Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

Post subject: quest locks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:52 pm 

what does everyone think about re-adding the quest locks from 1.21z? remember you couldn't take the andy tp without countess, the duriel tp w/o ardy, the meph tp w/o breaking the orb, cs tp w/o hell forge, and ancients for a5 tp.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: quest locks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 pm 

Going to probably have to agree here despite exploiting them. It was mainly used to rush characters. You might as well add them back other wise people will just continue to skip.

You also might want to look for a way to stop a2 openers. If people are going to rush on high chars. Might as well make them do it the long way( including myself here. )

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:29 pm 

No. Enough of the softcore population uses mh don't encourage even more of them to. Even when playing thru I rarely do countess izzy forge or most of the sub quests (izzy for drop of death). If you want the markers A1 Cain A2 Ardual A3 Orb A4 (eh?) A5 Ancients. So it's quests people do and not ones like countess that make you go out of the way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:26 am 

LockDown wrote:
No. Enough of the softcore population uses mh don't encourage even more of them to. Even when playing thru I rarely do countess izzy forge or most of the sub quests (izzy for drop of death). If you want the markers A1 Cain A2 Ardual A3 Orb A4 (eh?) A5 Ancients. So it's quests people do and not ones like countess that make you go out of the way.

I can agree with this. The flail part eh... Only because I absolutely hate Act3. A4 should be hellforge... In all seriousness even Hadriel the angel tells you to turn around if you havent done the hellforge ^^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:44 am 

JnDmX wrote:
LockDown wrote:

I can agree with this. The flail part eh... Only because I absolutely hate Act3. A4 should be hellforge... In all seriousness even Hadriel the angel tells you to turn around if you havent done the hellforge ^^

A3 is a kick in the dick because I just did A2 which is the same exact shit just less tedious to run than the Spider Cavern :roll: Probably keep the flag as Trav for A3.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:56 am 

A4 is broken.
Izual - breaks games, not everyone want to do that after 3-4 crashes in a row
Forge - rune reward is nice, early guys may want to get that alone... and doing it 3-4 times is.... few hours :-).
A2 must be fixed - can be completely skipped with an opener. It's a matter of 10min if lucky with statue of torn faces.
Can set them when we have agreement what's needed.

Last edited by Steel on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:10 am 

The one downside to requiring forge is it only drops one rune and some gems. Norm and nightmare no biggie, but hell can drop a decent rune. A3 is a major pain, but not against it. Rest I can easily agree to.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:50 am 

Well is the drop off the forge hardcoded? Or can you increase the rate of rune drops per player in party?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:56 am 

JnDmX wrote:
Well is the drop off the forge hardcoded? Or can you increase the rate of rune drops per player in party?

I see a lot of issues with this. Mainly someone does forge in full game and ninja parties <_<

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:58 am 

LockDown wrote:
JnDmX wrote:

I see a lot of issues with this. Mainly someone does forge in full game and ninja parties <_<

Maybe on SC. But I doubt that go very far in HC

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:02 am 

JnDmX wrote:
LockDown wrote:
JnDmX wrote:

Maybe on SC. But I doubt that go very far in HC

SC has a few bad apples. HC and SC communities aren't the same ofc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:07 am 

I like this, but I think the a4 should be changed to izual instead of hellforge. If there even should be a restriction on act4 at all.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:39 pm 

LockDown wrote:

SC has a few bad apples. HC and SC communities aren't the same ofc.

right, in SC if you dont have countess, the other 5 people in the game arent going to help you OR wait for you to do it.

who does all the quests anyways?

voted no

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:18 pm 

would vote no its a pain to join a game only to find you dont have the quest done to continue on with the group and they wont help you because they want to continue on with the next act

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:14 pm 

It would be better to just reinstate the old anti rush, preferably using a mechanism which people cant get around, or ban them if they do :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:49 pm 

nvm

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:59 pm 

Draped wrote:
It would be better to just reinstate the old anti rush, preferably using a mechanism which people cant get around, or ban them if they do :P

if im not mistaken that is what he is talking about doing reinstating quest flags but in truth it still does not stop rushing since u can still getquest from in town in most cases

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:17 am 

Without anti rush, restoring quest locks will only make rushing a little more cumbersome.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:15 pm 

Pious wrote:
what does everyone think about re-adding the quest locks from 1.21z? remember you couldn't take the andy tp without countess, the duriel tp w/o ardy, the meph tp w/o breaking the orb, cs tp w/o hell forge, and ancients for a5 tp.

this is a must believe, its dumb to balance the game based on hacks cheats etc... but i think something can be implemented for these quests.

if lames get concerned of mh, just make the countess map smaller, just 3 floors for example, 1 2 and countess lair, same with the others, just make smaller maps to the needed questlocks. and maybe set portal spawn from lazarus to 2, one for hf and the other to Diablo's lair

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:57 am 

ya looks like most people didn't like this idea. prolly best to put it aside for now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:30 pm 

Pious wrote:
ya looks like most people didn't like this idea. prolly best to put it aside for now.

Im all with the return of questlocks, and was really concerned and freaked when i saw they got removed from 1.21z. But to be happy with.. should put them back and reduce significally the maps on those questlocks

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:01 am 

Definitely do not mind the quest locks, however, points of concern.
With the orb in act three, what happens when someone mules a flail to glitch nm and hell with? Rushing in that sense would be no problem.
The opener is still a drag in a2, but could it not be edited to make say the summoner a flag for the tal rasha tomb? Even if you do have an opener, someone still has make the trip to summoner and ardy.
Act one, I honestly dont see any issue with countess map... It takes what? 5-7 mins to navigate to her?
Act4... this one is different, the hellforge takes quite the time to navigate too.... may be easier to make this the quest if we could make the hellforge in the same location, i.e the beginning of the rof, or the very end.
This would mean we still had to do it, and kill dragon, but wouldn't be near as tedious for hell to do it multiple times.
Act 5.. My concern with this, is I find it easy for a char to go to ancients way, pop citidale tp, and then bring the char to ancients wp, by passing the rest of the act. Could we per say make this tp have requirements of oh say Nihilathak? In my eyes, if your popping that tp, your going for sammy, and should probably have nil done anyways. THis will prevent quick rushes in my opinion anyways.

But I could be wrong, and all of this senseless babble, who knows!! :mrgreen:

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile