4213&p=35297&hilit=dtail#p35297

EDIT2: as for where you should spend your points...I have no fucking idea. ask someone ingame that has a high dtail sin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:39 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
fade gets dr% per hard point right? I'll max it for sure then.

I read that claw block is blocking elemental attacks... not physical attacks then? are they both the same %ctb displayed when you mouse-over your defense?

Anyways, so now I'll have some points free'd up, should I pump it into Claw Mastery? How is the kick dmg calculated? From your weapons? Boots? lol.
Sorry I'm so noob... seriously never made an assasin

Weapon Block also blocks physical attacks at equal CTB as it does certain spells. Weapon Block also has very bad diminishing returns, and with sufficient plus skills hits 65%-70% fairly easily end game.

Claw Mastery has no affect on kick damage/AR IIRC. It does increase your Tiger Strike AR, which is good, but not worth maxing for.

Kick Damage is based upon a number of things, the equation is kind of funky. Boot Damage plays the biggest roll though, so you should always have the highest damage boots possible. Adamant Boots gives better damage than Myrmidon Greaves and are the best dmg boots in the game. For this reason, you will want to use crafted Adamant Boots over Shadow Dancers.

Standard Dtail is pretty much max Tiger Strike, Dragon Tail and Fade while getting all the 1 pointers (Blade Shield, Dragon Flight, Death Sentry). From there it's pretty much all preference. You can max Death Sentry for huge AoE, you can max Shadow Master for a beastly tank, etc. etc.

Another thing to note if you didn't already is that Tiger Strike and Dragon Tail stack multiplicative, not additively. This means the two together result in thousands of ED%, which is where you get that 100k+ Dragon Tail from.
Also, you want passive fire pierce, as Dragon Tail deals fire damage. Keep in mind passive pierce is only applied from your main claw when using melee attacks, not your off claw, so using 2x Shadow Killers will lie about your actual pierce. Best bet for a helm is a element craft diadem, preferably with +Assassin or +Martial Arts skills.

Also good to know that the actual Fire Damage you deal with Dragon Tail is based on the targetted enemy's physical resistance. Pretty sure I went in-depth about Dragon Tail mechanics in an earlier thread if you want to search for it, but just know you want both Amplify Damage & Fire Pierce to make the most out of your Dragon Tail damage.

EDIT: Verb just linked to the thread I was talkin' about.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:15 am 

awesome info man, thanks. answered all my questions :)

adamant craft boots ey? Those are gonna run me a real high str req..

so, would you suggest socketing uber rubies to my main claw for the pierce? then, what in the secondary? also, the left one is the 'main' claw, right?

I think maxing DS would be real fun..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am 
Game Server Host

off hand claw is the last one equipped. if you weapon switch or rejoin the game though (not sure about weap switch, would have to check in game), the left weapon slot is treated as the main hand and the right is the off hand

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:26 pm 

awesome, thanks mate

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

What about cloak of shadow ? It boosts asn def like crazy, should it be maxed as well ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:02 pm 
Game Server Host

It would depend on the build I guess. Something like a Dclaw sin I would think about maxing it but most of the time I'd rather spend those points in death sentry to assist with farming. You can just chase corpses all over the place with maxed sentry :). I only really use CoS as an "Oh shit!!!" button or against nasty ranged mobs to stomp their AI.

Offline Profile