Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 am

Post subject: The state of this community
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:34 pm 

Hey guys,

I think this place has lost its path over the past few months, im getting pretty sick and tired of it to be honest.

The future of this mod is looking pretty bleak at the moment and i dont want that to happen.

I know alot of people dislike blue and i understand that. But the guy in charge of the mod has gone awol and the forums are a warzone.. not really a good sign for the future is it? i agree he isnt very compromising at all... but i appreciate that he puts effort into it... (blue.arimyth.com especially)

I think we need to try and man up and settle this. I just wanna play, as long as we reach a better balance in the next patch im up for whatever it brings. I say this because id rather play than have the game fade into oblivion.... thats what its all about right?

Speaking to each other a bit more respect would help i think

Whats everyones opinion?

Id rather this post not turn into a warzone or directed troll novas at me please

Jay

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: The state of this community
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:04 am 

I actually think the future looks bright so long as things get sorted. Last few months before blue started causing the massive to get angry and unite against him I didn't realize how passionate so many people were to this mod. It seemed dead and like no one cared anymore, which is obviously false after what we have seen.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:10 am 

Good post Jay. I'm not gonna rage quit anytime soon even if it did seem that way today

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:22 am 

The community has done nothing wrong. That's the part you fail to see. How can you ask for respect when you don't give it? Blue hasn't shown any respect on his part but he expects it in return?

It's simple. A person with Blues position has to be willing to compromise with such a vast community. He will not do so.. so you can't expect the community to sit around while he adds changes the community harshly disagrees with.

You think if Blue comes back but still unwilling to compromise the players will settle for less and take a loss? We'll stop voicing our opinions and do what Blue wants? Your dreaming. The oak nerf is simply over kill. It won't happen.

The worst case scenario is he does not come back, a patch won't drop, and Mancer will be contacted in which we'll go back to the previous patch with seasonal resets. It can't be that hard to get a hold of Mancer if things go that bad. And the worst case scenario isn't actually worst case.. considering Mancers last patch is more balanced than what we are heading towards.

It's up to Blue honestly. Players will show respect when they feel they are getting respect as well but as long as Blue continues to ignore the community and bash those who give logical, well explained reasoning against him then he can't expect any respect or a positive environment where everyone loves and respects Blue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:41 am 

here is to hoping for the worst case scenario.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:47 am 

I can vote for negative oak hp values if it brings new patch... or maybe better not.
Community is fine, Forums were always warzone, old forums and this one but who cares while in game we are a team?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 am 

Steel and I make sweet beautiful music together in game. Same with Jay except that music is rough and frantic because he's a selfish lover :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:36 am 

I can't vote for negative oak values if it's brings a patch because there is no logical justice in it. Blue has to compromise, it's as simple as that. First it's an Oak nerf then what's second and what's third? It doesn't end. I sent blue a PM to reach out to him man to man not friend to friend and he hasn't replied despite logging in. The future of HU is up to blue. We can start working together as friends or it can remain as Blue against the community and nothing ever is accomplished.

There is a simple fix to this. Blue can change it all but he has to decide for himself. I'd give him all the respect in the world if he'd start working with the community. Everyone would love him for it. Why he refuses to do it.. still a mystery. It's up to Blue at this point. I'd hate to see it go back to Mancers patch because nothing would ever get changed.

Sad to see the things turn out the way they did but Blue decided to take on the role of modder. No one forced it on him. If it was too much in the end, why take the role to begin with? Part of taking the role is responsibility. If the the community turns against you then part of responsibility is finding out why and working to resolve it. Has Blue done that? No. He simply quit due to the negative response the community has given him. A reasonable person would work with the community to fix the negativity against them. At the same time.. I don't know how blue feels or thinks. Regardless of all... the best solution is a peaceful resolution. How to go about that with Blue not responding to anyone or communicating is beyond me.

Expect the worst but pray for the best. Think I heard that somewhere.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:06 am 

nice post jay :)
And I would never let you ragequit lock, lol.
We have the plans sorted out for the reset, its not like I am not gonna force you all to go trough with it! Mohaha

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:15 am 

Lee - Im not blaming the community by any means, and i really do see how uncomprimising blue is! Having a community patch is a great thing we have (even if it feels too good to be true some times) But that is not our fault! It would be nice if blue came back and actually communicated with us and we can try and compromise.

