Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Post subject: Pois Sorb + replenish rates Test
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:27 am 
Game Server Host

Changes to Txts:
ItemStatCost.txt - added "item_absorbpois_percent" (ID 362)
ItemStatCost.txt - added "passive_phys_pierce" (ID 361)
Properties.txt - added "abs-pois%"
Properties.txt - added "pierce-phys"
Unique Items.txt - replaced "res-pois-len" with "abs-pois%" on all boss charms

Changes to dll's:
D2Game.dll - Hex Offset = 10F0A0 - changed FF FF FF FF to 69 01 00 00 (phys pierce stat ID In hexidecimal(reversed))
D2Game.dll - Hex Offset = 10f200 - changed FF FF FF FF to 6A 01 00 00 (pois absorb stat ID in hexidecimal (reversed))
Replenish rate:
D2Game.dll - Hex Offset - 1A412 - Changed 7D (125 frames) to 19 (25 frames)
D2Game.dll - Hex Offset - 1A418 - Changed 7D (125 frames) to 19 (25 frames)

Note: Phys pierce added purely so it's there as an option for later patches. It dosen't have to be added for players. If it ever is, it will require a string for the stat.

Attatchment Includes:
1x data folder
1x D2Game.Test.dll
1x Switch to Test.bat
1x Uninstall Test.bat

To install, extract to your HU folder and run Switch to Test.bat. This will install the test dll without overwriting your original one. To return to normal HU dll, simply run Uninstall Test.bat.

Make sure you run with the -direct -txt switch as it required the edited text to function propperly.

Happy testing :)

Attachments:
HU Posi absorb + replenish.rar [925.35 KiB]
Downloaded 558 times

Last edited by PureRage-DoD on Mon May 09, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Pois Sorb Test
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:56 am 

Quote:
Unique Items.txt - replaced "res-pois-len" with "abs-pois%" on all boss charms
? HM. Isn't -psn res linked to psn length as well? Personally I'd leave psn length for them or remove link from data table. Psn chars would have to hit even less this time but with less damage. Dunno.

Anyway. I think I'll have to look on these psn chars screenshot and do singleplayer char. We can host games on openbnet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:40 am 
Game Server Host

forgot about that but i think removing the link from the data table would be a good idea. That or adding a new stat for it...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:28 pm 

eh i keep gettin an error when i try to load my char with the files in. cant seem to figure it out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:50 pm 
Game Server Host

hmm, odd it's working for me, did you delete all .bin files from data/global/excel and run Switch to Test.bat?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:52 pm 

i completely removed the original data folder and replaced it with the one you uploaded.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:54 pm 
Game Server Host

whats the error message? I tried switching to old dll's with new txts and old txts with new dll's but cant get an error.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:56 pm 

d2 tables - lemme check for sure gotta re-extract everything

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:16 pm 

i did 2 tests -the character is a poison zon as follows:

182k psn dmg
96% psn pierce

first test was without the modified file - took 2 mins to kill hell mephisto in a single-spawned game.

second test was with the modified file - took 3 mins to kill hell mephisto in a single-spawned game.

not sure if i made an error in the install or if the values are proper for the added absorb. would like to see someone else test it for further confirmation.

edit: same results after i re-tested both cases a few times. the results were the same- however i was told that the psn length reduction was removed from the act bosses and 40% poison absorb placed in itstead. all in all, my tests suggest that the absorb will make boss fights last 50% longer for psn chars.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:34 pm 

Pious - could you upload somewhere your poison zon, seems balanced, I'd change some things and test that tomorrow. 190k damage had Skyla with 95lvl gear, I'd aim more for 100k around this levels(probably would fail as it should).
If no I'll roll 95lvl zon with all uniques gear and see what happens. Maybe with poison nec - can't kick them all the time since last patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:48 pm 
Game Server Host

might be an idea to clear all the mondensity columns from levels.txt for testing. I didn't think to do it before i uploaded

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:48 am 

If a boss that takes 2 minutes would then take 3 minutes, does that mean that bosses(I'm talking hell baal/baal minons/sammy/etc) that take 10 seconds are now going to take 15 seconds?

