Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

Post subject: Leaving the forums for a few days
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:51 pm 

Forum discussions have been counterproductive to me getting anything done, so I am logging off for a while. I am sorry to those who would like to contribute, but there has been too much negativity for me to find enjoyable. When it stops being enjoyable, I stop feeling inclined to work on things - so I am heading out.

Catch you all some time later.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Leaving the forums for a few days
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:52 pm 

do what I do:

http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:36 pm 

Understandable

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:55 am 

I guess a few posters disagreeing with your global changes to the game is negativity. Then again I'm surprised you even see any negative posts with how many people you've blocked. Anyone ever see Blue actually comprise with anything/anyone ever if he disagreed with it at the start? Pretty silly to make a pity thread seeing as you don't really give a shit about the opinions of 90% of the posters here.

Why give a shit about negative posts when you don't even take our advice/feedback seriously? Both the 6 stat point paladin change and the 3% oak have been met with heavy disagreement, yet you still disregard everything we say and want to go through with your huge gameplay changing ideas. We've basically been beta testers these last 6 months, and I speak for myself but I believe a lot of us don't want to go through that again. At least not to the extent of last patch. Way too many core gameplay changing ideas implemented at once.

You would be a God to us if you would just work on smaller adjustments, or meeting us halfway on the more controversial stuff. Time and time again you refuse to budge on a topic/idea even if you're met with mostly disagreement from reputable posters. If our opinions really mean that little to you then just take your time and put your patch out whenever, instead of stringing us along like we have a say in it.

I don't know how many times we have to say it. We're all grateful for the work you've done, your patch(s) may have very well saved HU from slowly fading off. But do you seriously expect us not to get all huffy when we see you trying to implement yet another idea that threatens to change the mod on a huge level? Then we're ignored or told we don't know what we're talking about when we try to disagree. It sucks and frankly I'm surprised people are still tolerating it(as if they had a choice).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:47 am 

Great post by drrod so I'm inclined to say a little something as well.

Though I do feel pity due to the fact that the nature of Blues role is a very tough position, time consuming etc. to have. I just don't feel pity for the "negativity" in the community you claim against you.

Just being reasonable Blue, I'm sure you can understand this simple concept. The community feels as if it's being neglected, ignored and treated like shit by you. We spend our time trying to have the things we feel best for HU done and we do it through long posts with a lot of great reasons and you know where we end up? We end up at the same place we started when we begin talking to you. Nothing ever changes. You never come out to compromise or anything even close.

How can you expect the "positive vibe" to exist on this forum when everyone feels YOUR against them. You ask for the community suggestions in the forum and then shoot everyone down as if no matter what anyone said anyway you weren't going to change your position. Let's hypothesize and say we were able to successfully work together. You know what the end result of the Oak nerf would have been? 4%. Even after all the negative responses you've received from such a harsh nerf, you still refused to compromise, not even once. You hardly have ever compromised on any issue actually.

Things in the future will just get worse. Like I said.. as someone who's been a part of this community so long I can come to appreciate the role you've had. HU being the same thing mancer left off with would have slowly died. Your role in the community is important but don't forget that the role of the community is just as important. In the future, there has to be more working TOGETHER and your attitude has to change or you can expect even more negativity on the forum etc.

But enjoy your time off and hope you can get some work done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:53 am 

just release the patch, i see no problems with it. If problems do arise while the patch is live, it can be easily changed during the next big update/reset.

IMO we need less tears to move forward. This patch is a step in the right direction, dont let peoples tears delay a step in the right direction.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:03 pm 

what exactly IS productive? six point paladins? then step it up, lets be TWICE as 'productive.' I think we should go with TWELVE point paladins. now that's some productivity.
meh

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:10 pm 

I know it's very stressful and hard for you to edit a few text files. I know it must be so time consuming to do few changes and even harder to actually listen to a community that understands and plays the game infinitely more than you.

cy@

Blue= the ultimate troll

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 pm 

A bit egotistical making a thread like this isn't it?

I respect taking some time from the internet but announcing it like this is kinda well weird.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:13 pm 

stars wrote:

Posted it so that people wouldn't wonder why I wasn't responding to things.

titaniumbaby wrote:
I know it's very stressful and hard for you to edit a few text files. I know it must be so time consuming to do few changes and even harder to actually listen to a community that understands and plays the game infinitely more than you.

This is pretty much the general impression I get from most of you around here. Clearly you all are so much better than I, so go ahead and build your own patch. I will leave you in peace and continue to just stay away from the forums.

The attitude and arrogance of some of the people around here is just unbelievable.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:21 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
The attitude and arrogance of some of the people around here is just unbelievable.

I agree. They fail to keep perspective.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:29 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
stars wrote:

titaniumbaby wrote:

This is pretty much the general impression I get from most of you around here. Clearly you all are so much better than I, so go ahead and build your own patch. I will leave you in peace and continue to just stay away from the forums.

