Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

Post subject: Throwing weapons Question
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:36 pm 

I have just made a Harmony ETH Throwing weapon 191 -330 i think, and seems that my demage got buffed to 19k - 38k. Is this for real or a kind of bug with the throwing weapons. Im new to this mod so ...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Throwing weapons Question
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:04 pm 

what is your dmg with some other weapon?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:22 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
what is your dmg with some other weapon?

I have Mystery 142 - 253 and Harmony 191 - 338 and i do
16k - 33k and 21k - 42k

The damage seems to big for the damage i do and think of the speed i shoot with and +50% critical chance. I noticed that the skill that gives me so much is Throwing mastery. i dont know if the demage is buged or not. i mean on hell il have somethink like 40k - 100k is that normal ? :)

Ok i have some + max damage charms but let me give u an example 10 max damage charm gives me 911 damage with 161 strenght and 118 dexterity. If this is normal then i think that imense demage is ok ihave much +% enhanced deffence.

I tryed to see the damage from double swing and seems norma, i used 2 white low lvl blades vs double throw with 2 low lvl throwing weapons, the difference is imense. In damage the only difference is throwing mastery so i think thats the bug.

Last edited by Draiden on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:34 pm 

yep - that is probably normal.
there was a large buff to %ED gained from strength this patch and that makes a really big impact on eth items.

You can calculate your damage using the dmg calculator I wrote if you are ever curious about how it all adds up. It is on http://blue.arimyth.com/ under Information --> damage calculator. Here's a direct link: http://blue.arimyth.com/DamageCalculator.html

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:46 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
yep - that is probably normal.
there was a large buff to %ED gained from strength this patch and that makes a really big impact on eth items.

I have tryed wih your calculator using a pilum 10 - 23 throwing / 7 - 12 melle
All items have been removed.
To get the same data for the melle damage as the game i had to apply a Strenght/Dexterity modifier of 325.!!!
To get the same data for the throwing damage as the game i had to apply a Strenght/Dexterity modifier of 1045.!!!

If those modiefiers are corect than there is no bug and il go back to farming :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:35 pm 

hmm - there may be some tricky issues on using that calculator for throwing weapons as they get a bonus both from strength (375) and dexterity (225) which gives a very large off weapon %ED boost. I didn't factor on items having different values for str/dex when I built the calculator - so that may be a limitation.

Will have to look more in to this - thanks for bringing it up though. Might not be a bug though as weapon bonuses were considerably boosted to overcome concerns that melee were being overly nerfed in this patch. There was a general goal of making characters do strong damage, but be fragile in return. That keeps things exciting as you can kill things effectively, but they can kill you effectively too. A big criticism of past versions of HU was that you could just stand there forever hardly getting damaged, but unable to kill monsters due to low dmg.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:40 am 

wasnt there a bug with barbs double throw...if i remember correctly it showed a much to high value of dmg
but i am not sure

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm 

metal wrote:
wasnt there a bug with barbs double throw...if i remember correctly it showed a much to high value of dmg
but i am not sure

I didn't know about the bug thats why i asked but now i know its buged. I have a frenzy barb now and the demage seems legit unlike my throwing barb :)

Offline Profile