Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

Post subject: Muling
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 pm 

Is there a way to mule without having a second person involved?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Muling
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:07 pm 

that is what I use the loader for. I find it quote handy. You can find the loader stickied in the tech forum

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm 
Game Server Host

D2Loader lets you open the game more than once.

just move the file into your hu folder and start the game with that

Edit: ninja'd by blue

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 pm 

If you do not want to use Loader, then you can mule without it. Games on the realm will stay open if there is no one in them. I think the conditions are something like:

1) A new game stays open for 30 seconds no matter what.
2) A game that's been open between 30 seconds and 5 minutes will instantly close if no one is present.
3) A game that's been open for more than 5 minutes will stay open for about 60 seconds if there is no one present.

So if you wanted to mule without Loader and by yourself, then just open a norm game with a char that's finished Baal (so any char can join the game), and mess around in that game for 5 minutes (do a Nilathak run, gamble stuff, or go get a drink) to keep it open. You could also make the game, but then immeditately leave and rejoin with a char that wants to gain exp or collect waypoints (just be sure to rejoin within about 20 seconds). This is how I mule stuff because I don't want to use Loader.

If you are referring to playing Single Player, then try using one instance of Loader to host the TCP/IP game, while using another instance to join (using IP 127.0.0.1) might work. I've never tried it, and I've never heard of anyone else trying it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:23 pm 

I don't recommend Brevan's way to do it, as the system can be a bit buggy. I've tried it before, had game open for about 10 minutes, then did the drop. The game immediately closed, even though it wasn't supposed to. If it's something you don't care too much if you'll lose, go ahead and do it. Otherwise, I find the loader much more safe.

I normally just go into an A2 or higher game with at least two people and drop my items in a corner somewhere, then come back in a few seconds with the new character to pick it up. Tends to be pretty safe.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:00 pm 

Norwazy wrote:
I don't recommend Brevan's way to do it, as the system can be a bit buggy. I've tried it before, had game open for about 10 minutes, then did the drop. The game immediately closed, even though it wasn't supposed to. If it's something you don't care too much if you'll lose, go ahead and do it. Otherwise, I find the loader much more safe.

I normally just go into an A2 or higher game with at least two people and drop my items in a corner somewhere, then come back in a few seconds with the new character to pick it up. Tends to be pretty safe.

This and brevan's method is reminding me how things used to be.. ooo the memories.

Offline Profile