I thought you were taking a break from here.

Plus I came to this conclusion after a month of playing the game and interacting with you on the forums. Only people that agree with you are bunch of kiss-asses the rest have lost their patience with you a long time ago.

You'd think that with this many people having this much of a strong opinion against you you would start looking for faults in yourself and not others.

The community asks for very little you do a very bad job at updating and giving time frames ( which is okay since it isn't truly your "responsibility" even though you volunteered in to this position) but you do an even SHITTIER job at listening to the community. You never play this game so why don't you just listen to others who do.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 pm 

titaniumbaby wrote:
I thought you were taking a break from here.

Plus I came to this conclusion after a month of playing the game and interacting with you on the forums. Only people that agree with you are bunch of kiss-asses the rest have lost their patience with you a long time ago.

You'd think that with this many people having this much of a strong opinion against you you would start looking for faults in yourself and not others.

The community asks for very little you do a very bad job at updating and giving time frames ( which is okay since it isn't truly your "responsibility" even though you volunteered in to this position) but you do an even SHITTIER job at listening to the community. You never play this game so why don't you just listen to others who do.

These are the thoughts and opinions everyone has for any game that receives updates based on community feedback. Go read any MMORPG forum.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:38 pm 

Quote:
These are the thoughts and opinions everyone has for any game that receives updates based on community feedback. Go read any MMORPG forum.
But this patch is like EA would release a new patch for WoW... :-)
There were some mistakes, what's done is done. Let's look forward to have 0phys res on bosses and phys pierce items... and cooldown set for every non-phys-melee skill 30secs.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:10 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:

You reap what you sow.
If you're going to be completely arrogant and hang on to bad changes solely because you like them, no matter the massive amounts of arguments against them (and little to no evidence supporting them), I don't see how you'd expect any sort of different treatment.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
stars wrote:

titaniumbaby wrote:

What about you? What about YOUR attitude and YOUR arrogance? No one is saying that JUST because we play MORE infinitely than you that we should BUILD the patch or whatever else. Mancer left you with the Mod. He left you in CHARGE. It's your RESPONSIBILITY to work with the community to build a patch TOGETHER. This is something you can't fucking do. I don't know what it is, or what goes on in your head but this is just something you REFUSE to do.

So how can you blame us? How can you be frustrated with the community you refuse to work or compromise for?

Since you've taken over it's always been BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE and nothing or anyone else. Are you building the patch for yourself or for the community? Why don't you start ASKING yourself the questions that matter the most. I don't think you realize that at the end of the day.. the majority of us reap the consequences of whatever you decide to change against our will. So do you think we will glorify you and give you Godly praise for that? I don't understand your thinking.

Your attitude and arrogance has to change in order for people to start respecting you. Nothing productive comes from you stomping on everyone around here and ignoring what they say and then saying your done with the forum due to the negativity.

Remember.. the negative environment that you create in the first place? When you ignored all the people against your Oak idea? Your paladin idea? At the end of the day.. you have to be a man and take responsibility. The negativity around here is your doing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:20 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:31 pm 

When something stops being fun, a break is good. I know I certainly don't have the patience and dedication you've had over the years to keep doing what you've been doing, but I do appreciate your work (and others) on HU and thank you for that. If anyone thinks they can do better, why don't they then? Fixing and making balancing changes to games is one of the most tedious things to do so I have no problem admitting I would be way too lazy to do that...

On a completely unrelated matter, I have been having crazy AoE/AoK nostalgia and wanted to reinstall to play/watch some rec games. I lost my CRAZY HUGE rec games folder long ago (not to mention the setup to get them all playing correctly) and MFO only has top 10 nowadays anyway so I dunno if it is even worth it. But yeah, can never go wrong with rec games from AoK - those are always awesome.

When the hell did I get so old :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:38 pm 

blue is the only one that has the privilege of making changes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:17 pm 

Zikur wrote:

everyone has the text files, change what u want and host your own private server. its pretty easy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 pm 

PmP wrote:
Zikur wrote:

everyone has the text files, change what u want and host your own private server. its pretty easy.
Translate: "find yourself a new mod". GG, like it or gtfo attitude is always welcomed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:18 pm 

titaniumbaby wrote:

cy@

Blue= the ultimate troll

Shut your pie-hole kid!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:55 pm 

Steel wrote:
PmP wrote:
Zikur wrote:

Translate: "find yourself a new mod". GG, like it or gtfo attitude is always welcomed.

+1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:54 pm 

titaniumbaby wrote:

cy@

Blue= the ultimate troll

I didn't see this before but editing a text file is a huge head ache... Just looking at walls of text is a pain in the ass... Add in the fact that real life sucks and MAY be important to some people.

Last edited by LockDown on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:44 pm 

real life is what you make of it.
you are a unique individual with the power to achieve happiness.
empower yourself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:14 pm 

Well so now that the patch won't be coming out.. what to do.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 pm 

let blue's legacy be running HU into the ground and wait for purerage's beta to drop.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:52 pm 

Can't use D2 Loader on PureRages mod. Kinda disappointing. Going to be hard to play without a full group.. or exp without a group.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 pm 

Lee wrote:
Well so now that the patch won't be coming out.. what to do.

the patch isn't coming out...

damn i was waiting for it to drop so i can play physical characters again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:49 am 

blue is a sulky baby and cant handle the environment that he has created through his ignorance, arrogance, and inability to cooperate with those that are less ignorant about all the aspects of this game.
He is so stubborn that he would rather abandon ship than to compromise, on anything, what a joke.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:55 am 

If someone else were to edit the files would it be acceptable to the powers that be to use the files?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:03 am 

I don't know but if Blue doesn't do anything than HU is going to die probably which means someone is going to have to step up or get ahold of Soulmancer. If Soulmancer doesn't approve it your likely to get banned by him if he even checks the boards anymore. Kind of disappointing to see him not around. It'd be sad to see HU die because of the arrogance of one person who refused to compromise.

2nd of all even if the community built a patch. Duff and the server hosts would have to get access to it.

Really Blue is the only one with a legit key. Unless the entire community wanted to do something nothing will happen or unless mancer steps in and does something.

The best solution is for Blue to compromise and build the patch. He refuses to compromise though.. so what the fuck can you do? No matter how nice you are. No matter HOW nice I say again.. he won't compromise. What's the point? It's like trying to get a pitbull to let go.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 am 

Lee wrote:
Unless the entire community wanted to do something nothing will happen or unless mancer steps in and does something

I heard some noise last night about Blue is leaving for good and the patch isn't coming out? I see no such posts?

Regardless of the oak nerf I was still looking forward to this patch.. too bad if this is really the case.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:

Regardless of the oak nerf I was still looking forward to this patch.. too bad if this is really the case.

Me too. <_<

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:

second

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:13 pm 

Read blues post on the bottom of page 1. He says 'Go build your own patch I will continue to stay away from forums' or something of that nature.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 pm 

Which is odd. Only negative change that's being discussed is oak, rest is heavily welcomed.
but I don't even try to point that his proposed phys res changes won't be enough without better amp scale. Blades or bust it seems... + amp bitch (ofc summons are that popular). But let it be, at least something's happening.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 pm 

Can't even stick around long enough to fix the mistakes he made? Bad form.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 pm 

Lee wrote:
Read blues post on the bottom of page 1. He says 'Go build your own patch I will continue to stay away from forums' or something of that nature.

Well, when someone feels unappreciated and he holds a certain amount of leverage over the community, it makes sense to me that he would point out the reality of the situation. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:00 pm 

Lee wrote:

I didn't take that as he was out for good. I think he got all the feedback he needed regarding the changes he proposed lol. After a certain point we're just beating a dead dog and nothing is getting accomplished.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm 

Quote:
Well, when someone feels unappreciated and he holds a certain amount of leverage over the community, it makes sense to me that he would point out the reality of the situation.
Just total offtopic. When someone says something bad about patch you call them QQ*. When Blue leaves because ppl call him names you call it "normal life situation". Give him time, just chill the fuck out and don't lick his ass. We're still playing this unbalanced game so it's not that tragic after all.

*dunno if ppl still know what QQ means.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:30 pm 

Steel wrote:
Quote:

TT

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 pm 

Steel wrote:
Just total offtopic. When someone says something bad about patch you call them QQ*. When Blue leaves because ppl call him names you call it "normal life situation". Give him time, just chill the fuck out and don't lick his ass. We're still playing this unbalanced game so it's not that tragic after all.

:roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:27 am 

slappyNuts wrote:
Steel wrote:
Quote:

TT
TT = cry
QQ = old fastest way to exit any sc/wc2/3 game by just hitting alt+Q+Q. Dunno why ppl use qq over tt when it means completely different thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:24 am 

Steel wrote:
TT = cry
QQ = old fastest way to exit any sc/wc2/3 game by just hitting alt+Q+Q. Dunno why ppl use qq over tt when it means completely different thing.

'cause white people felt left out from Korean internet culture. QQ is suppose to be white eye's over TT which well you know..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:04 am 
Game Server Host

Maybe it's time folks started writing actual words instead of random combinations of letters or "l337 5p34k"...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:16 am 

I usually refrain from posting on this kind of thread
but holy crap you people don't know how to stop complaining.

I will concede this before I begin: yes, I'm new to this mod. yes, I also like playing barbs and pure phys zealots and was sad to find out they aren't viable.

BOO - FUCKING - HOO.

