Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

Post subject: picking a dps
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:46 pm 

In a party that has a necro with maxed curses, a pally with conviction what would go best as a main dps source?
fire druid or wind druid?
ignoring the fact that zod runewords exist and will be nerfed and I dont have a zod and havent had one for several ladders.

so is it better to go with a fire druid? and if so is it really worth it to go 80/20 dmg/defensive skills?
or a wind druid to take advantage of maxed amp have cold dmg as well?

what about the ele/melee builds?

likely be picking a druid cause of oak but any other dps ideas to take advantage of amp/lr/conviction id be interested in hearing.

edit

Last edited by Zikur on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: picking a dps
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:21 am 

prob windy cane for the con lr and nado for nado's

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 pm 

no inputs ? :(
are nado's still strong with phys dmg sucking? i will have maxed amp but will that be enough for hell bosses?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:27 am 
Game Server Host

Had two druids last season. Windy and fireclaw.

both did alright the windy will be better at trash in my opinion. I don't know how that would affect a firestorm druid build. Both were meaty because of oak ( now with the redux on dex on nigma might affect the windy a bit more as block will suffer) and had a lot of skill charms. Windy could cast cane and with infinity on merc could walk wsk2 hell last season.

as far as dps...it'd be hard telling the difference between the two builds between seasons with the changes. imagine the fclaw went un nerfed minus the skiller gc change. The windy got nerfed on dex from enigma as well as res redux on items as did f claw.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:57 am 

I'd go with rabies personally. Won't benefit from the conviction but poison is so strong it's the safest bet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 am 

I was planning on rabies already but for hell andy, maggot queen, spider, seal boss, and guardian I need something else. So I need, and should have specified, an alternative dps that is not poison. And unless melee comes back it is going to be ele, was hoping to do an ele druid do I don't need to multi box an oak bitch.

Open to non druid options too but I'd rather a fire druid over a meteor sorcerer. an efficient trash killer would be useful too but not entirely necessary.

edit : swype errors

Last edited by Zikur on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:50 am 
Game Server Host

kick sin can get over 150k dmg when charged.

trap sin fire or light. just got to 95 on my light sin and doing 14k dmg per charged bolt and it releases 10 of them and you can lay 5 of them. if you can lay at the feet of someone without counters. For bosses with counters light sentry is doing around 24k i think.

fire zon or jabzon?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:42 pm 

Trapsins rape trash pretty hard. I cleared Tundra in 8p in 8min. 2 Min more than Drrods Lf zon. I"m sure at 99 I could prob do in 7min maybe. Of course the AoE isn't comparable but.. Cb melts everythin pretty much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:57 pm 

light trapper?
i made a fire trapper for the first time this ladder and the speed for trash is impressive but for bosses inferno just spams counters. light trapper was something i was considering I just wasn't sure how the sentry performed, very useful feedback.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 am 

Got a lit trapper up to A4 nm, not best geared but workable.

What I found was charged bolt sentry was the most effective at removing boss life, only catch was to plant it point blank on the boss and gtfo to evade the counters.

Lightning sentry seemed like at 20% of the boss killing power of charged bolt sentry.

For your party I'd lean more to a ele druid. You are going to need a life buff between the 3 of you and oak is ok (max oak is gud yo!)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:10 am 

With LR and conviction a fire druid will simply drop any late game boss as effectively as a poison zon if you can eat the counters.

Windy has too many counters to deal with and the damage of hurricane alone is just pathetic without the runeword.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:56 am 

so as a fire druid, how can I get conviction? Act 2 merc with pole? (use act 3 merc atm)
and whats LR?(lol)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:14 am 

yes about the conviction thing, LR is Lower resist curse.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:22 am 

How about necro goes poison or bone, maxed LR and 1pt blade. Is there any reason you want a maxed amp? That will take care of any poison immunes you'd run into if you decided to roll rabies, or same shit if you're going fire on the druid.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:47 pm 

meteor >>>>> fire druid if ur not considering zon rw

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:15 pm 

maxed amp is mostly for thorns return which does well on some bosses/sub bosses plus ce and the ability to go for skeles for safety. I have considered a psn nec and if it was still a cloud I would contemplate going that route but balancing ar and survivability when i have to stab the bosses isnt ideal. rabies is rather tanky and i dont much care for the psn zon myself.
It's also nice to be able to max LR before lvl 60. not neccessary but it makes a large difference when pierce isnt as plentiful early and monster res is somewhat low to begin with.
If I had other party members it would be easier but since I multi box im going to have some support roles (summon curse necro)

Offline Profile