Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 pm

Post subject: New Project
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:41 pm 

Well Heimdall is currently shelfed to be remade after the patch for an extra 100 vita so I was thinking of something else to occupy my time. Then running Baal found a Devastator (still looking for an eth one) and decided a Impale zon is where it was gonna be at. Just posting some general theory crafting here for my benefit. So far Steel and I have come up with 2 different gear choices end game WITH SoulMancer set and sans SM Set.
Devastator
Crafted Zon Helm (15 Dex 15 Str emeralds n ames or stones)
2x Blood Zon Rings
Tyrael's (bloodstones or spheres)
3/20 Zon Gloves (with str)
Boots - Undecided (May go dancers for DR)
Belt- Leaning toward IMM Flesh atm.
Ammy - Maras or Steelgrid.

Will keep progress posted as to how it turns out both pre and post patch.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New Project
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:09 pm 

:-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:53 pm 

Act one:
Party of Poison Necro Fire Druid Barb
Tanked Andy well with a safety armor and helm. Impale is really slow and breaks the weapon a lot. But 800 top end at the end of A1 is really nice. Able to pot through Jab counters... only problem I have with Jab is it keeps going even if you kill the target you started on.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:31 pm 

A2 Done Solo'd most of it no problems Power Armor and Safety Helm pretty much meant I took no damage the whole way. Bloodthief was a monster weapon. Liking it so far. Also found the jewels to finish my Devastator.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm 

hey bro, good luck with ur zon. My spearzon just died :( had her geared pretty much the same as you listed, cept I was sporting COA (& Imm Flesh, S.Dancers). She fuckin kicked ass and 1 shotted pretty much any trash/mob. Fun as hell to play too. Will definitely remake next ladder

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 pm 

Already told you:
Nosferatu's coil as a belt. I have few amazon spears crafts you can use. 40-60lvl but I believe they're not as good as that 63uniq, still back in the days Diamonds in safety armor/blood craft helm and I soloed Diablo. Lost interest in lvling her out of reasons. Need a party I guess.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:04 pm 

She's fun ^^ I finished the Dev off with

20 IAS 20 ED 11 STR 38 Light Res
20 IAS 20 ED 12 Str 2 Max
23 ED 6 Max 3 Life Leech 4 Life Rep Jewels.

Holding onto a
20 IAS 50% Ed 9 Str 5 LL
20 IAS 49% ED 13 Str

Until I find another 20 ias 45+ ed jewel to resocket ^^

Planning on running Nos(maybe granite) Blood Stone Tyraels 45 STR 75 Dex Helm with FHR and +3 Skills. And a UBER sexy ring Steel crafted 1 Ama 8 ML 288 AR 21 STR 15 DEX level 12 Frozen Armor.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 pm 

wow hey steel wanna come craft for me? u got some HC chars now right? lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:02 am 

LockDown wrote:
Well Heimdall is currently shelfed to be remade after the patch for an extra 100 vita so I was thinking of something else to occupy my time. Then running Baal found a Devastator (still looking for an eth one) and decided a Impale zon is where it was gonna be at. Just posting some general theory crafting here for my benefit. So far Steel and I have come up with 2 different gear choices end game WITH SoulMancer set and sans SM Set.
Devastator
Crafted Zon Helm (15 Dex 15 Str emeralds n ames or stones)
2x Blood Zon Rings
Tyrael's (bloodstones or spheres)
3/20 Zon Gloves (with str)
Boots - Undecided (May go dancers for DR)
Belt- Leaning toward IMM Flesh atm.
Ammy - Maras or Steelgrid.

Will keep progress posted as to how it turns out both pre and post patch.

I tried a Impale/Fend build a while back. Noticed a few things.

The first of which, being that defense probably isn't too useful. When you Impale, your defense drops down to 0. And then, as was pointed out to me on the forums, a 2H spear = 0% CTB. 5% chance to be hit is cool and all, but a 75% CTB is fucking boss. Makes that shit like 1.25% (I know FBR comes in and shit, but fuck it.)

Anyways. The Damage on Impale seemed to be real nice. However, I was torn between Valkyrie VS Decoy. Obviously now with this patch, and the shitting on of Decoys, it's probably gogogogogogo Valk. Not 100% though.

Definitely want to see this character if you get it done. I stopped mine at about level 60, but it was capable it seemed. I've been debating making a Disease Spray zon, focusing on the Devastator aswell (Using mainly caster gear, like a general Plague Zon). May want to look into that, if it seems better.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:19 am 

I'm going valk all the way anyway with the rest probably being dumped into strategy the only problem is how decoy buffs valk with life per point. Dev is just such a nice weapon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:17 am 

valk is the shit man! mine tanked awesomely for me, and I would still use decoy all the time too (which is still nice with 1 point and max valk). I was pumping points into perfection/strategy toward the end, so the valk was just sic. Was considering to put a couple points into decoy too, but decided to go passives.

and I gotta completely disagree with Ish on the defense... with no block, and just a so-so life bulb, defense is your best friend. You never want to use impale when in a big mob anyways... you have fend for that. When there's only one big monster left, taking his hits every time with 0 defense while u impale him is np. Zero defense in a big mob means u take way too much dmg. And running into a huge mob and fending the fuck out of everything is where all the fun is! :D