There are so many builds out there to try: frost bite druid, firestorm/geddon druid, arctic blast druid, fire/zeal pally (fujita's owned as i saw it), pure phys bowzon (clears tundra in a matter of minutes), etc etc etc. Lockdown is making an impale zon, I believe, it is very powerful from what he has told me.

mad about nerfing oak? max wolf/bear to make up the difference
mad about the scale back on decoy? seriously how long does your decoy stand in an 8 game spawned dury/meph/diablo/baal. I have one of the strongest psn-zons in the game and I still have trouble beating the bosses. It's only easier if there are actually 8 people helping in the 8 spawned game.

it just seems all you people want to do is solo bosses with your pure physical characters. if you really want to do that go back to regular bnet. make one character and beat the whole game over and over. end of the day you can pat yourself on the back for making such a noob character.

as i see it, the point of this mod is to try different builds, explore what's viable or not. instead of that, you just want to complain about what is not viable anymore. where is your gamer pride?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:26 pm 

Quote:
it just seems all you people want to do damage to bosses with your pure physical characters.
Fixed for you.
No melee char other than cb smiters could solo bosses. One mistake and 33lvl samhain's ironmaiden landed on you. Call me noob but I had smiter with 40%abs and I smited Diablo to death(surprise 30%cb) while my barb that had maybe 6%cb couldn't damage him, had to bash him with brand stick(frenzy with 2 would be better I know), he slowed me to 40fpa attack, I ww'd and I died cuz IM in the process. Curse immune barbs could. I couldn't. With necs amp I was able to kill azmo/belial - PureRage said his healer did that alone... wow phys OP. Stories about soloing bosses with phys chars are very popular, but stories about soloing entire game, teleing with just healers/fire/blizz sorcs to hell baal aren't, instead entire caster gear got +50% more skills making it easier. Damn you soloing bosses melee abusers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:04 pm 

yes, i agree that sucks.

but my argument is this: the mod primary objective is to try to make things difficult, promote team play, and have fun. I think blue is trying to make it so barb can damage but not kill diablo with his new patch. barbs can easily have 16 - 20 k hp. with that kind of hp, you could tank almost anything if u have enough juvs, and if you have high enough dmg, itll be sinch to just walk through the game to the boss when you feel like it.

it sucks for now but it has to be a trial and error thing to fix the barb.

Steel wrote:
Quote:
it just seems all you people want to do damage to bosses with your pure physical characters.
Fixed for you.
No melee char other than cb smiters could solo bosses. One mistake and 33lvl samhain's ironmaiden landed on you. Call me noob but I had smiter with 40%abs and I smited Diablo to death(surprise 30%cb) while my barb that had maybe 6%cb couldn't damage him, had to bash him with brand stick(frenzy with 2 would be better I know), he slowed me to 40fpa attack, I ww'd and I died cuz IM in the process. Curse immune barbs could. I couldn't. With necs amp I was able to kill azmo/belial - PureRage said his healer did that alone... wow phys OP. Stories about soloing bosses with phys chars are very popular, but stories about soloing entire game, teleing with just healers/fire/blizz sorcs to hell baal aren't, instead entire caster gear got +50% more skills making it easier. Damn you soloing bosses melee abusers.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:04 pm 

raqib wrote:

I will concede this before I begin: yes, I'm new to this mod. yes, I also like playing barbs and pure phys zealots and was sad to find out they aren't viable.

Then you have no idea what last patch was and you have no comparison. If you'd know how unbalanced this mod now is compared to last patch, you'd be complaining too. Instead, you can take your completely skewed view and shit on us because you're playing all you know. It's understandable, but if you knew where we were coming from, you'd understand our position as well.
I understand when new kids get all huffy about the shitstorm on the forums, because well, they don't know any better. Nevermind the fact that all these "complaints" stem from making real suggestions that are ignored. What have you done to try and improve the mod lately?

raqib wrote:
There are so many builds out there to try: frost bite druid, firestorm/geddon druid, arctic blast druid, fire/zeal pally (fujita's owned as i saw it), pure phys bowzon (clears tundra in a matter of minutes), etc etc etc. Lockdown is making an impale zon, I believe, it is very powerful from what he has told me.

Funny, because my biggest complaint about this patch is the incredible LACK of builds to try. If you've played last patch, you know that 10+ builds are no longer viable in Hell. Allow me to list to you builds that got brutalized in Hell this patch:

Summon Druid
Melee Zon (yes, that Zon will suck in Hell)
Whirlwind Barbarian
Frenzy Barbarian
Concentrate Barbarian
War Cry Barbarian
Tornado Druid
Fury Druid
Maul Druid
Shock Wave Druid (well, they already sucked, but now are 110% terrible)
Zeal Paladin (phys)
Blessed Hammer Paladin
Smite Paladin
Blade Fury Assassin (phys)
Dragon Claw Assassin
Dragon Talon Assassin

Funny, 16 builds you can no longer make viable as a damage build in Hell. But, I guess I can always build characters based around Oskill Fire/Cold mastery, that sure made some builds viable!

raqib wrote:
it just seems all you people want to do is solo bosses with your pure physical characters. if you really want to do that go back to regular bnet. make one character and beat the whole game over and over. end of the day you can pat yourself on the back for making such a noob character.