Not really a solution, seeing as I'm in no danger of dying because decoy is invincible, especially with tertiary target summons like blades or wolves.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:26 am 

Angel wrote:
If a boss that takes 2 minutes would then take 3 minutes, does that mean that bosses(I'm talking hell baal/baal minons/sammy/etc) that take 10 seconds are now going to take 15 seconds?

Not really a solution, seeing as I'm in no danger of dying because decoy is invincible, especially with tertiary target summons like blades or wolves.

indeed this is correct. after considering the issue more closely the only thing this change will do is hurt untwinked chars a lot more and do little to twinked chars. on a side note the decoy does need a meganerf or be entirely removed. though since this is a server-side only patch the scope of change may be limited.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:17 pm 

The bigger picture is simple, poison zons and a myriad of other builds(meteor, not sure on blaze though), really don't do spectacular damage even while twinked decently until they start getting into hell and the late 92-99 items and equipment.

Once you get a fully geared zon it just wrecks face, but I feel as though the damage is fine how it is, it's the zon's survivability that needs to be nerfed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:44 pm 

Bullshit, 98k psn zon (mine) @ 91lvl killed Diablo for 2nd time this ladder without dying while other chars were just standing there. I never used a decoy, you don't stand there and watch. throw and run, damage untwinked is so high that makes other build look weak - I know we're here get used to easy boss fights but back then where mod was still being developed main purpose of this was boss fights. Fights. Remove all abs from norm/nm bosses, let hell ones be a real challenge. Noone said getting to hell tundra should be easy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:58 pm 

Because decoy doesn't work on diablo? He doesn't have leap like duriel, or retarded imba movespeed like mephisto, or summons that pop up around you and a plethora of spells that hit you from long range.

Try killing achmel without casting decoy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:23 pm 

you're right about this whole decoy thing, just like blades it should be nerfed. But now we're taking about balancing psn damage. For now -psn res reduce %PLR on bosses and psn res - you kill 2 birds with one stone - while other charsmust deal with 40% abs. Mag and lightning abs is too high but hell, Throw once per 8 secs and say damage should be just as other elements? You choose safe path of 1 hit per 8 sec with low damage or the highest hit rare(and all counters) with better damage? Let it hurt not twinked chars. Not having to hit 4 times per sec to actually do any damage is a small price.
BTW. http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9305/hih.jpg that needs to be addressed - SOMEHOW, too. In case someone doesn't see - yes, he's green aka getting hurt by psn. I've killed A and B with Samhain all of them Fi with fire druid(don't have screenies). Also FI nihl is getting killed by meteo. My theory is - Soulmancer edited how much %res each enchant gives but only in one place(dll). That way we have listened immune but in fact 95% fire res mob. Is there anyone familar with maphack? I've seen few screenies with all res listened under mob hp bar but I couldn't set it when I used it back then while testing phys melee. It could help.
Edit:Asmodeus has 75%psn res, Nihl 75% fire. I remember when Nihl spawned with just Fire ench he was hurt with fire but when he had FI and mana burn/magic res he was completely immune.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:25 pm 
Game Server Host

i had that in the past with glasya spawning pi in hell, i still killed her easily with smite though. edits in d2game without doing d2client would cause it, nice thinking, i didn't have any ideas about that

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:16 pm 

Yeah I've seen PIs getting killed in a few seconds to poison attacks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:33 am 

Pious wrote:
on a side note the decoy does need a meganerf or be entirely removed.

Here is the plan for Decoy: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3766

Is psn absorb working? Or does it need more testing?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:12 am 

Ran some basic tests
Image well gear was almost perf but only 304k dmg. over 8.7 secs.
Hatestorm with density set to 10 on all monsters - only few champs and his minions were in whole game
No poison absorb - 1 javelin took 75% of his HP, 2nd killed almost instantly, checked few times.
Poison abs - He died from 3 full javelins, Tested few times, 1 jav was taking 40% hp at most.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:51 am 

ok - how about some norm bosses, with lesser gear?
just want to be sure we aren't focusing only on end game and missing some bug introduction early/mid game.

