Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

Should skill charms be eliminated?
Yes 45%  45%  [ 20 ]
No 36%  36%  [ 16 ]
Increase level requirement to 90 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Should skill charms be eliminated?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:30 pm 

Poll

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Should skill charms be eliminated?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:33 pm 

Voted 90 and cut rolling them... but I guess that would nerf other good mods aswell. You can always try to copy GC, do new item with different name but the same purpose, put all +skills on them, make only a5 hell mobs drop it and leave them unrollable thus leaving original GCs w/o +skill but still rollable
Edit: If you want to keep rolling on, then consider my vote as YES.

Last edited by Steel on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:44 pm 
Game Server Host

veted yes, simply because they are what breaks builds (all sorcs, poisy nec, healer pally, summy druid (level 65 oak anyone?), rabies druid, fclaw/bite druid, windys, trapsin (5 secs to kill hell moloch with inferno sentry?) the list goes on. All are fine before they get 10+ skill charms.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:22 pm 

mancer already said skillers stay but may be made lvl 90 i vote no to taking skillers away

Last edited by cool-player on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:42 pm 

I don't need skillers to play my ww barb , so i voted YES:).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:10 pm 

voted yes, to replace tundra runs with boss runs. i think skills on soulstones, heros reward and lil more on equip are enough boost. (and ofc eye, heart, brain)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:03 pm 

+1 on each soul shard perhaps? Good idea.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:19 am 

nedder wrote:
+1 on each soul shard perhaps? Good idea.

Did you miss this?
http://blue.arimyth.com/charms.html

Seriously, you people are making these crazy polls and posts without taking the time to be informed about what sort of changes are actually being proposed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:58 am 

How about giving soulstones only +1 to one char randomly?

Another thing - baal soulstone needs imo something better than "only" skill, it's final boss of the game, getting to him takes 40 min minimum, yet he doesnt drop it always. He's challenging or will be with changed gear. I say give him 100mf/200 gold find.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 pm 

RAMMSTEIN wrote:
I don't need skillers to play my ww barb , so i voted YES:).

Thinking only about ourselfs are we ?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm 

What can i say? Yes.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:21 pm 

To elaborate on previous suggestions:
Copy the grand charm in itemtypes.txt
Change all +skilltab prefixes to spawn on this charmtype only and add this itemtype to all the charm suffixes I guess. Add the itemtype to 5-10 of the last boss treasureclasses. GG?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:04 am 

make em bigger or shrink the inv......but dont get rid of them ......bragging rights at end game is at stake!!!

or just kill the cube recipe for rolling charms, ive probably found maybe 30 charms this season, ive rolled at least three hundred

i would have found more but why bother when its so much easier to roll them.....tonight out of 100 rolls i got 14 skillers...most of them junk but they are skillers

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:54 pm 

I kinda like the idea of skills on soulstones but with a twist. Instead of all classes getting 1 skill on each of them, make it +1-2 random skill on each. Since they are carry one items, would limit skills to max of 10 from them. Would also give a reason to actually farm them.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:53 pm 

I voted NO....to getting rid of skillers or for that matter even increasing the difficulty level. Guys this MOD is fine just the way it is, hey heres a thought. If you want to make the MOD more difficult try playing without wearing your gloves or your boots or whatever, hell even try going at it naked but dont fix something that isnt broken.

On a side note Pappy you sure about those figures 100 rolls got you 14 skillers? I think a bit of an exageration there lol. If not then join my game and roll me some skillers cause you have the best luck ive ever heard of. I rolled an entire inventory, cube and stash of gems three days ago and got 3 skillers total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 pm 

Jozep wrote:
I voted NO....to getting rid of skillers or for that matter even increasing the difficulty level. Guys this MOD is fine just the way it is, hey heres a thought. If you want to make the MOD more difficult try playing without wearing your gloves or your boots or whatever, hell even try going at it naked but dont fix something that isnt broken.

On a side note Pappy you sure about those figures 100 rolls got you 14 skillers? I think a bit of an exageration there lol. If not then join my game and roll me some skillers cause you have the best luck ive ever heard of. I rolled an entire inventory, cube and stash of gems three days ago and got 3 skillers total.

I have rolled 5 skillers in a row befor and then turned around and used a full guy (cube stash and invtory) and didn't roll a single skiller. That being said I really could care less if you remove them and putem them on soulstones. Hardly use caster anyways. However if you do putem on soulstones wont pep just farm the bosses even more if there just on soulstones? Think bule called rolling gc's grinding? Would that not be the same thing?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:00 am 

If skillers are removed and replaced with soulstones, the stones are carry one items. I personally favor this idea. The only part of this I don't totally agree with is that each class skill would be on every stone you get. Even though the stones don't drop often kinda defeats the purpose because I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) they drop more often than current skillers. The upside to all this is it effective caps skils on some op skills and brings them inline.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:19 am 

kwikster wrote:
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) they drop more often than current skillers.

This isn't exactly accurate. Everytime you defeat a boss in Hell, that boss will not drop a soulstone. I believe they will drop a soulstone roughly 2 out of every 5 times you defeat them, although I don't think anyone has really bothered farming soulstones, so I don't think people really know for sure.

Getting all the way to a Hell Act boss is no small feat, so I don't see people doing it as quickly as say clearing out cows or running tundra.

While skillers actually dropping is rather rare, sitting in town and tossing gems in to your cube to reroll them is not - and that can get you a decent set of skillers pretty quickly.

I expect soulstones to be a bit rarer than the current run of skill grand charms which is why they have been empowered accordingly.

It is also worth mentioning that there are several item based changes to compensate the loss of skillers including:
Templar's might now has +3 to all skills
Ormus & Wyrmscale have both been bumped to +2 skills
Souldrain are now end game caster gloves with +2 skills
Griffon's now gives +3 to all skills
Characters can craft elemental armor that gives them +1-2 skills (varies) as well as increased spell dmg.
Characters can craft caster helms & boots that give them +1 to skills.

I encourage people to run through the suggested changes in detail as there is a lot there and it covers a lot of the stuff folks are concerned about.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:36 am 

Quote:
Everytime you defeat a boss in Hell, that boss will not drop a soulstone.
Wanted to add - unlike all unique weapons/armor shards and quest item can drop more than 1 per game - I once had 2 andy soulshards :P But that was just a good roll.
Quote:
Getting all the way to a Hell Act boss is no small feat
CS runs for the win! With bosses dropping 95lvl gear and now that prize I'd be better/easier than baal runs. Going meph is very frustrating as you may end with 12 seraph champs teling and healing themselves.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:15 am 

if people can get lots of skill charms easily then i think they should be eliminated.

if people cannot get lots of skill charms easily then i think they should stay.

currently i find it very hard to get skill charms but it may be a different case for others. and on the other hand if you have 10 people working to get skill charms it would be alot more effective. 1 person gets charms for other classes that he does not use and can end up giveing them to someone els and likewise.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 am 

this season i have found maybe 10 skillers but then thats me and it random that they drop....

Offline Profile