Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Post subject: Bowazon with dodge = bad?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:32 pm 

Hi everyone,

I'm just having a blast playing HU. It's been a little bit over 2 years now since I knew about it, and I applaud everyone who worked on this new patch, I really love it.

I've never played a bowazon until this week. I found that they can be quite powerful to play. However, the problems started around lvl 30. Half the time, my bowazon seems to 'miss' the targets, even when using strafe or multiple shot. I looked closely how this happen, and I'm starting to believe it's due to the dodge skills. I've put 2 pts in each of them, and most of the time I have hits incoming (whenever I'm losing life or not), I see my zon shooting like crazy over the ennemies, but none of them are being hits. I need to move back and shoot again to see some effect.

I'm using most of the time decoy, due to the fast recast of it (and it can tank really good, even on bosses), and even by that, when there's a lot of ennemies and some of them use ranged attack over me, I need to reposition myself and shoot again. It can be frustrating when you are in a position of a hurry and need to run in a corner (where you'll definitly die...). And it is REALLY repetitive.

I don't have any problem with my bone necro, or my sorc. I can play 'à la Bruce Wayne' and being hit on every parts of my body, shoot like a motha fucka, and still be able to kill everything around me, without delay (except for the random 'needs recovery', where you seem to stop doing your shit for half a second).

Anyway, that was only my observations, and I can be wrong. Sorry for the long message, but I like to detail my actions so everyone could understand my situation. My question is this : Should I put points in dodge skills as a bowazon?

Thank you for your time taken on this message.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Bowazon with dodge = bad?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:50 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh its the dodge skills, just try to avoid attacks as best you can

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:47 pm 

try to play jabazon with that:)..impossible to hit any target..especially when u are avoiding/dodging attacks which shouldnt even hit u through your def..its a little error made by blizzard :( ..bowa is cool with that but melee - no way..try to improve your fast hit recovery..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:59 pm 

i don't get the dodge with bow zons cause it keeps locking you in place when you dodge.

i thought it was removed for melee zons but never tested but if it locks you in place for melee zons then it's even worse for them so imo never get that crappy dodge skill.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:01 pm 

does holding down shift help?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:35 am 

I always get the dogde skills on ranged zons, haven't had any problems with it. On my jabber it was awful however. Haven't made a strafer on here though, might be the worst skill for this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:05 pm 

I'm always holding the shift key to hold my zon in place. I move a lot in this game, but even with that, half the time, it seems i always miss the targets.

Strafe can be very powerful. That's why it's one of my primary skill. The problem resides on the holding still while she shoots her 12 arrows. Once the shooting start, if even 1 little missile goes in my direction, HOP!, I can't shoot shit... And with the particular lag we experience due to the popularity that the game gained as the new patch went out, it makes the combo strafe + dodge skills quite a waste on the character, even a nuisance to the gameplay.

I think what I'll do is to restart my character (anyway, she's only lvl 47), and put no pts in dodges, or maybe the one that occurs only on melee (why would I be fighting melee anyway?!), a little survival bonus, without making my strafe or any shooting skills too heratic to play.

thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate the help! Feel free to continue commenting on this situation, if there's anything new you'd like to add.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:08 pm 

The mod Aftermath fixed this awhile ago. Lorek already mentioned how but nobody here took any interest.

Offline Profile