Is it screwing with life regeneration? Any other variables?
would like to be sure we are looking at this from several angles before introducing something very new and not just the most obvious.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 am 

I dont know if this has been mentioned already, but what about killing healers (like hierophants or seraphims) if this is introduced. It's already pretty difficult unless you are twinked. Just wanted to throw it out there and see what people think.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:07 am 

Darwins_Bane wrote:
I dont know if this has been mentioned already, but what about killing healers (like hierophants or seraphims) if this is introduced. It's already pretty difficult unless you are twinked. Just wanted to throw it out there and see what people think.

This should only impact bosses as the psn asborb attribute would be applied via the unique charm that bosses have.

Can't hurt to test whether this change is impacting non-bosses though, then again I really don't know much about what this change COULD impact which is why I am a little nervous about introducing it without fairly significant testing.

So please d/l it and test it out Darwins.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:26 am 

http://imageshack.us/g/28/83834968.jpg/
40lvl, Broken heart jav with 3x flaw, heaven's garb, magefists, tarn, etlich, lenymo, 1 soj no boots
From left to right
1 - Stats !
2 - No psn abs, 1st hit
3 - No psn abs, 2nd hit
4 - Psn abs, 2nd hit
5 - Psn abs, 1st hit

You can't introduce any bugs here, that's just to balace damage. Personally I'd add psn length reduced to Act bosses only. I'll run Meph or even Diablo later.
edit:link dead

Last edited by Steel on Fri May 27, 2011 3:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:35 am 

honestly, I don't like the idea of universal psn reduction - I feel it breaks from the flavor of the skill (slow dmg over a long period of time) and can be easily circumvented by simply hitting the monster repeatedly (only really a problem for psn strike necros)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Pois Sorb + replenish rates Test
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:53 pm 
Game Server Host

Updated with replenish rates increased caps increased to 1 per second (ty steel for the locations)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:19 pm 

Thunderstrokes - repquant on it is 25 aka 2500/25 = 100 frames. And in fact you're getting 1 quant per 4 secs. I bought a normal javelin and threw some. It goes 1 per 1 sec - because these were set to 100 = 25 frames
Gimmershred has repquant 30. To really use this feature you'll need to do RWs in wpns - melody, harmony, faith etc.
Can range of throwing axes can be changed serverside? It's like a half of a screen(to edges) only.
Well, I guess you can change rep quant on these items serverside, just need to find them again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:15 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Updated with replenish rates increased caps increased to 1 per second (ty steel for the locations)

awesome! I'll try to get this going tonight

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:16 pm 

This is awesome, so I tried to test this on my double throw barb.
And I'd like to add that when you've installed this you cant return the replenish values to what they were.
After these tests I wanted to try how long it takes to throw away a set of weapons with 1 every 30 replenish, but you cant revert it back to what it was before.
I uninstalled the test and I even deleted it from my computer but the weapons still replenish at 1 every 4 seconds.
(not that I mind, I'm just saying...)

First set of weapons: Took 10 minutes to empty, though they were the slow weapons of my 2 sets that I use.

Second set of weapons: Took 9 minutes to empty, they are slightly faster then the first.

So for me after I've used up both sets of weapons the first set would have replenished about 150 of its entire stack. So while throwing both stacks that start at 500x2 quantity I actually threw 650x2 per set of weapons.

This is way better then it was before at least.

Gona see how long it takes for my ww barb to reduce his durability to 0 just to get something to compare to from a melee perspective.

EDIT: after 10 minutes of killing with my ww barb I'd lost 1/3 of the durability of my weapon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:02 pm 

Has this been thoroughly tested and ready for production? Psn absorb now works like other elemental absorb?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:05 pm 
Game Server Host

6 downloads... (one of them my own to make sure it was the right files)

I'd say personally that's not been thoroughly tested by a decent number of people. Don't think it's been tested with rabies, pois strike, pois nova, venom builds yet.
bunch of lazy...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:42 pm 

I'd try to test it on sp but dont you need some kind of hero editor for that? dont have a decent geared char to test the poison on...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:16 pm 
Game Server Host

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl ... 64&bih=681

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:16 pm 

awesome thanks man

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:51 am 

Not sure what the purpose of the test is.

1. make certain build unable to solo bosses?
....1.a) how about a lvl 60 killing normal andy? is that allowed? what is the cut-off?
....1.b) how about lower bosses? should they be solo-able by poison builds at the intended level or do the poison build need to be higher lvl? by how much?
2. require x amount of time to solo kill a boss? (how much?)
3. Just test to make sure it's working (i.e actually absorbing the correct amount)?

If the goal is to simply increase the time needed to kill a boss, It's no brainier that there will still be solo-ers. It'll just need more time and perhaps a cube of blue/red pots dropped beforehand (that's how I killed druiel with a lvl 45 boner and blades).

If the goal is to make act-end bosses un-soloable, well, then poison absorbs is only the start, there needs to be a look at the summons as well

for instance increase act end boss damage to summons by x3 or x4 what it is now, this should 'fix' powerful single summons like decoy/golem, and also lots of smaller summons like blades since most act-end bosses already have some form of elemental aoe attacks (except duriel..., his is kinda' small). Of course, nothing stopping blades being spammed, but that means it'll take 3 hours to kill the boss, by which time mana should have run out long time ago making this a non-issue. If it's a duo, there shouldn't be a issue with blades being spammed for tanking and another char doing the damage, rite ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:49 am 

hex wrote:
Not sure what the purpose of the test is.

To ensure psn absorb works like other elemental absorb. Simple bug checking.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:57 pm 

Here is a specific test that I would like to see someone perform to ensure that psn absorb is performing on par with other elements:

1. Pick a boss - any boss really - that you can remove roughly 50% of his HP with a single cast without the absorb change.

2. hit the same boss with the absorb change and let me know what % you are hitting now. (my guess is that it will be around 10%)

Screenshots and/or FRAPS is a good idea so that you can accurately measure. A simple method would be to screenshot the boss after you have hit him once w/o absorb and then screenshot him after you have hit him once with absorb. Then bring the two screenshots in to a photo editor and compare the lengths.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 am 

Tried the test, and I'm not sure I installed it correctly since there was no difference between the 2

Test subject: normal Hatestorm
Haked a nec and gave him some +7 all skills equip and 111 points to be spent in game.
Resulted was 23k-23k poison nova (lv 50 skills)

No -resist equip or LR used. Fired one nova and screenshotted the result. Waited 20 secs for boss to heal and did it again. Pasted into a paint to see only boss health bar

results are below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

maybe I tackled wrong boss ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:17 am 

nice graphic! disturbing results :(
You have the uniques.txt file from PureRage's change in your data folder? I've been using hatestorm as a test too and I see a reduction from psn jav so Hatestorm should be a decent test.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:21 am 

rename d2game.test.dll manually to d2game.dll making a copy first.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:33 am 

went back in and did this:

re-extracted the mod overwriting any existing stuff, and reinstalled the mod. Started diablo without -direct -txt
Ran Hatestorm, same result

Deleted existing D2Game.HU.dll and D2game.test.dll

Re-extracted the test files (overwrite any existing), opened a cmd prompt in the diablo II directory and ran "SwitchToTest.bat" from that cmd prompt, no errors were encountered in the copy/rename process.
Started D2 with -direct -txt
ran hatestorm again, no change from prev. results.

Ran "UninstallTest.bat" from the cmd prompt, no errors encountered. Ran D2 without -direct -txt, no change.

Maybe this boss doesn't have absorbs ?

I'll re-download the test files just to be sure

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:20 am 

there was nothing wrong with the install it seems.
Haked a amazon as per prev. mentioned procedure, ended up with 100k plague javelin. A ok difference observed:

Re-visited the nec and increased his skill lvls to 77 and 40k poison nova. A very small difference could be observed

EDIT:
Scratch that about the nec, went back in and hited with 3 poison novas instead of 1, here are the results:

it should be a bigger difference imo.

Edit 2:
btw, thers something screwy with the way skill dmg progresses

nec 15/20/20 hard points (counting from low lvl to high lvl skill), buffed to lvl slvl 68/77/77 yields 40k poison dmg on poison nova

Amazon, 20/12/10 hard points, buffed to 55/47/45 yields 106k dmg plague java

You can see from the first test pix I made the impact of ~45-ish slvl of nec vs 45-ish slvl on the amazon.

Nec barely takes 20% of hatestorm life, amazon takes ~75% of hatestorm life at comparable slvls. This is without any -resists too. if you factor in those, amazon gets into obscene ranges. And don't forget amazon can get benefit from nec LR

I found it equally easy to use both skills, javelin pierce makes it a point and clik affair same as nec but with the added benefit that javelin flies further than nec's nova and can "persist" in the air for extra lulz.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:05 am 

hex wrote:
it should be a bigger difference imo.

From a very unscientific approach, I have the same conclusion. I was expecting a much bigger impact with the absorbs. I am going to sit down when it is quiet and do some more thorough testing runs to really see, but my quick impression jives with yours that there isn't an 80% dmg drop. Given how everything else about psn is fuckn hard to calculate exactly, I suppose that absorbs shouldn't be different. Maybe it doesn't work well and that is why Blizzard scrapped it? dunno.

I do appreciate you working on it as well - nice to hear someone else having similar reports

hex wrote:
btw, thers something screwy with the way skill dmg progresses

This too I have noticed. There is a multiplier built in to skill progressions for zon psn skills - each tier gets boosted by 4x, which means that stacking on more skills really sets things sky rocketting. I need to double check that each tier is getting 4x and that there isn't a separate multiplier per tier - that would really suck.

All in all, this psn problem has been challenging.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:30 pm 

psn absorb as well as magic absorb are screwy. my guess is that the 40% dmg reduction works but the healing effect does not, so it only reduces the dmg by 40%.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:22 am 

My guess is that neighter work, and the test text files/dll only decrease duration a bit

or

absorb work 100% fine, but only for the first tik/frame of poison -> reason why there is a larger difference for amazon, large poison tiks -> visible effect

Scrapping poison absorbs in favor of skill rebalancing seems most feasible option at this time. And it comes with the added benefit of not screwing with venom builds.

Edit: a bit of googling reveals blizz released a 1.07/1.08 patch lidless wall with poison absorbs on it. Later, the poison absorb was scrapped. Eighter was overpowered or they couldn't make it work (I'm leaning twords not working)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:38 am 

Update, after some discussions With Steel, I redid some tests but sporting some healthy -poison res.

Results are baffling

If without -res, the test files did not show any difference in dmg done vs live version, plugging in some -res did show up.

The first 3 batch is live version, last 3 hatestorm batch is test version and smaller dmg inflicted can be visible.

Now, from my understanding
reduced poison length does not impact the individual poison ticks. Say poison length is 10 secs, ticking 10 times for 1k dmg each tick.->10k total for that hit

Reduced poison lenth by 50% means poison sticks on for 5 seconds, dealing 1k each tick. -> 5k dmg total in 5 secs

Now if absorbs come on top of that, each tick should not be 1k, but (for instance) 200 dmg each.-> 1k dmg total in 5 secs

Why does -resists factor into the live vs test files comparrison ? I can't grasp that...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:39 am 

-psn res reduce also reduced poison length. So if a monster have 50%RPL, -50%psn res from your items reduce it to 0. Abs is 40% always, can be 20% always. Try getting -60% more pierce, you'll see how Psn is OP vs other chars that actually have their ele absorbed.
Quote:
Now if absorbs come on top of that, each tick should not be 1k, but (for instance) 200 dmg each.-> 1k dmg total in 5 secs
Reduced poison length is no more in test files, instead there is a poison absorb. Having RPL + abs together would kill psn completely.
Quote:
Now, from my understanding
reduced poison length does not impact the individual poison ticks. Say poison length is 10 secs, ticking 10 times for 1k dmg each tick.->10k total for that hit
Psn is 1/256 bytes dmg. 1/25 frames. It does damage every frame.
http://blue.arimyth.com/Poisonmancer.html for example.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 am 

Steel wrote:
-psn res reduce also reduced poison length.

Ooooh..? didn't know that...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 am 

But remember only passive pierce(not from lower res curse) lowers it. You'll be amazed how -30% can double your damage. For example Hatestorm without pierce was poisoned for 4 secs of 7secs. When used just -36% pierce... well he died after 6 secs. Killing 2 birds with one stone.

Now you could remove that pierce link but that would be global for every mob.

Offline Profile