Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Post subject: Over reaction to change and Plan B
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:23 pm 

It seems like the new bandwagon argument from some folks is to "move in moderation". Perhaps they worry that the mod is going to be ruined.

Ok - there is a simple solution to that. We roll this patch with all of its controversial crap included (no skillers, reduced Crushing blow, sweeping changes to items, in ability for people to join games of different difficulty) and if it completely sucks balls, we go back to what we have now. Not like it is hard to simply reinstall an earlier version of HU.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Over reaction to change and Plan B
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:24 pm 

why do that mancer already said no reventing hu just some balanceing why keep going and beating a dead horse and mancer said he was not going to remove skilleer if you do what you want even on a temp. time there going to be a lot that will quit that alll i have heard in the last 3 days. why keep pushing the dev patch ... when so many has mancer has even said has complained about it is want a community patch not the dev team patch... mancer want to come to a middle ground not keep pushing the dev team patch and i agree with mancer and as you said it is his mod and what he says goes and he has said what he wants........ ok so just stop aready and taske mancers word instead of keep pushing this dev patch.... he may use some of it or he may not don't keep pushing it on the most of the community that don't want it it's not fair to then or mancer when he said something and you just disreguard it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:34 pm 

Cool-player you made me cry :cry: Remove act 1 physical mercs and skillers. HELL characters cannot join normal or nightmare games with quests. :twisted:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:38 pm 

that not what they want they want to reuinvent hu change it completely not just a little like you are saying that all iam saying don't reinvent hu little change fine major change not good idea cause like mancer said the community don't like major ( big long changes)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:38 pm 

Quote:
why do that mancer already said no reventing hu

Soulmancer wrote:
If you leave it up to me I'll focus on trying to address the major issues with simple fixes... But if the community wants something more extensive then yah a fan made update would be more in order... Something I can implement and distributed.
So far everything community wanted is being talked and so called dev team is trying to find middle ground... geeeez. It's not democracy here, ppl yelling not to do anything don't want any changes, Mancers DOES.
And the fact he said he doesn't want any extreme changes is bcos he only read someones priv message - He added he didn't know changes so far!

Last edited by Steel on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:42 pm 
Game Server Host

sandy, have you read nothing? pretty much everything in there is comunity influenced

so the people who are complaining about it have all the say and the people who are happy about it have no say? That is what you are saying there. do you really think that people who are happy with it would pm mancer and say that? If they did i'm sure it would be about the same number of people.

Edit: by comparison, do you have any idea how many people have already quit due to the easiness ofthe current patch?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:49 pm 

alot have quit cause the patch and reset is taking to long to and some have quit cause of the talk of reset like always but pushing the patch is not the way to go ,,, it will just make more players angry and quit i heard them say this so why keep going cause the bottom line is mancer desides it's his mod

Last edited by cool-player on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:51 pm 

Soulmancer can indeed do whatever he would like with this mod. I am 100% behind that. I can also do whatever I want with this mod though, and I would like to know whether I am wasting a very considerable amount of time or not. If so - I would like to stop wasting that time and do something else.

By considerable, I mean 30-40 hours worth of work and effort. Putting together this item balance has been no small amount of work, and I would just as soon stop right now if none of it is going to be used.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:55 pm 

mancer has already said some of the changes were a no go like the taking away of skiller takeing the + to str off of item he said lower them not take them off completely if he already said that so why keep pushing them it just not right

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:56 pm 

Quote:
it will just make more players angry and quit i heard them say this
Tell them to register here and post thoughts - now it's just like I could say I know 95% of this realm want this changes.
This is official forums, bnet chat doesn't matter.
Quote:
mancer has already said some of the changes were a no go like the taking away of skiller
which exactly ?? besides skillers, he said maybe move them to 90 or something, nothing sure.

Last edited by Steel on Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:00 pm 

well, then its time to write down that i like the made changes, and can't wait to play with them. finish asap and press the reset button.;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:02 pm 

like i said few are for them but the most of the community are not

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:09 pm 
Game Server Host

most of them? you know 99% of the players then? I'd say it's 50/50 and giving it a chance at least is a good thing. If it turns out that the 50% who wanted it don't like it then it can be switched back. There is just as much of a chance that the 50% who are against it will like it after actually trying it. You can't make a call like that without actually trying it out first.

Thats like saying "I don't like blue cheese, I've never tried it but I know I don't like it because it smells wierd"

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:44 pm 

you can know what you want though k like saying iam going to try something that may be bad for me would you try it if you knew you didn't want it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:19 pm 

cool-player wrote:
you can know what you want though k like saying iam going to try something that may be bad for me would you try it if you knew you didn't want it

How about you and Asteroth go ahead and build your own patch then. I think I am done with this process. The pissing and moaning from the two of you has been enough for me. I don't need to spend my time for your benefit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:52 pm 

just stated how i feel

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:55 pm 

Guys. You whine when the patch is not coming out in time. You whine when the patch is getting closer to come out. You whine that the game is too easy and unbalanced. You whine when a few people try to fix it voluntarily. You want to hasten the patch, you want a reset. However, with all the shit you pump on the forums, you just delay it - or completely prevent it from happening.

You whine that you had no saying in the patch and that you were excluded. However, if you had stopped whining for a brief moment only, you would had seen that there was an Organized Suggestions Feedback part of the forum where you could have shared with the community your constructive criticism of the proposed changes and fixes.

You want a reset? For once, stop whining and accept the changes. Please.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:12 pm 

like i said just giving opinion on how i feel since when is that wrong and i will continue to do so....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:23 pm 

Quote:
like i said just giving opinion on how i feel since when is that wrong and i will continue to do so....
You said how you felt majority felt. Either you speak for yourself or for no one, there's no "community" when only one person is giving opinion.
Quote:
You want a reset? For once, stop whining and accept the changes. Please.
I did, I was sceptical first but I'm all for it now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 pm 

cool-player wrote:

You've been doing a little more than that. You have been demanding that the changes are done the way you want them.

Soulmancer said he was fine with a patch that was put together by the voice of the community. Well I listened to what the community wanted over several months and built a patch designed around that feedback. Then when it turns out that it didn't match YOUR desires, you start raising all sorts of protests.

Listen to the community? did that.
Listen to you exclusively? didn't do that.

There are things that not everyone wants in this patch. For example, I personally think that the inability for Hell/NM players to join a game made by someone in Norm/NM is going to be a bad decision. But, the community was pretty clear on that. The dev team members all felt that teleport needed a longer cooldown, but the community was pretty clear about that so the idea got tossed. I personally feel that 500% Enhanced dmg weapons all over the place makes the game too easy, however the voice of the community was clear that people want powerful items, so I built them in to the patch. Other people think that there should be all sorts of things, like runewords with auras and oskills.

So sure - there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion. Go for it - post away. For the past few months I have been encouraging it. However this stubborn bickering and whining when things don't go your way is just silly. Asteroth has been horrible with it and you seem to have jumped on his bandwagon. Let it go. I have personally spent a LOT of time on this and I am not happy at all that a handful of people are going to pull this last minute stunt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:11 pm 

then what about the players that keep telling me they will quit if this patch goes through and no you can't say you did what most the coommunity wanted cause most of the community don't use the forums. and won't cause of the drama and people refuseing to listen to what we they have to say an being shoot down and from what mancer said he heard form a lot of them. cause he got lots of complaints

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:18 pm 

Quote:
then what about the players that keep telling me they will quit if this patch goes through
Only one question: why do they tell you not here? UGH! I see
Quote:
most the coommunity wanted cause most of the community don't use the forums.
Someone took their brains.
Quote:
and won't cause of the drama and people refuseing to listen
How do they know people refuse to listen if they're not posting here? Getting more confused.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:15 pm 

Lol did you really delete my post? That's something else. It was probably the most intelligent post this forum has seen from anyone and you go ahead and delete it. Merely because I said that I thought you guys were acting like dicks. NOW I realise you're douche bags. Just my opinion...everyone got one *Classified* Oh well...boys will be boys. Too bad...I was starting to like playing again.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm 

Aoshi wrote:
Lol did you really delete my post?
http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?p=20042#p20042 not being much intelligent as you want to be seen
Quote:
It was probably the most intelligent post this forum has seen from anyone and you go ahead and delete it.
EPIC FAIL!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:50 pm 

what to get confused about don't yoou think they hear what going on the forums and they just don't want the drama nothing hard about thatso some just go though other players that use the forum or some just pm and don't post

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:53 pm 

Who are they?? FFS. Let everyone speak for him/herself.
Btw. I'm not native but sometimes I use dots but... oh nevermind.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:16 pm 

I'm not expert in english.and I think there have many people like me.
"Dont want to say much thing and dont want to give any opinion"
But I can tell you there have many people dont like the new patch and want to quit HU if the new patch is going like that change(Me too). And i can say my friend dont use the forum to tell about his opinion