Mmm, the famous "U dun like HU? go bck2 Benettt" line. You have no idea what melee was like last patch. It wasn't a Poison Zon. It sure as hell wasn't an Fstorm Druid. It was a build that required at the very least a Necromancer to preform anywhere. It couldn't kill any trash (like Psn Zon / Fire Druid) and its only purpose was to do well on bosses.
Yes, 30% CB Smiters could dominate bosses with good Amp. They aren't as fast twinked Poison, and never were. And not every melee build was a twinked out Smiter (the best skill the in game for applying CB as it can't be blocked, increasing how much you apply CB by 2x on most bosses). Other melee builds dealt with block, less CB, and hit chance. They were solid, but they weren't amazing.

But do, keep going on like you know what you're talking about when you have no idea of what this mod was like last patch and the absolute drastic changes that were made this patch.

raqib wrote:
as i see it, the point of this mod is to try different builds, explore what's viable or not. instead of that, you just want to complain about what is not viable anymore. where is your gamer pride?

Sadly, more and more builds are becoming unplayable. The Oak nerf is another major fuck you to builds that are on the brink of playability. Let's add another 10 to that list of 16, yeah?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 pm 

i have a blessed hammer paladin, and he's great at trash clearing so i have no idea what you're talking about. I've beaten baal's bosses, although that was with a healer in game. it just takes time.

ww barb? take a look at prescot's, it seems pretty damn good running and clearing all the way to azmo/belial.

frenzy barb? i have one too. can't do tundra for shit but he's great one on one. more of a pvm build now but he does well against ancients.

try a d-tail sin and lemme know how it goes.

you want amazing builds? tough luck because when i started people told me this mod isn't about amazing builds, it's about team play.

you keep comparing to last patch, last patch was fucking last patch. adapt to the new parameters. and if it was so drastic, it will be easy to change. we have all the files. if not, ask rage for them and he'll give them to you. oh wait, you can't? sorry to hear that.

the only reason i haven't been contributing a lot because I have more stuff to take care of in real life. this is my downtime hobby. but sure, i'll edit the files and send them to you when i'm done. so stop being a prick and looking down on new people.

Abominae wrote:
raqib wrote:

Then you have no idea what last patch was and you have no comparison. If you'd know how unbalanced this mod now is compared to last patch, you'd be complaining too. Instead, you can take your completely skewed view and shit on us because you're playing all you know. It's understandable, but if you knew where we were coming from, you'd understand our position as well.
I understand when new kids get all huffy about the shitstorm on the forums, because well, they don't know any better. Nevermind the fact that all these "complaints" stem from making real suggestions that are ignored. What have you done to try and improve the mod lately?

raqib wrote:

Funny, because my biggest complaint about this patch is the incredible LACK of builds to try. If you've played last patch, you know that 10+ builds are no longer viable in Hell. Allow me to list to you builds that got brutalized in Hell this patch:

Summon Druid
Whirlwind Barbarian
Frenzy Barbarian
Concentrate Barbarian
War Cry Barbarian
Tornado Druid
Fury Druid
Maul Druid
Shock Wave Druid (well, they already sucked, but now are 110% terrible)
Zeal Paladin (phys)
Blessed Hammer Paladin
Smite Paladin
Blade Fury Assassin (phys)
Dragon Claw Assassin
Dragon Talon Assassin

Funny, 16 builds you can no longer make viable as a damage build in Hell. But, I guess I can always build characters based around Oskill Fire/Cold mastery, that sure made some builds viable!

raqib wrote:

Mmm, the famous "U dun like HU? go bck2 Benettt" line. You have no idea what melee was like last patch. It wasn't a Poison Zon. It sure as hell wasn't an Fstorm Druid. It was a build that required at the very least a Necromancer to preform anywhere. It couldn't kill any trash (like Psn Zon / Fire Druid) and its only purpose was to do well on bosses.
Yes, 30% CB Smiters could dominate bosses with good Amp. They aren't as fast twinked Poison, and never were. And not every melee build was a twinked out Smiter (the best skill the in game for applying CB as it can't be blocked, increasing how much you apply CB by 2x on most bosses). Other melee builds dealt with block, less CB, and hit chance. They were solid, but they weren't amazing.

