Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 am

Post subject: Anyone killing Normal Baal any time soon?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:49 am 

My brother and I took out the ancients 10 days ago, but have not been able to get a group for Baal. We got a barb and assassin ready to go.

I love this mod, but man I wish there were more people playing it. Took a week to get a group for Diablo and near two so far for Baal. I know my play schedule isn't ideal for running with a group (2-3 hours every 2-3 days), but man, there must be a few others out there that need to kill Baal.

At this point I just want to get it done so we can continue playing in NM. I would much prefer to do it legit, but if any high levels would be willing to smash him for us I'd happily take you up at this point.

I started a Hammerdin who is level 38 now. If he gets to A5 and I am still waiting on a Baal group for the Barb I think I will just switch back to SP.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Anyone killing Normal Baal any time soon?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 am 
Game Server Host

it must be your schedule. I've had no problems finding teams in norm. are you making games and starting or just waiting for someone else to make a game for you to join? I found as soon as I make an a1, a2, a3, a4, a5 game it ended up full in 30-40 mins and we were heading for the bosses. I always plan on just seeing how far i can go alone and at a gentle pace but once Im in a game and started more players seem to appear.

if there are no games up for the act you are in, making one should always bring in a group. If i join a game and the group are sitting in town waiting for more players instead of making some progress I usualy just make another game. I'm not a fan of sitting in town waiting for people to join me, I prefer to make a start and if it fails it fails.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:08 pm 

I have Maul druid at wsk2...if we find pala it will be handy

/w just-ice

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:13 pm 

I am on around 8-11 PM US-CST ( 2-5 AM GMT). There is usually a game or two in the lower acts, but lately there have been very few games at all. Sometimes none. We figure that most everyone playing HC has leveled past norm and into NM.

My brother and I make a game called "A5 Baal" or something, and then go clear WSK 2 and 3. Only once we have had someone join the game, and they left within a few minutes. Once WSK 3 is clear we are usually bored and he logs off and I play the paly instead. Maybe we will have more luck this weekend.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:45 pm 

Just got my zealer to act 5 today so probly tommarow or monday eve ill be rdy for baal acc red_neck whisper and if im on you can join np :0

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:46 am 

Was on a lot over the weekend but never saw a Baal game.

I did get my hammerdin to a4, almost got to A5 but then our barb was killed with D at like 5% and us all out of pots. Sorry Barb.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:01 am 

We had a baalgame going yesterday but got pulled away to other things. Will get it done today I hope, I got a game cleared to the cleft now. Will see if that renders some success.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:38 am 
Game Server Host

i just hit a5 with my team so be doin baal pretty soon, not today i dont think tho

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:16 pm 

BAAL GAME IS UP NOW NEED HELP (NECRO) :)

whisper red_neck

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:18 pm 

red_neck wrote:
BAAL GAME IS UP NOW NEED HELP (NECRO) :)

Yes ;)

We already have druid, barb and paladin.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:05 pm 

Sigh. I am at work another 5 hours ... :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:20 pm 

+ 8 Destroyers...oh yeh :dance: :dance:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:15 am 

So I logged in last night and there was not a single public game for HC normal. I checked again an hour later and there was still nothing. Eventually one came up which eventually consisted of someone in each act grinding out levels, but no games for any act progression.

Is it at all possible to solo diablo or baal? I would assume not, especially on HC. If not, what about a party of 2 characters? Which two classes would be best? Barb and necro for life and curses? Barb and druid for lots of life and some summons maybe? Perhaps druid and necro for life, curses and summons?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:27 pm 
Game Server Host

If there is no game up, make one. I usualy see no games up or some games that have players below/above me in them. If you make a game, people will see someone esle is doing that act/quest and usualy join you.

If everyone just looks for games and don't bother making them nothing will get done. Take action and head for baal, if you get to him and get stumped by the minions and nobody has joined, try the channel and let people know there is a baal game going on. If you still dont attract any players call it a bust and try again another day.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:58 pm 

I usually do create my own games. I was just trying to illustrate the point that few people are playing in norm now. My guy waiting on baal is a BO barb. He has horrible damage against trash since almost all his skill points up to this point have been sunk into inc stam and BO. So I can create a Baal game, start painfully slowly working my way through WSK by myself, totally bored out of my mind as I kill about 4 monsters per minute, only to find that an hour later no one has joined the game except to mule or say "oh there is no party" and then leave. Or, I just do what I did yesterday and leave for an hour or play another game.

So is there a combination of two characters that could have a chance against D and Baal at level? Instead of hunting for groups for weeks at a time my brother and I could just play the game ourselves when no one is around.

Awesome mod. Too bad the community isn't about 100 times bigger.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:42 pm 
Game Server Host

One of the most steady duo'd I ever been in is with a Holy Fire paladin and a maul druid. using bows that fire exploding arrows to provide aoe from holy fire, he cleared trash exceptionaly well. Vs high elemental bosses he would run resist auras and use smite with crushing blow equip if poss. The druid ould max oka first, then split between werebear, maul and lycan. 1 point in all summons to provide a barrier to hold trash while exploding arrow kills. The paly has alot of flexibility later as his attack is only a 60 point build. I went for a heal hybrid and would just spam holy bolts at the druid on most bosses, along with a resist aura or a 1 point fanat as needed. Make sure the pala has 1 in conversion at least. versus sszak this will be the most usefull skill you have. convert 8-10 spiders to tank for you and just fire arrows at her with holy fire. same kinda thing on any boss that has minions around him.

There are probs better duo's but that one worked a treat.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm 

I've created a few games the last two nights and no one is joining, maybe just me but empty, also no games were running. I've been stuck in norm at baal for about 2 weeks too man I have two chars up to that level now. I know there are a lot of games running but from what the stats say they're all private.

If I'm on tonight I have a barb that can help but we'll definitely have to fill the group better than 2 barbs and your other char.

But I feel your pain man, I've cut my playing time by about 80% over the last week with that game cause of the lack of activity.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:13 pm 

We was in game for 4 hours befor we finially killed baal 3 guys cleard to castle then 2 of us went around to other games askin pepole if they had a guy to do a baal run finally got 8 pep together yet it took way longer than we wanted but we got it done with no high lvls :D

Offline Profile