Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

Post subject: Starting up again, suggested character?
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:41 pm 

I played bear maul my first time around, finished the game minus shadow place (forget the name? lol) about a year ago i'd guess. Liked bear maul but was ultimately disappointed when end game was all about smite pallys tanking and also disliked how slow i ran tundras. I noticed there's been at least one patch since last i played and i figured id ask here before starting a character and being disappointed with end game..

ended up quitting because my comp broke and couldnt get the mod to work on my new one (x64 bit windows 7 was the culprit i imagine). ANYWAYS i've decided to be persistant and make it work this time.

Looking for a character that is less one dimensional than my bear mauler is, but not to the point of weakness (mediocre at everything good at nothing). Suggestions?

edit: thanks in advance, pumped to start playing again.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Starting up again, suggested character?
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 pm 

I wouldn't bother starting up again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:12 pm 

Angel wrote:
I wouldn't bother starting up again.

Least you're honest.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:26 pm 

Melee is unplayable.

The person in charge of balancing(from what I understand and see: blue) has a fucking I'm always right god complex. He also has no experience end game what-so-ever. His characters are all useless, seriously, he played up how good his barb was and does literally no damage to even trash named mobs. Bone prison tanked andy better than him, but he'll sit there and tell us barbs are good.

The game is far easier than last ladder, since at the very least, last ladder to be as strong as you do now you had to farm skillers. Now you just farm the bosses you farm anyways for items for shards.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:39 am 

oh... ahahah. Alright then, SC2 it is.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:53 pm 

honestly guys?

i'm upset that melee is unplayable too
but i went around it and found some other characters to be just as fun playing with

example:
dtail sin: she clears up to hell tundra very easily. useless against bosses
but still great to play if you're just looking to have fun
i have never played sin before until now and i really enjoy it

why not just find another build to play with?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:49 pm 

psn zon

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:53 am 

seriously, you should think about the now game and not the end game. If you like the game in general then you dont have to think super far ahead all the time.
Pick a class that you enjoy playing and then play the game!
If you suck balls against end game bosses then too bad, so does a lot of builds.
You can always make more chars...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:09 pm 

Pick a class you enjoy playing(zealer) and then realize once you get to a certain point you cannot play anymore and require someone else to do the game for you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:37 am 
Game Server Host

Angel wrote:
Pick a class you enjoy playing(zealer) and then realize once you get to a certain point you cannot play anymore and require someone else to do the game for you.

gtfo and stop moaning like an old woman. Not everyone wants to take the path of least resistance like you do. Try playing to have fun for once instead of playing to beat the game. If you play to beat the game then why even bother as there is ALWAYS cheesy ways to beat any d2 mod. HU included. No wonder you are so mad, your playing a game you don't even like. lol.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:11 am 

You're mistaking anger for a simple warning.

If you find it fun to get carried, then by all means play whatever you want and have fun begging people to come help you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:33 am 
Game Server Host

Maybe you needed to beg for help, maybe folks have begged you for help, don't mean everyone does though. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother. :roll: telling people who are asking for build advice not to bother playing isn't constructive, it's just being a little bitch and makes you look like a complete tit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:13 pm 

It is constructive, it's telling them to not bother because the game is in an awful state and the people who are meant to mend it are complete dickfaces like yourself.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:20 pm 

I would say pick a character that is fun for your play style and run with it. Once you find the limitations of your build and want to accomplish that, build another character for that purpose.

The main thing that has been broken recently is physical resistances on bosses, which is being fixed. So contrary to what people may tell you, you can build whatever char you want. Of course, many chars may be better at a certain task than you, but that's the way it goes. If you're jealous, build that character lol

I personally made a Double Thrower, WC baba, Auradin, Bone Necro, and a couple others and I enjoy playing all of them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:45 pm 

i have a zealer and he can pretty much take down everything up to baal minions in norm. i got bored so i didn't take it up even though i have the items for him to be a great tank and dmg dealer.

i also have a frenzy barb in hell and he can do nightmare bosses pretty well though it takes a long time. in hell he cant do andy but he does decent dmg to dury though he can't kill.

either way you need to play with other players to make it fun. if all you want is to have the highest dmg and beat everything thats what normal bnet is for.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 pm 

I'm here to be able to complete the game legit with a group of players without having to piggy back on someone else to get through it(like you will if you play any sort of melee).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:34 pm 

then make a caster and stfu, you dont have to discourage others from playing the game just because you dont like the way this game has turned out.

EDIT: the community is already really small, you dont have to make it smaller...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:52 pm 

i wouldn't say its piggy back -

each character has its own strengths for support - pally have numerous auras to use as support for team. barbs have bo, item find, blade of arreat, warcry. druids are lucky in that they can do hurricane and melee or fire and melee. i have a summon necro, tanks everything with skellies and death knight except bosses which i use blade which survive if u have enough fcr or bone prison/wall

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:21 pm 

Quote:
then make a caster and stfu, you dont have to discourage others from playing the game just because you dont like the way this game has turned out.

EDIT: the community is already really small, you dont have to make it smaller...

I can give my opinion, I'd rather someone told me how shitty the state of the game was before I started playing again.

Pretty sure I carried your ass yesterday, I suppose I won't make that mistake again.

Quote:
i wouldn't say its piggy back -

each character has its own strengths for support - pally have numerous auras to use as support for team. barbs have bo, item find, blade of arreat, warcry. druids are lucky in that they can do hurricane and melee or fire and melee. i have a summon necro, tanks everything with skellies and death knight except bosses which i use blade which survive if u have enough fcr or bone prison/wall

BO can be taken from CTA, oak from wisp, while they aren't as strong as the abilities from the actual classes they're more than enough to cover the health increase you need to beat the game with the exception of los.

Item find is taken from glory crest, blade is useless since it only applies to melee. Most auras are useless to any decently geared or prepared player.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:40 am 
Game Server Host

Angel wrote:
I'm here to be able to complete the game legit with a group of players without having to piggy back on someone else to get through it(like you will if you play any sort of melee).

thats up to you. stop telling people not to play though,its not big and its not clever. its actually kinda sad.

Ps.
Quote:
It is constructive, it's telling them to not bother because the game is in an awful state and the people who are meant to mend it are complete dickfaces like yourself.

I'm not being payed to do anything. I'm not required to do anything actually. If you want stuff to change, i suggest you adjust your attitude and stop being a cunt. maybe the people doing stuff will listen to you if you do.

as it stands, i'm not far off setting you to ignore and completely ignoring any suggestions you make. (yes im free to do that, I don't need to do anything, i can pick and choose what I spend time on. Maybe you can do it instead?)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:55 am 

Set me to ignore then, you act as though I honestly care that you would, then perhaps I won't have to deal with your dick up your ass elitist attitude. It's one thing to be an elitist and actually be skilled at what you're essentially forcing others away from, but I haven't seen nor heard anything from you that suggests you're skilled at this game. All of the characters are incomplete garbage or from previous seasons.

You even theorycraft current situations from past seasons when the game was entirely different.

I'm not telling them not to play, I cannot force them not to play, I'm suggesting they move on to something else since it should be all but obvious where and how this mod is headed when the people who are editing it are big time elitist pricks like Blue and yourself. It's odd, I haven't seen any good characters from either of you, so where do you get off trying to act like you're a big boss player?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 am 
Game Server Host

LOL, you do realise there is a whole world outside of HU right? Not everyone has the time to play every single season. I could grind my druid 5 more levels and get his shards etc. but it's boring as fuck. I'd rather not do endless tundra/wsk/ancients runs, i've done that plenty of times and it's boring.

Anyway, the only reason you are at the stage you are at it because everyone cried about the antirush so it was atered down to make it easier for noobs like you. Then rasta gave you his acc so you were able to twink yourself out. I actually played untwinked at the start of the patch and was the first one on hc into act 5 hell. (even after killing my necro in act 3 hell and having to rebuild again untwinked) Granted I stopped after that but making money comes before playing a game, and playing a game when pretty much everyone i enjoy playing with isn't is boring.

Apparently, the game was harder in past seasons (this is what you keep saying right?), so any build that worked well in past seasons, will perform amazingly well this season. You keep saying it's alot easier, so whats the problem with posting about old builds?

From what I've seen of your posts, you have no idea how stuff in this game works. You just build the fotm builds like some mindless babbling idiot and think you are awesome.

I suggest YOU move onto something else as you obviously don't enjoy the game as it is. You've had plenty of time to play and decide for yourself and you obviously hate it. People thinking about playing again haven't had a chance to play it and decide for themselves, but you still think its a good idea to tell them to go play something else (even when you aren't even following your own suggestions, what a fucking hypocrite)

Ps. I will set you to ignore, I'll also stop spending time on making changes, and clientside edits for public use. I'll just send em to people I like. You can enjoy it the way it is or you can find someone else to do the work. I'm sure as shit not gonna be putting any effort into stuff only to get a mouth full of abuse as thanks and have a little prick like you driving new folks away.

Good day.

Ps.
Quote:
then perhaps I won't have to deal with your dick up your ass elitist attitude

at least mine reaches ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:59 am 

My necro took literally 6 hours of playing over two days to go from 92 to 99. It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of how you do it. If you farm chaos sanctuary for 95s your chances of getting them are far less than if you do a baal run. Same goes for experience, carry pubs(like yourself) through 8man tundras.