I liked my a5 merc on mine. The aggressive AI is exactly what I wanted on her, plus the valk ai seems kinda like the a2 merc so it's a nice little posse to run with solo and farm tundra or whatever

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:20 pm 

Leaning toward an A3 merc with Victory depending on the patches time the level 20 might seems nice and a trash clearer would help more so then anything else.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:34 pm 

iso screenshots

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 pm 

Inv and Char Screen
No BO no substantial charms(mostly 8-13 life and a few 4 all res in inv) could probably hit max res but at this point it isn't needed only thing that really hurts me is boss counters atm. I could probably leech through Juggs if I xfer'd over 4-5 Diamonds for gear but a2 Nightmare has been relatively easy outside of Jugg shitting on me.

Gear ATM : Shaft Diamond Star Saracens 2x Blood Zon Rings 3/20 Passive 18 STR Gloves Goblin Toe Gloom Mesh.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:54 pm 

is impale the same attack speed and animation, or was it changed to be a bit quicker?

Do you think she would be playable if she was not twinked?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm 

It's very playable untwinked it just wouldn't be as effective as I am as I'm soloing everythign I'm doing. Impale is slow as hell but I use fend and jab against a lot of enemies Impale is rarely used except against champs and uniques.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 pm 

In Act 3 Nightmare super twinked. Ran A2 Nightmare with Steel and his Fury... we couldn't touch nightmare Duriel... tank it all day ya... damage him no. A3 has been super easy... except a stone skin council member just stoned us (the cold one) worse part was super blizz stacking by him even when he was amped lol. May have to actually get a DEV and fill it with Spheres for phys immune stone skin monsters.

Update now in A1 hell. No Nm Izzy or Anya done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 am 

im curious , would concentration aura and perfection stack (chance uninteruptible) ??
if so then it would be more than 100% to swing without getting swung at.. interesting :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:05 pm 

Kannli wrote:
im curious , would concentration aura and perfection stack (chance uninteruptible) ??
if so then it would be more than 100% to swing without getting swung at.. interesting :)

I'm not sure I could always roll a vengence for my merc and check it out. Seeing as I already have fant from Dev could have an A2 with that and his Might for all 3 Auras.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:13 pm 

You know whats hard to forget? I Witnessed Valerie taking Heimdall(level 95 pally) in his tank boots and defiance to ~25% hp with one impale. Sure it took years to hit, but man that is some nice damage tehre :P

Also, Valerie seen to have some ridiculous high survvability as well, i cant wait to see her rocking the end game gear and thrusting that devastator into people at the amaing one attack every 15 seconds impale seens to pull off. Still, 15k damage at level 60.

keep up the good work, lockdown.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:39 pm 

Slowly but surely I'm rocking this useless build because I do dat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:23 pm 

A quick screenshot update and I must say I've become completely disillusioned by melee this patch. The lack of res on melee gear coupled with the impossibility of even hitting a boss and doing something useful like tanking it (act bosses not sub) have left me experiencing the complete uselessness that is melee. Of course 95 will solve a lot of problems res wise (Anni Tyraels Dev) It's impossible to find a good source of res for 2 handers outside of endgame items and charms (and I'm using almost 50% res all in charms even more for lightning and cold close to 87-89%).

Steel and I did kill Hatestorm in Hell with 2 melees tho(thanks to his Decrep procs) so that has to count for something I suppose. We ran through council like a joke. I can clear all the trash in the world though if I can leech it (undeads and random monsters cause problems with that). Everything will be fixed in 7 levels though and I'll become a pro tank once again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:38 pm 

if impale was a bit faster id reckon it would be more than decent dmg ?? 84k is huge

whats your jab ar and dmg ??
are you using eth rune in that spear ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:50 pm 

sorry for hijacking topic but finally made to 90(1)
Screen is with sorrow RW.
Treaver is by far better. It has 50% of its damage but you have higher ar thus you can use hlord, sorrow has only ignore def which works only for trash so it's not needed. Treaver has bigger range clearing a lot faster, sorrow is made in tmaul 2range. And ofc 3fpa vs 4fpa and 25res. My infentory is full of charms and I still have only fire/psn 75. Too bad enemies with auras in a5 have passive pierce and -10 res...
Quote:
Steel and I did kill Hatestorm in Hell with 2 melees tho(thanks to his Decrep procs) so that has to count for something I suppose. We ran through council like a joke. I can clear all the trash in the world though if I can leech it (undeads and random monsters cause problems with that).
Funny. Hatestorm was a real bitch compared to council. Even blizz stacker without dec (was using dracs so it was overriden) was killed 20x faster than general = 15secs. Ctc dec was from reaper's toll, nice wpn.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:12 pm 

Kannli wrote:
if impale was a bit faster id reckon it would be more than decent dmg ?? 84k is huge

whats your jab ar and dmg ??
are you using eth rune in that spear ?

Ya it's an Eth rune in there... Impale is WAY too slow to be used effectively outside of 3-4 monsters Zerk is usable because you can get decent IAS with zerk Impale not so much because 18 FPA is amazing :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:22 am 

:-)

Offline Profile