PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:24 pm 
Game Server Host

all skill pierce was lowered iirc. plus it stacks with convic + lr

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: holy fire/freeze/thunder
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:47 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
all skill pierce was lowered iirc. plus it stacks with convic + lr

IIRC on the original mechanics, -res ONLY applies AFTER immunity is broken. Conviction and LR function at 1/5th efficiency when breaking immunities. Then again, when I was looking at monstats.txt I see where immunities are almost a non-issue. 90% can be broken with lvl 2 LR.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:52 pm 
Game Server Host

holy shock/fire/freeze both have skill pierce (can break immunities) and it stacks with lr and convic. The aura filter it uses effects enemys so it can break immunes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:38 pm 

Quote:
Then again, when I was looking at monstats.txt I see where immunities are almost a non-issue. 90% can be broken with lvl 2 LR.
On hell monsters you want to break have 110% and/or self res auras, don't theorycraft on mobs' res as there is something like monumod and states.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:34 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
holy shock/fire/freeze both have skill pierce (can break immunities) and it stacks with lr and convic. The aura filter it uses effects enemys so it can break immunes.

I forgot, but didn't I ask for clarification on this once before? Oh yeah it was here, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2434 In that thread Steel said "2 days ago we were rolling hell baal and WSG was fire immune, Fire sorc killed him with fire bolt w/o any conv/lr." No wonder some find it easy. Fix the mechanics FFS. Make immune to element mean just that, not "oh I'm going to stack mass -res gear and kill him anyway".

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:32 pm 

If you find how to fix mechanics by simple txt edits then post it.

And to that quote: I think it's possible due to to different files on serv than we had - see barb +1(or not) 4-5pages whine in arg forums. You quoted me but haven't quoted Kevin who said we should test it... and guess what I tested on single, gave myself -1000 pierce on sm charms and couldn't break immune so get your lecture first then post nonsense.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:26 pm 
Game Server Host

kwikster wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

I forgot, but didn't I ask for clarification on this once before? Oh yeah it was here, viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2434 In that thread Steel said "2 days ago we were rolling hell baal and WSG was fire immune, Fire sorc killed him with fire bolt w/o any conv/lr." No wonder some find it easy. Fix the mechanics FFS. Make immune to element mean just that, not "oh I'm going to stack mass -res gear and kill him anyway".

and apparently you didn't see this:
PureRage-DoD wrote:
I think I know the thing you are talking about. I've had it with phys immune hell glasya. Amp was allowing my to deal full effect crushing blows even though she was stone skin/pi. It seems to be a display problem. maybe someone can dig deeper on that though. It's an easy single player test. Just find fallens line in monstats.txt and raise its fire res (or whatever res) to 100+ and put 255% passive pierce to that element on a char. Play around with diff numbers over 100 and diff values of skill pierce like lr etc. (something like having lr take the enemy to exactly 100 res). Shouldn't take long

like I said, test it, rove its broken then propose a fix, don't theory craft and claim it to be gospel. If its broken then if you have 1k pierce on a fire sorc you will be able to kill a fire immune tras enemy, simple.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:07 pm 

lmfao i thought it was an exaggeration when dod said you just spout the same thing in every thread. you should read the posts you are responding to , before you respond to them. like my a5 wp one.

Offline Profile