Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 am

Post subject: Solo version: need advices
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:02 pm 

Hi, I've been playing the solo version of Hell Unleashed for a couple of days now (mainly because I usually play when my friend's working) and I would need some advices because I'm currently stuck at a boss...

Ok so basically my character's an Amazon, specced in multi/strafe + passive skills + Valkyrie (for tanking) and with good damage and magic resist above 70%. With that said, first of all I've never been able to keep my mercs alive during boss fights even with very good gear with maxed-out magic resist. They just die after a couple of hits. Secondly, there were a couple of moments in the game (mainly Duriel and now Chimera) where I just couldn't handle the bosses due to their incredibly high magical damage despite my 75% magic resist and naturally very high defense.

I currently have no idea what to do to get past Chimera. Has anyone who played the solo version encountered that kind of problem? If so what kind of build/gear did you use? Would you recommend using a different character?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Solo version: need advices
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:45 am 

For starting characters, choose builds that max low level skills quickly. (You can farm to build the characters you really want if you use muling programs). Here you also have to worry about taking on resilient bosses at an early stage of the game, where gear choices are limited. Hopefully this will help to confine your choice without saying build this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:37 am 

I'd recommend playing on the realm if possible. This mod is based around team play, and the solo version does a poor job of adjusting into a single player game. You'll eventually run into immunities that will pretty much stop ya dead in your tracks. Not to mention zon's having low life and you will be without life buffs until at the very least mid nightmare. If you think Duriel and Chimera are doing good damage wait until Darkness or Ancients one shots you easily.

If you still want to continue your play through, definitely get some points into decoy ASAP. Your biggest challenge as a bowzon will be a reliable tank, and luckily for you decoy is arguably the best one. Work on getting a CTC amp bow on switch, or another source of physical pierce such a Steel Spell's decrep charges.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 am 

Thanks for the advices. I might go back to the multiplayer version because my main problem isn't really how much damage I do but instead the fact that the bosses kill my "decoys/mercs" too fast, making them hard to kill before they jump on me.

It was a good challenge up to that point, but yeah the mod is definitely made with teamplay in mind.

To be honest I haven't even considered facing a physical immune boss! That must suck.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:45 pm 

bleako wrote:
Thanks for the advices. I might go back to the multiplayer version because my main problem isn't really how much damage I do but instead the fact that the bosses kill my "decoys/mercs" too fast, making them hard to kill before they jump on me.

It was a good challenge up to that point, but yeah the mod is definitely made with teamplay in mind.

To be honest I haven't even considered facing a physical immune boss! That must suck.

yea this is a main reason a bunch of people quit, you should consider finding a better mod too, this used to be a good mod when soulmancer was here but now it's shit

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile