Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

Post subject: LOS
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:49 pm 

Seeing as recently a SC group completed LOS, I would like to see about getting a group together to try on HC :)

SO who's down?!

though, I don't think my throw barb is viable for that sort of thing, but my WC barb would definitely be helpful and he can tank well.

I'm hoping some of you veterans may be able to give me a little advice for preparation since I've never been to LOS- any particular things you do beforehand besides stock up on juvs? Gear I will need? Character specs?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: LOS
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:59 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
particular things you do beforehand

1. write your will
2. bring a change of underwear

I think that LOS will be rather challenging on HC this season.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:06 pm 

lol thanks for the encouragement blue

but seriously, things like - how much dr%, mdr/dr, health, and absorb do you like to have?

I really want to try to prepare well and give it a whirl, since I'll likely die if I fail. It's my first ladder and I haven't even seen LOS in person so I will happily die trying :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 am 

Max %dr and health beyond 20k.
Seen chars with 35k life die in 2 secs at the antiheroes. Some of them can be tanked, but some will kill you way too fast for that (druid, necro and sometimes others).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:18 pm 

that sounds terrifying lol

talked to blinky about it last night too.. not sure I want to go anymore hahah

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:36 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
slappyNuts wrote:
particular things you do beforehand

1. write your will
2. bring a change of underwear

I think that LOS will be rather challenging on HC this season.

Why would LoS be anymore challenging this season than the last? The same exact strategies still work. The only thing that has changed is the type of damage you'll have to use to kill the heroes, which doesn't alter any working strategies. The real challenge about HC LoS is getting a team together that has done LoS before and has experience enough to know a couple working strategies.

Going into LoS with a green team and trying to wing it is going to result in a massacre, exactly the same as it was in previous versions. I'll be really surprised if LoS gets done at all this season on HC. Reason being none of the old timers are around. Pious group jumped ship, Kevin is off doing his own mod thing, and half my group went to SC due to lack of players. That leaves to my knowledge little to no players left with experience completing LoS on HC. With the margin of error so small for a few of the anti heroes you need at least the main tank to be spot on. If the designated tank fails to do his job, the support/DPS chars don't have much time to GTFO unless they have some mean S&E skills.

I would recommend forgetting about LoS for now and focus on getting another group of Guardians on the ladder. It's pretty sad there was only one group to do Hell Baal this season(mostly due to a simple lack of players).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 pm 

The druids fissure is pretty insane, the nec still owns and you can still KB lock some heroes. The obstacles being removed in my mind make them alot easier this patch then the last few seasons. All in all I would say other then the Druids burst of dmg LoS was not at all harder. Hell the A2 wyrms rabies was more of a pain in the ass then most heroes...

though don't have much faith in melee characters right now, with the huge CB nerf physical melee characters may as well be hitting bosses with a cardboard sword and it doesn't appear the damage boost from str has helped alleviate that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 pm 

I know you may find it preposterous that after playing this mod for 3 months I would want to attempt LoS, but I hear SC players talk about soloing it and I'm ambitious. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what builds are viable to run LoS so I can start conceiving one, and I am anti-trendy so I don't want to make a poison char (regardless of gimping myself lol). After building my throw barb I realize he isn't necessarily what I would want to bring, and honestly should have left him in NM (due to phys immunes and me not being able to afford cb throw rws), but trial and error is how I am figuring out this mod since theres not a ton of people who are willing to give a noob the time of day and teach them a thing or 2 or even answer questions (short of a few people, hi blue).

Anyways, I think there are enough players who have late game capabilities to think about doing this. Definitely I think we should put our heads together and get Guardian first. The problem is, as stated above, the number of players. Even though there is enough people, a lot of them are just running Tundra over and over, or rushing chars in private games.

There's a nice little wave of new players entering the HC scene. Some of them look like they could be some good players, so I've been spending a lot of time in Normal helping these guys out teaching them what little I know and hopefully build up a little posse, since the "OGs" apparently aren't around anymore, besides drrod

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:26 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
I know you may find it preposterous that after playing this mod for 3 months I would want to attempt LoS, but I hear SC players talk about soloing it and I'm ambitious.

LoS is one of the few areas in the game where SC is very different from HC. Losing a 95+ character in one fell swoop due to poor planning or whatever is crushing. On SC you simply rejoin the game and have at it again. Furthermore you are allowed much less safe builds on SC to play around with. You don't have the luxury of trial and error with HC LoS, you either go in there with a nicely prepared team and crush them relatively easily, or your run is stopped short by the druid eating half your party in 2 seconds.

slappyNuts wrote:
besides drrod

I haven't played in like 2-3 weeks ;_;. I was bringing up my smiter to tank for LoS and then my motivation just fell through after thinking about trying to level the bastard to 95-99, get all his gear together, and then I'd still only really have my brother who I could count on to have my back during LoS. Having to level a melee character mostly solo and having to gear him endgame with no one to trade with is brutal. In the previous seasons there were enough endgame players to where I could mostly leech exp along in tundra runs, or trade for the rare ass items I needed. Having to do it pretty much alone is just too much work.