Steel - Yeah i know its always the same warzone etc. Just maybe getting a bit too much without reaching a target right now

Oak nerf is a bad idea indeed! I dont think anybody would disagree

I guess the point of my post really is just that i dont wanna see HU fade away with the same patch and ladder still in play at christmas lol. Thats why im almost at the point now where ill play whatever patch comes out without wanting to have a say, just to be able to play something new. But i dont want it come down to that deep down!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:03 am 

Remove that stupid physical resist thing and shut off your mouths.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:09 am 

You know id roll with that tase!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 am 

Steel wrote:
I can vote for negative oak hp values if it brings new patch..

abgemacht

game will still be playable and will be a move in the right direction. What I have been saying since the start.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:54 am 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_number

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:34 am 

For Some Reason Lee is the Only one Talking about respect But i Wouldn Fking Respect Blue Even if he Doesnt Am his slave in this game he Did His Best Now Lets Chill For 1 Day Without Raging on Each Other And the Oak nerf Wouldnt Stop the World as a Druid .

Edit: 4% would be good Becuase it wont be fair if u compare it with bo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:46 pm 

Does anyone have any idea wtf Brush just said?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:40 pm 

I don't even I didn't ask for this,

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:08 pm 

Maybe hes drunk or something..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

After Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 get out, is anyone really going to care about this mod anymore anyway? Hell Unleashed has gone through many transformations over the years.

I'll be working hard on a Torchlight 2 multiplayer project and depending on the moddability of D3 and the feasibility of a private server you can likely expect a Hell Unleashed II from me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:32 pm 

At least revert us to previous patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:04 am 

Soulmancer wrote:
After Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 get out, is anyone really going to care about this mod anymore anyway? Hell Unleashed has gone through many transformations over the years.

I'll be working hard on a Torchlight 2 multiplayer project and depending on the moddability of D3 and the feasibility of a private server you can likely expect a Hell Unleashed II from me.

Hi, I don't post much but I do read almost everything on here and play this mod so here is my two cents: YES. People will always care about this mod just as some people care still for Diablo, and Diablo II and many other mods or "revivals" of classic games. Even with the spiritual successor of D2 coming out and also D3 they will in no way replace the game we know and love.

I think Blue's personal temper tantrum is symptomatic of the peoples attitude towards this mod. Everyone on here feels its their right to have input. That may be nice and all but in the end he is the one in charge of releasing a patch. All we as a community can do is offer our OPINIONS and hope he will honor that. It sucks, but it is what it is. You can scream and yell all you want, it's not going to sway anyone's opinion (especially when your yelling through a keyboard....) Looking back at the way people have been trying to force him to agree with themselves it isn't a huge wonder why he won't listen.

In the end I wish Blue and this community could get along a little better for the sake of preserving this mod at least a little longer. I can't say for everyone else but I love this game and hope it lasts much longer.

Thanks for reading my rant. I feel better

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:32 am 

Soulmancer wrote:

I love the idea with a Hell Unleashed II :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:12 pm 

GameLucky21 wrote:
I think Blue's personal temper tantrum is symptomatic of the peoples attitude towards this mod. Everyone on here feels its their right to have input. That may be nice and all but in the end he is the one in charge of releasing a patch. All we as a community can do is offer our OPINIONS and hope he will honor that. It sucks, but it is what it is. You can scream and yell all you want, it's not going to sway anyone's opinion (especially when your yelling through a keyboard....) Looking back at the way people have been trying to force him to agree with themselves it isn't a huge wonder why he won't listen.
There are those of us who did try using reasonable tones, offering ideas and suggestions all of which got shot down. Why? To him we are all mindless noobs who don't understand basic game mechanics. In virtually all cases when making changes, using a smaller amount is better. One example is crushing blow, before it was obtainable on many items, then with the patch reduced to very, very few 2h only weapons. Even though some suggested differently. Amp, LR and conviction took major hits, which to a point was needed, just not to the extreme we got.

As is, many say a certain build is "OP" without understanding fully why that is. Take plague jav for one, seeing 400k+ dmg is OP. But in truth most of that can be adjusted through small changes to items rather than the skill. If some of the +% dmg was nerfed the effect would be linear and mostly affect endgame items. Up to that point the skill would still function quite nicely without being killed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

People wanted change and an update, said they were bored of the old patch and something needed to be done. I retired from modding D2, Blue was willing to to continue developing and implement changed that a number of veteran players had supported. No one else seems willing to do work on and compile a new patch; but I haven't always supported some of his changes either. I agree he needs to take a more balanced approach at listening to the community as a whole, HU is very senseative to small changes and tweaks that can make one class or boss go from completely overpowered to completely useless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 am 

Then my question is if some one else was willing to do they work how would they go about getting to go live on realm.assuming the rest of the community agrees with said person and changes. Imo that's the only obstacle too a new community patch.

Offline Profile