But do, keep going on like you know what you're talking about when you have no idea of what this mod was like last patch and the absolute drastic changes that were made this patch.

raqib wrote:

Sadly, more and more builds are becoming unplayable. The Oak nerf is another major fuck you to builds that are on the brink of playability. Let's add another 10 to that list of 16, yeah?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:03 pm 

This entire thread (except the long posts) made me laugh out loud. Would only be better if lee would say "Brue rack a diciprin"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:03 pm 

raqib wrote:
i have a blessed hammer paladin, and he's great at trash clearing so i have no idea what you're talking about. I've beaten baal's bosses, although that was with a healer in game. it just takes time.
95lvl din with a healer in 2ppl game took Andy within just 5min. Ofc it takes time.

Quote:
ww barb? take a look at prescot's, it seems pretty damn good running and clearing all the way to azmo/belial.
Pics? hard to take a look without pics. And he's saying otherwise btw.

Quote:
frenzy barb? i have one too. can't do tundra for shit but he's great one on one. more of a pvm build now but he does well against ancients.
one on one what? you did meph with him or just was boing things? ah he's great at standing in corner. And tanking ancients... Pics of your barbs ?

Quote:
I believe they did first baal HC with dtail sin.

Quote:
you want amazing builds? tough luck because when i started people told me this mod isn't about amazing builds, it's about team play.
Teams: Psn zons tanks, barbs run asap from bosses.

next response will be "every build has it's purpose in a team" IE barbs do only bo on boss fights.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 pm 

raqib wrote:

Hell Baal? On the new Hammerdins? This I have to see. What did it take, 10-15 minutes?

raqib wrote:

I've played with tons of great WW barbs this ladder. They all suck, even though they've been geared to fuck and back.
I've played with someone who has a 100k Whirlwind. Go and ask Pious how useful his 100k whirlwind is this patch.

raqib wrote:

Great one on one? So you mean in boss fights? I doubt it, as its even worse than a Whirlwind barbarian. I doubt you've even done a real boss fight with the character.

raqib wrote:

Dragon Tail Sin was specifically NOT on my list because its still a great trash-killer. And I've played tons with a Dtail Sin, and they blow ass on bosses. 300k isn't shit once it's cut by super high physical resistance and then fire absorbs.

raqib wrote:

Never said I did. I'd just like to be able to play half the builds in the game and not just stand in a corner while doing so.
And you can play the "team play" mantra all day long, except there are builds that dominate HU and there always will be. Fire Storm Druid with Armageddon is the absolute strongest build this mod has seen to date. It brings everything you could possible want to a party, and can kill every non-FI boss in the game with no problem. But no, this mod isn't about amazing builds, even though this patch introduced the most overpowered build into the mod.

raqib wrote:
the only reason i haven't been contributing a lot because I have more stuff to take care of in real life. this is my downtime hobby. but sure, i'll edit the files and send them to you when i'm done. so stop being a prick and looking down on new people.

Look, I was only a prick because you want to come in and shit all over us because you have no idea what you're talking about. None of us were rude to you before you came in and wanted to act all high and mighty. Don't go around claiming stupid shit and putting people down if you don't want the same sort of treatment.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 pm 

Also
Quote:
you keep comparing to last patch, last patch was fucking last patch. adapt to the new parameters. and if it was so drastic, it will be easy to change.
Sorry but you're new(not looking down on newbies but hell) so you may not know that this patch was supposed to be "community patch" not done by Soulmancer. He said small changes not to nerf too much. It ended with completely unbalanced game for some classes and most of them wasn't even intended - like not knowing about ele abs on bosses, higher than 100 phys res, and many other minor mistakes that ppl are complaining about now - so please don't say "adapt to the new parameters" as they're clearly bugs, mistakes and they should be fixed. We proposed few weeks after reset how to fix the major with lowering phys res. But Blue said "let's give this patch 6months and see how things will turn on" So here we be after 6 months. Pls don't be too cocky with "if not, ask rage for them and he'll give them to you. oh wait, you can't? sorry to hear that." As we tried to do that but Privilege of doing changes has Blue.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:29 pm 

Steel wrote:
Sorry but you're new(not looking down on newbies but hell) so you may not know that this patch was supposed to be "community patch" not done by Soulmancer. He said small changes not to nerf too much. It ended with completely unbalanced game for some classes and most of them wasn't even intended - like not knowing about ele abs on bosses, higher than 100 phys res, and many other minor mistakes that ppl are complaining about now - so please don't say "adapt to the new parameters" as they're clearly bugs, mistakes and they should be fixed. We proposed few weeks after reset how to fix the major with lowering phys res. But Blue said "let's give this patch 6months and see how things will turn on" So here we be after 6 months. Pls don't be too cocky with "if not, ask rage for them and he'll give them to you. oh wait, you can't? sorry to hear that." As we tried to do that but Privilege of doing changes has Blue.

