Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

Post subject: Easiest MF class/spec?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:31 am 

Hey guys,

I haven't played Diablo for about 5 years, and I saw this mod on Justin.tv being streamed so I thought I'd give it a go. Now, I figured I'd make a summoner necro to just breeze through the game with my friends, and it has been, until we get to bosses. I'm a golemancer, level 42, with maxed Gmastery, 5 points clay, and as many as I can get into Force with a deathknight as well. I'm fairly geared, considering I've been running around with 400MF for the last 3 acts. I have +5 to skills. I haven't really had much trouble with bosses, except duriel, jesus christ, that was the most redic shit without a few extra points into clay and no force, but now I've come across Meph, and my original goal for this character was to MF.

I usually prefer my first character to be an MFer, so I can gear for classes I actually enjoy playing (zealadin, smiter, barb). Now Meph is generally the boss people MF on, as it's easy to get to etc, but last night I tried vsing him, and his cyclone literally tore my golems apart, I think I maybe got him down 1cm on his HP bar. Is there any way easy class to MF with? I know it's intended for group play, but I can solo every single boss except Meph, I just generally need a level lead.

Thanks in advance guys!

TL:DR - What's the easiest class to MF with without insane gear?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Easiest MF class/spec?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:02 am 

For this patch boss killing a poison zon or a fire druid while not enjoyable are reliable and the best DPS vs boss sans meteor. For general mfing... I'd say anything with a wide AoE can make easy work of most areas in hell (Sins and Death Sentry, BoneMancers, LF Zons, HDINs, Orb Sorcs CB Sorcs etc). You wanna mf in areas such as Frozen Tundra Ancients Way Citadel and WSK as those areas drop level 95 uniques in hell with a good frequency. This mod is different from vanilla in terms of better items can be found without doing bosses because of how difficult the bosses are. (I'd also advise you to put a few points into Spirit Blades as they are the best tank.) Also don't neglect the curse tree.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:34 am 

Oh wow, thanks for the quick response. Yeah I was kinda wondering whether MFing bosses was worth it. So just generally clearing WSK up to Baal will work as MFing? Well I already have a level 25 sorc I stopped leveling because I found the change to Tele frustrating rofl. She was orginally going Blizz, but Orb is stronger for MFing?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:49 am 

well orb is more of a trash clearing skill and blizzard is more of a boss killing skill. Blizz probably still works as a trash clearing skill but not as effective as orb does it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:00 am 

Hmm, I figured. Well I was thinking of going bone necro with my friend as a psn jav. Would the bone necro still be able to solo MF?

Also, in the screenshots of characters section, I see people with extra stats calculated in their character screen such as FHR, IAS, MF, etc. What mod/utility is that?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:05 am 

oh yes, bone necro is probably the best trash clearing class in the game. At least I think so.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3277
Thats where we got the mf and shit in the char screen. On the last page or something purerage gives a tutorial on how to add more shit to the char screen, its not that hard, I've tried it. If you want more stuff thats how you'll have to add them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:07 am 

Bone necs can maintain high MF - 2x wisp ring for mf which also provide -mag res, you can ist's(you will eventually find few) your gear as well as mf charms/gheed's fortune from nm cow king.
Verb ninje'd links first :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:15 am 

I love this community <3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:28 am 

Yeah for MF you will want a bone nec! geared properly they can clear any of the 95 areas really well with good mf as already said.

Even when maxed and buffed golems wont provide the damage you will need or last more than 30 seconds or so on a boss fight if you are solo

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 am 

Bow zons are very good trash killers/mfers though a bit fragile. I also enjoyed an fnova sorc I had last ladder that cleared the tundra very quickly and easily(probably need infinity or knowledge orb for solo). Nova sorc works very well too. There are a bunch of bone necs out there if you want to try one of these instead.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:33 am 

prescot was telling me how there was a pure phys bowzon that cleared tundra in 3 minutes with multi shot. haven't tried it yet but will let you know ^__^

