Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

Post subject: TESTING 1 - 2 - 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:32 pm 

Exactly just how are we testing this patch. Hopefully I assume (bad word don’t read into the word assume) we are testing these changes in a controlled environment such as a mini realm. Hopefully we are Not just making changes on paper and in graphs and then implementing these changes in our real life realm. Testing is the most important part of any change.

Can you imagine us putting a man on the moon without first testing ie. Flight simulators, un-man flight test etc.

Or how bout doing hearth transplants without testing – who wants to volunteer for that.

Oh and can u imagine building a new commercial airplane without testing it.

This reminds me of when I was a kid in the early 1950’s. This was a time before computers, xbox, GI joe and Barbie. My brother and I built an airplane. We had built model planes many times so we knew wat we were doing. We built an airplane out of wood crates and cardboard, complete with cockpit, wings, rudder and seating for 2. It took us at least a week to build. We tested it on the driveway and it just flew down the driveway at such a great speed. We were really, really, really proud of our accomplishment and could not wait for my dad to get home. When he finally got home we asked him to help us put the plane on the roof of our house so we could fly around our neighborhood. Believe it or not he wouldn’t help us nor would he let us do it. We were 6 and 7 years old respectfully. We argued with my dad to let us fly the plane we made. We probably even tried the tactic of crying. All of the crying and arguing we could not convince my dad to let us try it. The moral of the story is just because it looked like a plane, was built like a plane, ran down the runway – IT COULDN’T FLY. Took my brother and I a long time to figure out why he wouldn’t let us fly.

Did u know that Leonardo Da Vinci was one of the greatest artist, painter, sculptor, architect and inventor in the past 500 years. He drew and designed the first helicopter on paper but it took almost 500 years to test it and prove it would fly.

So in conclusion of this rather boring post please tell me how we have tested these changes and their interdependencies. Would not want to see a pebble create a ripple or many ripples which when combined create a tidal wave.

lol

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: TESTING 1 - 2 - 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:49 pm 

Skill testing has been going on since May, please join in: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1773

Item testing is done locally and is mostly just about typos more than anything. Unless there is already an item that does something I tend not to add it on as this sometimes introduces unexpected bugs such as Heaven's Brethen's defense run-up. Crafting and Runewords were exceptions, I did some unique things there and had to do quite a bit of single player testing to make sure they all worked out.

I am also soliciting feedback by making everything that I do very public well before it goes live which you can see here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2439

I am hoping to put together a mini-item patch this weekend, but I had a european client submit 2 projects Thursday that soaked most of my past few days, so I may not get it done. With the holiday, the european jobs unfortunately have a short timeline.

Please feel free to suggest other methods though. I find that when people suggest solutions to problems it ends up being much more productive than people who simply point out problems.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:45 pm 

this is not really HU related but i wanted to post it anyways.

testing is good. but with testing comes corruption.

The NNT, in this case, is 100. One hundred people have to take Lipitor for more than three years to prevent one heart attack. And the other 99 people, well, they"ve just dished out hundreds of dollars and increased their risk of a multitude of side effects for nothing.

So you can see how the true effectiveness of cholesterol drugs like Lipitor is hidden behind a smokescreen.
Or in some cases, not hidden at all.
and Zetia and Vytorin: No Medical Benefits.
people have no idea how heart disease works.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... mbers.aspx

also did you know Infants exclusively fed soy-based formula have 13,000 to 22,000 times more estrogen compounds in their blood than babies fed milk-based formula. it is an abomination.

also in many places the water supplie is soo toxic it turns fish 90% female and the remaining 10% males are messed up. and the public water supplies cannot filter out these hormones. only reverse osmosis can.

aspartame killed alot of african people in a test with them eating large amounts. but the test did not give the results they wanted so it was not really made public.

theres many corrupt things and such that happen to us all the time and people say they were tested. however alot of the time they were tested in a corrupt way. to give the result they wanted to make you buy there product.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:51 am 

ziggy...
Quote:
testing is good. but with testing comes corruption.

this is a free video game mod... not a government conspiracy
if people dont like the result they can uninstall and leave

i mean that if people hate the update as much as some say why keep coming and saying it again and again

Last edited by hfown on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:04 am 

hfown i said that what i said was not really HU related HU as in hell unleased D2 mod. as in i am not calling the testing of this mod corrupt but rather i think the testing is going good this patch looks awesome. but just saying with them other things being corrupt in the world anything is possible.

would you have rather'd i did not speak any truths and you to have not learned these horrible things that are going on? :(

i know no one wants to hear stuff like this but how els will anyone find out about these horrible things if no one ever says anything :(

also i only said things that are hurting people in the current everyday life that is today. as a warning so that someone could avoid these posions. i thought people would like to be warned about stuff like this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:59 am 

Quote:
this is a free video game mod... not a government conspiracy
if people dont like the result they can uninstall and leave
This mod has a big fan base built over past few years, it's a hobby for someone to play and kill mobs. Now you're saying that they shouldn't bother if something's going wrong as they can always gtfo? If you make a mod that 100ppl plays and all of sudden everyone fucks you and leave bcos you did something wrong it's everything ok for you? Mancer did this mod for people to play it, if noone plays it this means he failed.

Offline Profile