Call it snobby/pussy or whatever, but I'd want at least one other player experienced with HC LoS with me to even get my ass into the portal. After putting all the work into actually making a LoS ready character, losing him to some rookie bullshit is the last thing you wanna do.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 pm 

drrod wrote:
You don't have the luxury of trial and error with HC LoS

I would like to get my hands on an editor just to fuck around in SP. Can someone link me to one that works with this patch? I have a lvl 78 in NM SC, but I don't want to spend the time to get him to LoS just to see what it's like, but I do want to replicate a couple builds and take him in there to get my ass beat so I'm not going in there blind with a party and we all wind up dead.

drrod wrote:
Having to do it pretty much alone is just too much work.

absolutely, hence why I haven't even touched my 2 hell chars for a while and am trying to catch up some people in norm. Also I really want to figure out what char I will attempt LoS with eventually so I can start farming gear for him.

drrod wrote:
Call it snobby/pussy or whatever, but I'd want at least one other player experienced with HC LoS with me to even get my ass into the portal.

nah, don't blame you at all. I don't wanna lose my lvl 90+ either. Thats why I wanna mess around with an editor and get some practice in.

I'm not saying I wanna try to run it this week or anything, but I definitely want to start prepping and thinking about it, or at least be building a character who will have a shot

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:23 pm 

Here are some chars i believe have a los potential:healer, meteor, blazer, psn java, psn nec, dru with high oak, wc barb, smiter (but i prefer using kb from arkaine to do it from a safe distance)

Both bo and oak should be around level 50

All sam charms and boss shards helps alot.

Using mindblast from arkaine's valor is a win against zon and dru,

Sin counters hit for 15k mag dmg, so dont spam,

For nec we had a 35k life wc barb tanking with healer(missing alot with hbs since barb had to move around) and a meteor sorc but i heard multi zon can do it,

id say whatever non barb char would highly benefit wearing war armor, having inv full of lifecharms is a must for anyone...

ofc all i know of los is from sc experience but its comparable to hc since i only died once (dru ofc) in our second los visit.(yeah once is too much for hc=)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:32 pm 

thanks a lot dieu.

i would almost NOT want to have an inv full of samy/boss charms since if i died they would be lost :o

then again chances of survival are much smaller without them XD

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:18 pm 
Game Server Host

@Ben, I've been jumping on for an hour here and there but theres rarely anyone on. I'm workin my hydra/chantress up atm since Utter still has some chars in NM a5 too. I'd continue my necro too but again, I keep missing folks in hell and he is sitting at duriel atm.

I been really busy with work too with all the good weather we are having. I lan on another blast at the LoS necro at some point tho, i just need to find some playtime :P.

Alsoneed to make a specific char to try on the necro so I'll be iso a 2-3 man team when I doget sometime toplay.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:31 pm 

@purrage
is someone here named ben that I don't know about?
anyways glad that someone is up for the challenge! what is this 2-3 man team you are thinking of?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:31 pm 
Game Server Host

dont matter really it's just to level a new char for it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:49 pm 

u mean just raise a lamb up for the slaughter? lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:41 pm 

do los sc and see what you are in for and see how easy it would be to die due to even a moment of lag to get one hit by something. or even trying to lure the anti heroes one by one away from the main center, w/o getting foh'd by the paladin 8k dmg killed. guided arrow zon one hit ko, druid volcano/fissure one hit ko. but ya im sure lvl 50 bo/oak will help a ton and gear toward max absorb

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:08 pm 

slappyNuts wrote:
thanks a lot dieu.

i would almost NOT want to have an inv full of samy/boss charms since if i died they would be lost :o

If you cant do shard/sammy runs with ease...then your not ready for LoS.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:11 pm 

FuryCury wrote:
slappyNuts wrote:
thanks a lot dieu.

If you cant do shard/sammy runs with ease...then your not ready for LoS.

Thanks for that tidbit :)

by ease you mean solo hell sammy?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:17 pm 

drrod summed it up spot on. you can't go into los with an inexperienced team or its a slaughter of 95+ characters. with a working strategy you still need players that are on the ball because 1 mistake results in dead players. ive been tempted to build my tank for it again but without my main partners gearing is a literal pain in the ass as a barb, especially considering the nerfs that happened this patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:22 pm 

makes sense

when u open the portal is it instant madness when you step in? or do you have a second to run around to figure out whats going on? I have a couple keys and I'm tempted to open the portal just to run in and out again so I can take a peek lol

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 pm 

portal leads to mini town acts 1-5 , then final portal is wide open area square shape with monsters all around wyrms, golems,beeserkers, marliths, on the final portal id say go straight down till you hit hte wall, work your way around then go in center slowly till you spawn a antihero.

first portal act1 just normal spread out monsters i forget the type, then each town boss is dual immune in random spots and hits for absurd dmg and psn effects ofc

each town has monsters from that act , 4 has some wicked marliths absurd fire dmg from volcano/fissure

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:47 pm 

thanks again for the insight blinky

sounds like sex to me.. I thought Uber Tristram was the coolest fuckin thing on the planet, then I went to NM sammy for the first time lol. Can't wait for LoS... now to try to farm gear for a char... *scurries to collect gems and runes*

btw, I assume the drops are really good in LoS, not just from bosses but from mobs?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:51 pm 

i didnt find much and i horked stuff, but ya hork the town bosses they can drop 95gear , los area im not sure i horked all the mobs and got nothing good

Offline Profile