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:47 am 

he's exaggerating
But it's doable within average 10min. I have a dexzon that clears it solo that time, 500mf + 400 more with hork armor but it's an overkill.
I'd not suggest rushing to tundra with her if you're not familiar with that place, siege beasts and overlords can ohko you (you must put 90% of your stat point to dex so hp will be low). Bloody foothills or Lake of the dead (with holy craft armor) and you'll be rich of runes and stuff... and there's little less threat there than on tundra.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:50 am 

good call!
btw whats your dex?
is it possible to get around 800?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:58 am 

http://blue.arimyth.com/images/98-bowzon-steel2.jpg - a2 might merc with beast rw.
http://blue.arimyth.com/images/98-bowzon-steel.jpg
I haven't done any special gear for her tho(2x cons rings I was lucky early)
It is possible. Kannli last ladder had over 850 iirc. Need good crafts like amus +dex and +dex/4lvls(or 2 was on amus?), same with head. Use search function to find topics about dexzons, there were few made a year ago, should be accurate except res things, you'll need good port of res charms if you want to survive few areas.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 pm 

So when speccing bone, what other skills do I go other then Spirit, Spear, Teeth? Do I get a clay golem + mastery, or just put some points into bone armour?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:56 pm 

Depending with whom you're playing rest of points you can spend
20amp/20golem mast
20lr/20golem mast
XXcurse/20blades
20bone armor/bone cages.
1clay is fine, he just need to hit once and explode for cold nova attack ;-) Blood golem is a beast. I did a golemancer in a team and bloodG is bloody ridiculous.
Edit: 20death knight(hp per kill aura) is also a choice, sturdy tank.

Only maxed summons can stand on boss fights, but not for too long. Prime evils do 8x more dmg to them, that's why norm meph's hurri destroyed your summons.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:45 pm 

one thing you want to look out for is find item. its on a unique armour called glory crest.

http://blue.arimyth.com/ go here for more info on items.

use find item on bosses for ~8 uniques at a time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 am 

Steel wrote:
Depending with whom you're playing rest of points you can spend
20amp/20golem mast
20lr/20golem mast
XXcurse/20blades
20bone armor/bone cages.
1clay is fine, he just need to hit once and explode for cold nova attack ;-) Blood golem is a beast. I did a golemancer in a team and bloodG is bloody ridiculous.
Edit: 20death knight(hp per kill aura) is also a choice, sturdy tank.

Only maxed summons can stand on boss fights, but not for too long. Prime evils do 8x more dmg to them, that's why norm meph's hurri destroyed your summons.

Well I have a friend for bosses on a barb. I don't really want to put points into summons as I'd rather assist my team or my damage output. I planned on getting an A2 merc with thorns for when I'm solo MFing.

So with that mindset, would it be reasonable to go 20 lower resist + 20 decrepify? Does the slow on decrep get better? I just figured I'd just decrep for when he's having a hard time tanking, plus I like reducing the ranged damage when we're fighting melee.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:26 am 

Also, you should drop by the mid-high level gift thread on SC Trading. I can provide you some gear to mf easier ^^ Its been working so far.
If you need anything, hit me up (But dont ask for darforge, i never found a single darkforge. Thasts like the number 1 frustration)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 am 

dont max decrepify, one point is more then enough. the slow doesnt get increased only radius and duration, and you'll get enough +skill gear to cover that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 am 

Thanks Overkill ^_^

@ Verb, yeah I tested it in SP. I maxed all bone, and Lower Resist. I ended up with I think 23 points? I still don't know what to place them in. I don't really want to place 20 points into a Clay to have him just get 2 shot vs bosses. Would maxing swords be a worthy investment? Or should I just get 1 point Lower Resist, and max skele mastery and get a maxed DK?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:04 am 

Endzy wrote:
Thanks Overkill ^_^

@ Verb, yeah I tested it in SP. I maxed all bone, and Lower Resist. I ended up with I think 23 points? I still don't know what to place them in. I don't really want to place 20 points into a Clay to have him just get 2 shot vs bosses. Would maxing swords be a worthy investment? Or should I just get 1 point Lower Resist, and max skele mastery and get a maxed DK?

Maxing blades would make you popular.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:24 am 

yeah max blades are really good. And I think you should think about wich curse you should get, either amp or lr. Does lr reduce magic resist aswell? thought it only reduced cold, light, fire and psn.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:43 pm 

What do the hard points in Amp do again?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:23 pm 

Right now each hard point in amp increases the amount of physical resist lowered by 1%. This is on top of the normal amp progression of 1% gained every 4 soft levels (+skills). A level 20 amp gained entirely from items would pierce an enemy's physical resist -30. A full 20 skill points dumped into amp with no +skills would pierce enemy's resist -50.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:22 pm 

No LR doesn't effect magic res.

Offline Profile