I thought Soulmancer still had to "OK" the changes for the current patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:43 pm 

viewtopic.php?p=23687#p23687
viewtopic.php?p=25001#p25001
He did bcos he didn't want to mod HU anymore. He said that a year or more ago. His priority is upcoming torchlight 2 which I'm looking forward to too, it will come sooner than this patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:36 pm 

Abominae wrote:

Not suck just completely worthless outside of standing in front of dps :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:37 pm 

Raqib has officially fallen under the same category as PmP. The more and more you noobs stop posting your ill experienced babble on these forums the more we can get accomplished. Just imagine where we'd be if we had been taking the advice of Raqib and PmP. Rofl

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:42 pm 

LockDown wrote:

Yeah, I know :/
At least 40k Impale looks pretty on the display screen!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:00 pm 

Abominae wrote:
LockDown wrote:

Yeah, I know :/
At least 40k Impale looks pretty on the display screen!

Big numbers are the only thing that console me when I make useless crap like Heimdall and Valerie :cry:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:21 pm 

I suppose id like to add my 2 cents to this topic.

Me and couple buddies just returned after about a year hiatus from this mod. (WoW, real life.. You know :) ) We have played this mod off and on since the days when there was no portal to Shenk. You could just tele to a spot where he couldn't reach and if you had enough absorb could just blast him down and power yourself to max level easy. Or the days you could be a 2h curse immune bad ass druid. While those days are long and gone and those overpowered characters are now replaced with others. Im currently leveling through hardcore wondering what in the world this mod is supposed to encourage. Ive read party play, Ive read strategy (similar to raiding), but Im actually not seeing it with new HU patch.

The fights are scaled too easily for several classes. The party play isnt there like it once was. The overall gameplay actually took several steps back from the original days of portal less shenk. All the work terry and co. did to balance their beloved HU (and mine as well) has been undone is 1 singular patch. Its blasphemy to me that several of the core ideas implemented have either been removed/toned too significant either way/ or ignored.

Frankly I once left HU to play Trevors Aftermath mod searching for balances and a challenge. While he was successful in several areas, it just didn't keep my attention like HU always has. And while some may read this as a complain or a whine, that is not my intention. My intent is to simply replace this patch server wide with Terry's.

Honestly Blue you are just being stubborn and pigheaded. There was a day I actually remember you, yourself asking for help from the more "experienced" Hell Unleashed players. If you cant accept that your version of HU wasnt better than Terry's perhaps its time to hand the reigns to another Modder?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:35 pm 

Lee wrote:
Raqib has officially fallen under the same category as PmP. The more and more you noobs stop posting your ill experienced babble on these forums the more we can get accomplished. Just imagine where we'd be if we had been taking the advice of Raqib and PmP. Rofl

c'mon lee ! adapt to the new parameters !
that was last patch !
melee just sucks and thats all there is to it !
and hammerdins are the new trash build !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:24 pm 

Trolololololololololol Who will be Our Savior ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:03 am 

Kind of upset I spent the past 10 minutes reading through half of the babble

Lifes what you make it, so make it how you want to live it, if your life isnt what you wanted, then maybe you should change it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:31 pm 

Man we all fucked up and we all as a hole need to learn from are mistakes.. Now this patch Isn't just Blues mistake its all of ours... Now we all need to stand up as the group and start over.. Lets back off on all the negative and get possitive and make HU shine.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:58 pm 

dont try to shift the blame just because you feel guilty

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:42 pm 

I'm not shifting blame no ware wtf... Get a clue man

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:23 pm 

raqib wrote:

Sadly i was put in here. U partialy fooled few ppl saying that. I'm not clearing way to a/b with barb, actualy i dont kill single monster, i use 16k hp barb with massive pdr/mdr to WW and leap thru ancients way and frozen citadel straight to open TP. It is actualy that good at it cos i messed up build, i cant hit almoast anything at hell, but even with this u saw me die one shot with IM on me. I never say my barb is usefull to anything else than opening tp's cos i cant kill shit with it ...

I dont care what blue does, he does not listen to anyone anymore, i'm thinking about leaving HU, and stop hosting if nothing is done about how he interract with community. Cos of his dumb changes last patch i cant play anymore my 2 favourite builds, and making psn chars over and over isnt way i want to play D2.

Lee wrote:
You can't even spell properly....

Is this bout me?? Even if it is not, i know i make many mistakes in my posts, and i'm sorry bout that :D

Last edited by Prescot on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm 

You can't even spell properly....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:24 pm 

my bad, didn't mean to bring you into it. i just got angry and wasn't thinking straight. i apologize for the heated argument that i brought on, i'm just fed up with a couple of stuff.

The point I was trying to make is that barbs can be overly powerful or freaking useless bo-tank (as it is now). I stand by what I said before that there has to be a trial and error thing to fix the barb. I really wish i had played soulmancer's mod right now to see how he balanced it. and IM rapes no matter how one looks at it - it's just too powerful a spell against phys characters.