Quote:
From what I've seen of your posts, you have no idea how stuff in this game works. You just build the fotm builds like some mindless babbling idiot and think you are awesome.

I build a bone necro(not fotm), it's now a fotm and everyone is building one. I run the fucking metagame brah.

Quote:
Anyway, the only reason you are at the stage you are at it because everyone cried about the antirush so it was atered down to make it easier for noobs like you. Then rasta gave you his acc so you were able to twink yourself out. I actually played untwinked at the start of the patch and was the first one on hc into act 5 hell. (even after killing my necro in act 3 hell and having to rebuild again untwinked) Granted I stopped after that but making money comes before playing a game, and playing a game when pretty much everyone i enjoy playing with isn't is boring.

I twinked out a bowazon when I was playing the game solo with rasta's account, then my friend came back to play with me and we legit 2-manned the entire game. Everything on my main character I've found or crafted, subsequent characters were obviously rushed or played through twinked, but this was due to the tediousness of having to solo or 2man the game because of the lack of players which you created with this abomination of a patch.

Just like a child to cover his ears and go nahnahnahhhhh when brought with legitimate arguments. Maybe people wouldn't be such dicks to you if you simply admit shit is wrong opposed to trying to sugarcoat the abysmal situation.

You bring it up all the time, acting like a big martyr about how you do all this awesome work for the mod that has only taken it in a worse direction and made it far easier than it was last patch. Last season at least required a considerable amount of time to be as godlike as my characters are due to having to farm skillers.

PS. Commenting on another man's dick makes you cool.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 am 
Game Server Host

Quote:
brah.
talk to me propperly or don't talk to me at all.

Quote:
Commenting on another man's dick makes you cool.

i was talking about mine. you are the one who was talking about my dick incase you didn't notice. lol, gg.

Quote:
You bring it up all the time, acting like a big martyr about how you do all this awesome work for the mod that has only taken it in a worse direction and made it far easier than it was last patch. Last season at least required a considerable amount of time to be as godlike as my characters are due to having to farm skillers.

didnt realise i removed skillers. thanks for clearing that up noob.

Quote:
Just like a child to cover his ears and go nahnahnahhhhh when brought with legitimate arguments. Maybe people wouldn't be such dicks to you if you simply admit shit is wrong opposed to trying to sugarcoat the abysmal situation.

if i thought it was fine i wouldn't be doing anything about it would I? gg noob

Quote:
subsequent characters were obviously rushed or played through twinked, but this was due to the tediousness of having to solo or 2man the game because of the lack of players which you created with this abomination of a patch.

because rushing solves the problem of having nobody to team with. gg noob, it sounds more like your shitty attitude is causing the problem. Maybe if you weren't telling people NOT TO PLAY, you would have folks to team with. gg noob

Quote:
I build a bone necro(not fotm), it's now a fotm and everyone is building one. I run the fucking metagame brah.

you built a bone necro after it came out they were OP. before folks found out mag pierce helped them (lol durr) they were "garbage". gg noob. get some imagination

Quote:
My necro took literally 6 hours of playing over two days to go from 92 to 99. It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of how you do it. If you farm chaos sanctuary for 95s your chances of getting them are far less than if you do a baal run.

awesome, sounds boring though. who the fuck farms CS for 95's? considering diablo is the only enemy there that can drop 95's it's not very productive. not sure why you brought up CS as nobody runs it anyway. gg noob

Quote:
Same goes for experience, carry pubs(like yourself) through 8man tundras.

i actually prefer filling a game with mules and running ancients way/citadel, more items for me and more exp. Cool story about carrying me though.
1: you don't play hc (get mad when you die?)
2: i've never played with you and would probs avoid t as you sound like you have the playsence of sasko and kasia and would probs just piss me off
3: i only play with folks who know what they are doing (and you don't)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:09 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
Ps. I will set you to ignore, I'll also stop spending time on making changes, and clientside edits for public use. I'll just send em to people I like. You can enjoy it the way it is or you can find someone else to do the work. I'm sure as shit not gonna be putting any effort into stuff only to get a mouth full of abuse as thanks and have a little prick like you driving new folks away.

I can totally relate to this attitude. The ignore feature is about the only thing that has kept me tinkering around.

Just pop Angel on that list (he's been on mine for a bit) and resist the urge to ever display one of his posts (always regret it when I do).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 am 
Game Server Host

i never display any posts by folks i'm ignoring. I know it'll be a waste of time, even if they are making a valid point, it's not my problem any more. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:09 pm 

i can have more client edits? I do enjoy them so.

Offline Profile