Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:36 am

Post subject: Countess..
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:10 am 

I'm playing a Zon with near max multi-shot and some into magic arrow. I do roughly 40 or so damage and my hireling is pumping out 50-120ish damage.

Just wasted all my rejuvs, and my last town portal 2

I don't get it, am I supposed to just tank the shadow and dodge the countess' attacks?

:(

Edit: I'm also level 20.. this shit is impossible(and I'm even using the solo play mod..)

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Countess..
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:19 pm 

Your damage is so low you won't be able to kill the boss. The adds are invincible I believe, or at the very least I was never able to kill them, you just burn countess down quickly and after she dies they die.

On a bowazon you're going to want to put a point into GA since it's damage will be substantially higher than MA. MA is used for PIs or for stoneskin mobs. Also, under almost all circumstances against countess in normal, light healing pots on a bowazon are going to be more useful than rejuvs, not that you shouldn't have about 4-8 of them anyways just incase.

Gamble a few jewels and socket the +max ones into your armor/helm as it adds a substantial amount of damage that makes all of normal easy mode(4 in helm and armor give you ~1k multi with a full dex build).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:21 pm 

The shadows of the Countess have an exceptionally high life regen. There are three options:
1) Get a source of poison damage, since being poisoned prevents monster life regen (not bosses, since their full-life regen is from a different source).
2) Get a source of PreventMonsterHeal or OpenWounds, since both of these prevent monster regen.
3) Ignore the shadows.

If you are having any trouble, just put some diamonds in your armor and hat for the damage reduction (DR/MDR) that they provide. There are other sources of this, but diamonds are an extremely easy method, since you can just buy them from town (Charsi in A1) and cube them up to a suitable level. For norm, if you can get your DR/MDR totals to equal your level, then you should be nearly immune to damage in whatever area you're in.

As Angel mentioned, +Dmg jewels are easy to gamble at your level and are an excellent source of damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:43 pm 

Yeah, I forgot to mention mdr/pdr given from diamonds, but on a bowazon I find it's always useful to get your mdr/pdr from nagel rings which iirc are farmable from leo(easy for a bowa).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:32 pm 

Angel wrote:
Yeah, I forgot to mention mdr/pdr given from diamonds, but on a bowazon I find it's always useful to get your mdr/pdr from nagel rings which iirc are farmable from leo(easy for a bowa).

Lucky for me, I found 2 nagels from Blood raven :geek:

But I don't get GA til level 20. I'm only 19 atm. I'm rocking full unique gear, should I drop all of that and focus on socketting gems/jewels?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:35 pm 

Ah, I thought you were twenty because of the "Edit, I'm level 20".

You don't really need to gem diamonds on a bowazon, just roll 2 nagels, slap on a Rogue's bow and Nef it. Blood craft helm with +damage jewels, caster craft armor with +damage jewels, death belt/gloves. Boots are pretty meh until waterwalks, just use whatever you can find.

Offline Profile