Prescot wrote:
raqib wrote:

Sadly i was put in here. U partialy fooled few ppl saying that. I'm not clearing way to a/b with barb, actualy i dont kill single monster, i use 16k hp barb with massive pdr/mdr to WW and leap thru ancients way and frozen citadel straight to open TP. It is actualy that good at it cos i messed up build, i cant hit almoast anything at hell, but even with this u saw me die one shot with IM on me. I never say my barb is usefull to anything else than opening tp's cos i cant kill shit with it ...

I dont care what blue does, he does not listen to anyone anymore, i'm thinking about leaving HU, and stop hosting if nothing is done about how he interract with community. Cos of his dumb changes last patch i cant play anymore my 2 favourite builds, and making psn chars over and over isnt way i want to play D2.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:33 pm 

raqib wrote:

I don't think Blue negotiates with terrorists. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:59 pm 

Trafalgar wrote:
raqib wrote:

Ah that was not me lol that was prescot. I think I accidentally erased a command line

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:47 am 

Trafalgar wrote:
raqib wrote:

I'm not a terorist and everyone knows that. I voluntiered to be a host cos i wanted to make HU better, and more stable to play from EU. Now it is pointless cos Blue is destroying HU right now so my mission is over ;/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:26 am 

all I can say about all this is... I TOLD YOU SO

I knew all along that this shit would happen.

so fucking ridiculous how much a failure this was. Bring back the last patch, stop whacking off to such an old game.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:01 pm 

Rasta is back? lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:05 am 

Poor Blue, cyber bullying is not a joke. My sister was cyber raped on IRC when she was 14, I can relate. Anyway I heard Blue will be releasing the patch July 17th, at midnight, after the premiere of "cyberbu//y", an ABC family original movie.

The film follows blue_myriddn, a middle aged man who must work on the 1.3 HU patch. Blue is excited by the independence of working on the patch without Soulmancer always watching him. However, Blue soon finds himself the victim of cyber-bullying while visiting the HU forums. He becomes afraid to face his friends, including his best friend Rasta, and is pushed to a breaking point. Blue's wife learns of the incident and forbids him to finish his work, citing he has become depressed and when they make love he just lies there. Blue is forced to choose between releasing his work for a community that constantly bullies and berates him, or to try and rekindle the passion of a broken marriage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:31 am 

drrod wrote:
Poor Blue, cyber bullying is not a joke. My sister was cyber raped on IRC when she was 14, I can relate. Anyway I heard Blue will be releasing the patch July 17th, at midnight, after the premiere of "cyberbu//y", an ABC family original movie.

The film follows blue_myriddn, a middle aged man who must work on the 1.3 HU patch. Blue is excited by the independence of working on the patch without Soulmancer always watching him. However, Blue soon finds himself the victim of cyber-bullying while visiting the HU forums. He becomes afraid to face his friends, including his best friend Rasta, and is pushed to a breaking point. Blue's wife learns of the incident and forbids him to finish his work, citing he has become depressed and when they make love he just lies there. Blue is forced to choose between releasing his work for a community that constantly bullies and berates him, or to try and rekindle the passion of a broken marriage.

Hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaha
Laughed my ass off reading this :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:34 am 

drrod wrote:

Why does this have to be to long to sig?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 am 

I lol'd.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:27 pm 

LOL I laughed so hard reading this last night told everyone in game brb crying.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:40 pm 

cyber bullies will soon be placed on the FBI Cyber most wanted list along with people downloaded songs and movies that make stars un able to afford personal 747 jets. and i assume, seeing that lee is north korean, he will be most wanted #1.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:42 pm 

Imp is a wigger. I stopped reading after that. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:47 pm 

sure you did buddy ;) you cant stay off this forum.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:10 pm 

Kinda like u can't post without my name in it huh? :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:46 pm 

well you are the most entertaining person on these forums... of course i want to include you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:58 pm 

meh lets all face the facts depise what rumors anyone has heard blue looks like he has picked up his ball and went home.Not like thats a big loss execpt where stuck with his patch until 1. soulmancer comes back and reset server to former version since he said he was done modding hu. 2. we come up with a solution which again will take soulmancer or blue at the least to implement or give some the ability to. but either way there is not a much of a bright at the end of the tunnel So i guess what im saying is play the mod the way it is or quit.
And ya myself i have pretty much quit imo the mod is dead slaughter by the last balance patch that got put in then left when it was found out it wasn't balanced. nother worthless post that no one will look at or give a crap brought to u by Clown

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:08 pm 

Lol @ cyber bullying. be careful though, BLUE's GONNA IGNORE YOU OH MAN

Honestly, I would just go back to the last Soulmancer patch as soon as possible, then just add anti-rush. People are so sick of this terrible balance, who cares if shit's too easy when you have godlike items and 20 skill gc's of 40 life, at least you can't go in normal and nightmare.

btw I didn't know blue was my freind, I'm glad i have more then 0 friends now, ty community, but please don't make my only friend kill himself from cyber bullying

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile