Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 am

Which one should host an HU game server ?
Prescot (Europe, Poland, better average ping than PureRage-DoD) 25%  25%  [ 10 ]
PmP (US Middle West, Michigan) 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Both 48%  48%  [ 19 ]
None 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 40
 Post subject: Adding new game hosts ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

Simple poll as you can see.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Adding new game hosts ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:22 pm 

DuFFBeeR wrote:
Simple poll as you can see.

Excuse my ignorance but who are these 2?

one has been a member since feb 13 2011
and the other since oct 2010

I fully support a new hosts and expecially for overseas but i think this one should definatly be thought through.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:59 pm 

I voted none. These people are relatively nobodies and should not be given such responsibility and power. It's way too easy to ruin the game for others as a host.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:04 pm 

LmT wrote:
I voted none. These people are relatively nobodies and should not be given such responsibility and power. It's way too easy to ruin the game for others as a host.

Agreed...

I voted "None"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:24 pm 

Quote:
It's way too easy to ruin the game for others as a host.
And they want to host to ruin the game for others... Just because you can ruin doesn't mean you will. You can drive your car into a crowd, driving license should be harder to obtain!

Voted Both.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 pm 

Steel wrote:
Quote:
And they want to host to ruin the game for others... Just because you can ruin doesn't mean you will. You can drive your car into a crowd, driving license should be harder to obtain!

Voted Both.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Driving a car into a crowd yields no rational reward. Your analogy does not present a solid argument/defense.

We need to be wary of giving people power. It can be abused for personal gain.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm 

LmT wrote:
Steel wrote:
Quote:

Voted Both.

You're comparing apples to oranges. Driving a car into a crowd yields no rational reward. Your analogy does not present a solid argument/defense.

We need to be wary of giving people power. It can be abused for personal gain.

Agreed...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:17 pm 
Game Server Host

LmT wrote:

To be fair, I wasn't exactly well known when I started to host. Duff recieves warnings when something isn't as it should be on a game server. I say give em a chance, and it'll be nice to have an EU host again since I stopped.

More hosts = less games on each server = less lag for everybody

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:38 pm 

Not sure why we have a choice of either eu or na. What do we need more eu or na, or do we need both? Shouldn't really be a poll.

If we can trust PR with a server we can trust anyone btw ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:59 pm 

Add new hosts.. ZeroLag was a huge disappointment. I know hosting is a free service but his two servers are the worst on the server by far. I think he should be taken down and replaced as soon as possible.. everyone avoids his server on SC and HC.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:36 am 

If you say so Lee. I for one like Zerolag servers better than any others(the 50 ping plays a big role!) Its stability problems are blown way out of proportion. I've had Duff's server drop/lockup/lag just as often as Zerolag.

I'd vote on another Europe server if Purerage can't run his. HU has a ton of Euro players and no real dedicated Euro server.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:11 am 

Voted both. Zerolag locks up, lags, and drops games far too frequently for me. To the point where I remake a dozen times just so I dont have to use it, it seems like 75% of games end up on it. If people are against trusting each other is there maybe a way we can donate for dedicated hosting controlled by someone high up? I know I would donate a lot if it meant playing on a stable lag free server.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:19 pm 

I voted for both.

I figure (and hoping) if more players take up HU next patch, it would be nice to always have 100% playability.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:42 pm 

voted MI, since im in MI

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Prescot has been added for now. Please report any issue with this server and/or his admin.

I wasn't known that much either when I got the entire realm hosting on my shoulders few years ago, so I give it a try even if he is not that known by the community.

Be aware that some mechanisms are currently in place to avoid troubles like the day Shelter fucked up the realm.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:02 pm 

I'm a part of this poll and i think i should write at least a few words. Fresh acc dont actualy mean i'm new to the community, just made acc late. Still, i know, for few old folks i'm the unknown guy who can "screw" their game up, at least I see it reading "their" posts. You dont know doesnt mean other dont know me, think about it and you will suddenly realize that Duff have a reason to trust me enough to pull my hosting on the list even before this pool. Also if he trusded me since he's not often online someone else high in communinty have to trust me, and i earned his trust. Also if you look more often into a blues website you should see i rewrite js menus, and currently working at some other tweaks so page run faster and mor smoothly. For my self i think i'm trustable enugh to run this ever since i have my own home server which runs 24/7. Normaly i would't applay to be a host(yuppi for haters), but zerolag server lag so bad and drop my games so often, and currently no euro host is damn frustrating so i talked to few ppl here talked do Duff, and become host for now. I wish all will run smoothly for now, and let ppl from Europe play easy and lag free. Anyway ppl which met me at realm know i dont play that often, i dont have amazing and wow boss killing chars, i just play for fun with bunch of friends.
Damn i was saying but few words and it is way too long. Thx for reading (If anyone did :P). See ya in realm :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:00 pm 
Game Server Host

Good to have a new Europe host. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:54 am 

dam ah well still good to have another , id ont know if one in mi would even help my ping etc

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:57 pm 

For what its worth imo more servers the better trust is not that big of of an issue really if you think about. I know ppl in the past have done some messsed up stuff for insane gear spawn but in the long run more servers less lines which we have have had alot of in this season and if we see things spawning wrong or to often its pretty simple to rid ourselves of that host if it is a problem with changed coding for self benifit or what ever reason.But im glad to see ppl offering ther bandwidth to help out wish i could also but mine is so crappy atm its an adds challenge of the already challenging mod. any way thats my 2 cents.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:49 pm 

Thanks Prescot! Lines have gotten pretty bad at times

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:56 am 

I think its awesome with new hosts, played on prescot's server last night and I had like 300 less ping on it then on any other server so....thanks man :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:34 am 

Would the whole thing on who is trusted or not be a thing of the past if Duff gets the option to make md5sums of some files on game hosts, whenever he wants to?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:24 am 

Thank to at least this few ppl who say simpl thx for my server and realized i give my own private computer and my own brandwith to help, insted of ppl saying all time: "who he is and what makes him better host than me, I'm king of world, gtfo prescot you'll rouining my plan to be a master" Cant undrestanding ppl complaining abut that i want to help. That's so bad ;/ But this few who said thanks here and ingame make my days better, i feel kinda happy to see at least some part of community feel my servers better than zerolag.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 pm 

Prescot wrote:
Thank to at least this few ppl who say simpl thx for my server and realized i give my own private computer and my own brandwith to help, insted of ppl saying all time: "who he is and what makes him better host than me, I'm king of world, gtfo prescot you'll rouining my plan to be a master" Cant undrestanding ppl complaining abut that i want to help. That's so bad ;/ But this few who said thanks here and ingame make my days better, i feel kinda happy to see at least some part of community feel my servers better than zerolag.

Lets get this straight.
Not once did anyone get jealous you were going to be/are now a host
Not once did anyone get jealous you were a choice
Not once did they boast saying they were king shit

The only person boasting and making a big deal over this is yourself.

The reason myself and a few other said we don`t support you or pmp is what has happened before. Duff/Mancer allowed "no bodies" to host and what happened, they abused it for their personal gain.

I believe the only thing we were saying is... Speak up.. get known.. be active.. etc. A new faster server is always better, I get that and appreciate that. But a new server at what cost?

Then for you to come out like everyone should bow down and kiss your feet in the only 2 recent posts i've seen is very childish. Understand and accept where we are coming from before you post.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:01 pm 

magoogle wrote:
Prescot wrote:

Lets get this straight.
Not once did anyone get jealous you were going to be/are now a host
Not once did anyone get jealous you were a choice
Not once did they boast saying they were king shit

The only person boasting and making a big deal over this is yourself.

The reason myself and a few other said we don`t support you or pmp is what has happened before. Duff/Mancer allowed "no bodies" to host and what happened, they abused it for their personal gain.

I believe the only thing we were saying is... Speak up.. get known.. be active.. etc. A new faster server is always better, I get that and appreciate that. But a new server at what cost?

Then for you to come out like everyone should bow down and kiss your feet in the only 2 recent posts i've seen is very childish. Understand and accept where we are coming from before you post.

Let's get this straight.
You look like you dont know what irony mean, i was just laughing how your(and other ppl) post looks like. No one asked where am i from, do Duff know me, do others know me, you just judged i dont know him so gtfo. Wiser would be to ask round od friends if anyone heared bout me. I wond wanna be famous and i dont wanna make noise around me, but have to say simple thx is kinda best revard comparing to ppl like you say "i dont know you so you 100% ruin this game." and still didnt even asked if anyone else knows anything bout me. I'm currently up for dunno 2 days or so, didnt even really care bout it, but meet a few ppl at realm who after joining me a game told me i'm shit my server is terrible cos it dropped their game, didnt even let me explain or something ... You magoogle thik its fair?? And yep i dropped ale games at dunno it was round 4 in the nigh european time, cos it's weekend and that mean my provider restart his server so i lost connection for like 1-2 min. It is normal evrywhere but when it was my server which dropped i was attacked into realm why i apply to be a host, i ruined their game etc etc ... It is kinda dissapointing there are still ppl like that in community. Mayby thats true i'm nobody but still, is trying to actualy help insted of writing "i dont know him" better?? Think bout it. I don't care if i'm host or no, currently i applied more to make my euro friends a favor and play at nolag servers, if i am nobody to that point write to duff he said he'll disconecct me if community will complain about me, and to be true i try to do a good thing but if no one want to let me do it i can drop off. I'm happy to be a host, and very happy i can finaly play with a few frends at lag free server, it's all what metters at the end.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:16 pm 

considering all other servers go down a little now and then people shouldnt complain...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
I'm currently up for dunno 2 days or so, didnt even really care bout it, but meet a few ppl at realm who after joining me a game told me i'm shit my server is terrible cos it dropped their game, didnt even let me explain or something ... You magoogle thik its fair??

get used to it. Unless the complaint comes in the envolope with the players monthly subscription fee, I woudn't worry about it ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:30 pm 

People are always gonna bitch about the servers. I find them perfectly fine. I get high ping on the newest server, but that's to be expected when its situated in Poland and I'm on the West Coast of USA. Even then, its still playable and I bet it runs great for those who live in Europe.

Games drop and lag happens on all the servers. People just like to get butthurt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:00 am 

I have to say, I was the one that said your server dropped a game I was in prescott and it was only brought up AFTER you bashed every other server for dropping games. You seemed entirely upset that I questioned why american friends were asking for help in an los they made on a polish server. Your server is fine, but you need to act more mature.

Offline Profile