I agree with u.cool-player.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:35 am 

Here is plan C how about you and kev and all that want to make hu in your own way just leave.. Hell it would stop most of the drama .. Sence hell you guys can't even be nice to the new comers here all you guys do is cut them up with bogus crap..So I say Get rid of BLue as a Modder here and Ban kev for him being a troll and when i mean troll look at your posts and how many you have when you have more then a modder there is something really wrong..Btw you guys can say all you wanted that all you guys have done was tested but let me say this just one time ..You can't test something that big without beta testing first and i mean on the realm not playing in SP thats not testing to make shit balance..AS i said in the when this all began 7 months ago when Jarl started the dev team cuz this mod wasn't to his standards..THings are easyer for a reason but does hell need to be hard yes but to change this mod in such a radical way isn't the answer at all..
and ya I love this mod do I fight to keep it what it is hell ya.. Just shows that i care and not just about my ego I care about the many that don't come here and post and after all of this bullshit fighting i'm done with this forum to its not worth the bullshit and baby ass time to deal with complete nubs that have nothing better to do with there life then to pick fights with people over the net..So have a nice day

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:55 am 

Alright. After straining my eyes to read through this epic shitstorm of a thread (sort of made my brain hurt trying to decipher a lot of the posts) I suppose I should comment.

I'm gonna ballhug here and say I fully support the patch, for what it's worth. A lot of you guys have been putting in real effort and real time into trying to improve this mod, and kudos to you. From what I've seen, multiple opinions have been considered and a lot of ideas tossed out. If you weren't retarded, your idea pretty much got considered and talked about.

People have been threatening to quit HU for all sorts of reasons, I don't see why this patch being implemented is any different. Change is good, and I feel the people behind this patch are just trying to improve HU, not radically change it. If I wanted to play a radically changed mod, I'd go play Median or some shit. The thing that attracted me to HU the most is it's Diablo II feel; it didn't stray too far. It just took something good, and built upon it in a cool direction, instead of revamping it like a lot of other mods did.
That's pretty much how I feel about this patch. Raising difficulty, fixing builds, etc, it's all pretty cool and I'd love to see it implemented.

tl;dr My 2 cents about supporting the patch, fuck the haters, etc. etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 am 
Game Server Host

Asteroth wrote:
I'm a faggy little fag and I'm afraid of a tricky game. SENCE when did everyone stop listening to meeeeee

better idea, you leave. What exactly have you done to the benefit of HU in the last 5 years? Please share it, as I can't thing of a single thing that you have done here except bitch, moan and complain. You hinder progress and claim to have had an active part in balancing the game when all you have done is cry like a baby when things don't go your way.

You get shit faced drunk and make a complete fool of yourself in the realm channel, try to rip on everyone then get squalched by them and cry like a baby while switching chars in a desperate attempt to get ANYONE to listen to what you have to say.

You are an epic fail and a complete joke. Go play your faggy starwars game, make E-Love to sandy and try to to get caught by your fat slobery bitch of a wife. :lol:

Good day sir!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:03 am 

My idea, directed to all (but mostly to the complainers): Let's make this patch, try it for a few months, and if it's seriously imbalanced (and worse than the current game), we change it back/fix it. What do you say?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:25 am 

Mancer Said This Just Last Night!!!!!QUOTE(Just remember, small changes, consensus based changes. As I said I have been modding HU for years and even slight changes in balancing can cause large sways in difficulty... I don't want Hell difficulty to be too casual, but it shouldn't be frustratingly extreme. I am more interested in striking a proper balance for gameplay and this can be difficult to do. The changes will have to be tested prior to the server reset.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 am 

Problems solved 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:53 am 
Game Server Host

cool-player wrote:
Mancer Said This Just Last Night!!!!!QUOTE(Just remember, small changes, consensus based changes. As I said I have been modding HU for years and even slight changes in balancing can cause large sways in difficulty... I don't want Hell difficulty to be too casual, but it shouldn't be frustratingly extreme. I am more interested in striking a proper balance for gameplay and this can be difficult to do. The changes will have to be tested prior to the server reset.)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:19 pm 

Blue-

your idea of item balance baffles me.

For example, you removed Cloak of Shadows from the unique armet. NOBODY uses the armet now, but you want to remove the 1 mod from it that makes it unique and perhaps something, someone, might want to use it for.

How can we support your edits when they do nothing but nerf and destroy? How many items did you improve or grant traits to that allow for new builds/variants? Did you remove the item-wrecking mods like RIP and weaken? Did you make tap on exile an oskill?

No, of course you didn't do anything useful like that. Instead you destroyed that dumb Armet.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 pm 

nedder wrote:
your idea of item balance baffles me.

I certainly encourage you to build a balance patch instead.

As for steelshade - rather than a useless helm that an assassin wouldn't ever use, it is now a helm for Holy Shock paladins which is feedback that came from Brevan (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2036&p=17793&hilit=steelshade#p17793) I have a lot of respect for Brevan's ideas as he is both knowledgeable and creative, so his views generally get included in the balance. If I do happen to return to editing the armor, I will implement it as he indicates (remove CL proc and give it light dmg)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:09 am 

Steelshade Armet has +oskill cloak of shadows. My point was that although few use it, someone might find a use/build for it.

But without even knowing what you're doing, you just went and deleted it.

You can't be trusted when you make mistakes like this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:18 am 

griswold is the best any auradin can get anyways ? if you bother getting facets ofc. but 9 skills 16 facets +1uber ameth = GGGGGG

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:42 am 

Exactly. Anyone who actually plays holy shockers knew that already and wasn't looking for a new helm with a scrap of unsynergized lightning damage.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:52 am 

what hoobadins need is more low lvl choices.
caster eq dont give enuff ias/ar and melee gear leaves you doing squat for damage. lvl 86 is the turning point, going from taking out targets one by one to running in the middle of groups and delivering carnage. also the quadratic %skill damage boost to holy auras are pretty much just eye-candy till you can gather dual elemental set rings(unless your lit) and zak ammy.(cold can get a nice amount in gloves aswell). leave hoobadins to those who use them imo. makeing more endgame gear for him isnt needed. have a look at mine. he has a ridiculus 13 free sockets and does fine without a single skiller(or unique charm) or facet, and some room for more damage in rings, and useing wrong boots.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:52 pm 

I've been eagerly awaiting this patch since summer along with a few buddies. I haven't read up on the complete list of changes but with the amount of oral diarrhea cool-player is spewing I'm convinced its headed in the right direction. Keep up the good work gentlemen!
Chances are we could see more than a handful worth of players on SC coming back who actually know how to play!

- T

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:15 pm 

well iam going by what mancer said he said no to major changes and he said only small changes and he said skillers stay but you guys that want patch just keep opushing it i thought this was mancer mod doesn't what he say count i think it does it's his mod and he sid little if at all + to str taking off of items so why keep pushing patch it's rude and disrepectful to mancer nd i have a great deal of repect for him and what he's done to this mod it's a great mod.....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 pm 
Game Server Host

wanna repeat yourself again plz? you have said that how many times now? People are free to discuss stuff so stop going on about it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:52 pm 

cool-player wrote:
well iam going by what mancer said he said no to major changes and he said only small changes and he said skillers stay but you guys that want patch just keep opushing it i thought this was mancer mod doesn't what he say count i think it does it's his mod and he sid little if at all + to str taking off of items so why keep pushing patch it's rude and disrepectful to mancer nd i have a great deal of repect for him and what he's done to this mod it's a great mod.....

I just want to be 100% clear (which is what I posted) because it determines what I am going to do. (Didn't I already say that in my first post?)

As I said here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2364 If Soulmancer wants a small little tweak patch, I have no interest in that and will let someone else put in the work (maybe you or Assteroth?). I don't do things that I am not enthusiastic about for this community.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:14 am 

Okay this is the last time i'm going to say this... 2 years ago this mod was set to 3 spawn diffaculty and with many balance changes with gear and other things to make this mod a challange and there was no bitching that we need radical change then.. In Dec of 09 Terry made a new patch to make the game more friendly for new comers but leaving the items and other things the same..Yes does this make the game much more easy yes .. But doesn't mean that we need huge change.. no it means the diffaculty needs to be put back to where it was when we properly beta tested everything back then..I said this 7 months ago when Jarl started this bullshit then and for so many that know so much you guys clearly don't know shit.. See you can insult me all you want don't bother me one bit but what does bother me is when I see people totally diss what Terry is saying its like spitting in his face..

And for you Blue to say .. If this patch don't happen i'm not working on anything else just shows how much of a baby you really are..
Here Blue I think you need a tissue to wipe your tears..

P.S. ISO ONYX

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 am 
Game Server Host

i'm not wasting my time on any of this anymore either. You have had how many months to get involved? Now at the last minute you hold up a reset by arguing about it ad demanding changes instead of asking for them while we were actually doing the work. You can make any changes that are requested soth, then a week from a reset, me and blue will demand changes and put it back another few months k? We could have been getting reset if it wasn't for your bull shit. If it didn't go well, it could have been reset to how it is now. But no "I NEVAR WANT TO GIB ANYFINK A CHANSE. I FEAR DE CHANCE YA?"

No wonder blue don't want to spend another 50 hours doing something that will be complained about at the very last minute and thrown out again. You are the one thats fucked everything up for everyone just so you know. GJ.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm 

yea and we could have had a reset with small changes like mancer wants and as said is going to happen if you and blue wouldn't have had to work on a patch so much of the community don't want then we could have had a reset earlier if mancer wanted it and we have the right to speak out our thoughts as mancer asked what the community wanted you and blue are just upset cause your dev patch was fought against most told you from the very being we didn't want major change a reinventing hu) the mod is great with out major change just small changes are all that is needed if there is to be any change at all that is up to mancer...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm 

Now srsly.

How can you let anything from the cool-player & Asteroth-bandwagon impact you and your decision-making. Don't mix kindergarden and democracy.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:34 pm 
Game Server Host

Who exactly would have to do the changes btw sandy? The goal was to reduce the workload terry has not make a list of suggestions that he would have to trawl through then implement.

FYI, I know more people who have quit due to it being easy than I do who have quit because it's too hard.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:42 pm 

change fine but not reinventing hu and making it totally differant then it is today and i know more i think that will quit if thei dev patch would have been done

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:51 pm 
Game Server Host

and nothing of value would be lost

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:30 pm 

mancer said he doesn't want to "reinvent hu", just small changes, because he doesn't have mood and time doing it. but there are some guys who already made it, so i don't think he'll discard it, because its pretty good and includes lot of suggestions from the community.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:32 pm 

I'm holding up reset.. Your a tool this patch is what is holding up reset.. if Jarl never started this shit in the first place reset would have happened in june for the kids and people getting out of school for the summer Instead you people with this dev team patch only thought about Your selfs a screwed all these people for a new ladder this last summer .. Ya thats nice let me tell ya.. Terry even said a year ago that there would be no major changes to hu and I even told you guys that to 7 months ago..
funny how good your memory is.. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:01 pm 

Fucking grandma & grandpa of HU, god forbid we try something different. Go play some bingo ya fucks, should be right up your alley as it never changes.

Is it really that hard to give Blue's patch a chance? He already stated if it doesn't get good feedback we can all go back to playing the same old shit. Seems like a win-win to me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:10 pm 

you seem to forgeting what mancer wants he said small changes he didn't want to reinvent hu.... and after all it is his mod not not anyone elses and mancer has stated this many times and yes i will keep repeating this casue you the others on the dev team seem to keep forgetting this

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:28 pm 

Oh fuck sake Mancer has been saying that since day one, stop chanting it like a goddamn mantra. Blue's changes are hardly reinventing anything. You're overreacting because you don't want your precious fucking time waster to change into anything you're not familiar with. Shit I'm pretty conservative myself about big changes to HU, but I'm certainly not so narrow minded to think it can't be improved simply because Terry isn't supervising every aspect.

Can you two assholes even give any reasonable explanation as to why you think the proposed patch is "reinventing" HU? All I've read is hurrdurr Terry said so! Limiting CB sounds like a great way to make boss fights harder whilst improving the usefulness of the...less boss friendly builds. Removing skillers? Big fucking deal, so damage scales down in hell, increasing the difficulty(something many people have been wanting). What else? The item changes? They hardly look to be anything drastic, a few mods changed here and there. Good for us, bout time we got an overhaul of all the shitty worthless uniques no one picks up. Alright I'm done rambling for now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:33 pm 
Game Server Host

drrod wrote:
Oh fuck sake Mancer has been saying that since day one, stop chanting it like a goddamn mantra. Blue's changes are hardly reinventing anything. You're overreacting because you don't want your precious fucking time waster to change into anything you're not familiar with. Shit I'm pretty conservative myself about big changes to HU, but I'm certainly not so narrow minded to think it can't be improved simply because Terry isn't supervising every aspect.

Can you two assholes even give any reasonable explanation as to why you think the proposed patch is "reinventing" HU? All I've read is hurrdurr Terry said so! Limiting CB sounds like a great way to make boss fights harder whilst improving the usefulness of the...less boss friendly builds. Removing skillers? Big fucking deal, so damage scales down in hell, increasing the difficulty(something many people have been wanting). What else? The item changes? They hardly look to be anything drastic, a few mods changed here and there. Good for us, bout time we got an overhaul of all the shitty worthless uniques no one picks up. Alright I'm done rambling for now.

The doc is on fire! :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:38 pm 

those were mancers words about the patch and you blue and purerage are just disrepecting mancer when he said no to the major changes in the patch and you keep going on and on about the patch the ones not wanting are going to keep saying they don't want it and what mancer says goes or that the way it should be but you 3 must not think so but most of the rest of us do and just because a few want the patch. theres more that don't and have been saying so from the time this patch came up and now....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:24 pm 

Please ignore cool-player and Asteroth and get the patch out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:28 pm 

must i keep repeating myself mancer is one that says what goes in to the patch and he's already said the dev patch to major of a change... he only wants small changes

Offline Profile  

but small changes and no reinventing HU... rofl ffs... drama of the year.

Offline Profile  

cool-player wrote:
those were mancers words about the patch and you blue and purerage are just disrepecting mancer when he said no to all the major changes in the patch and you keep going on and on about the patch the ones not wanting are going to keep saying they don't want it and what mancer says goes or that thte way it should be but you 3 must not think so but most of the rest of us do and just because a few want the patch. theres more that don't and have been saying so from the time this patch came up

Jesus man. More than a few people want this patch. And again, all you keep doing is repeating the same line over and fucking over. You're like a god damn broken record.

Give it a rest. Can you convey even one constructive thought about why the patch shouldn't be put into effect instead of quoting Mancer? You have no real opinions or anything constructive to add to this thread or the mod. Why are you even posting? If Mancer doesn't want the patch, he won't have it. Jesus fuck man, quit preaching the same shit over and over like the word of God.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:49 pm 

ive only got one thing to say about this whole situation, the only reason i left is lack of people to quest and lvl with. plain and simple along with the mojority of the people that did leave. not that many left due to easiness of it. most got bored of trying to grind alone. i believe advertisement and realm wiped clean with maybe some minor adjustments would be the best course of action

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:52 pm 

I don't chime in much or play very often anymore but I've been around since the start of this mod and hosted one of the first game servers for it. I've seen and heard all kinds of ideas over the years, and many of these being proposed don't fundamentally alter the mod.

Plain and simple the offer to open this up to what is essentially a beta should render most of the arguments against it moot.

If Terry truly did want this to be a community patch another suggestion would be to open up a poll about whether or not to implement the patch, then it would be the voice of the community that actually uses the forum deciding.

Terry has asked for and rejected many ideas over the years not the least of which is still my pet peeve that many of the dungeons are too large for those of us that can't play for more than an hour at any given time :P, sorry couldn't help it.

In the end it is his mod and if he comes on these boards and states that he does not want a specific change then it should not be implemented, anyone else trying to second guess at what he is okay with is full of it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:04 pm 

yea what mancer said should be enough....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:02 pm 

cool-player wrote:

I've yet to see a post by Terry regarding not implementing the patch, you are simply trying to guess at whether or not he would be okay with it, give it time he'll show up and put in his opinion eventually.

I am neither supporting your statements nor refuting them but repeating it over and over like a mantra makes you seem more a fool than anything else.

Put it up as a beta let people play it and if Terry or the community dislikes it take it down and put back the rather craptacular version that there is now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:32 pm 

Agreed with Andretium.

Abominae ur talking to a lady, do u think its alright to make such a disgusting text like that? I mean its alright that ur opinion is that, but u could be a grown up man and act like one, say it out in a proper form.
Also do u think it makes any sense to her? It has been sayd a lot of times still she feels that she has to react, u whont change her mind trust me :)

Well said Eurofox.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:41 pm 

Andretium::yes mancer has posted he's post more then once and he has said he small changes and some of what he would do in a patch

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:26 am 

Sirmok wrote:
Agreed with Andretium.

Abominae ur talking to a lady, do u think its alright to make such a disgusting text like that? I mean its alright that ur opinion is that, but u could be a grown up man and act like one, say it out in a proper form.
Also do u think it makes any sense to her? It has been sayd a lot of times still she feels that she has to react, u whont change her mind trust me :)

Well said Eurofox.

Before you tell me how to speak, I think you should work on your literacy, sir. I don't think you have any right to comment on someone's speech when you can barely type a coherent paragraph. Don't get all white knight on me, brother. Women wanted equal rights, I'll treat someone who is being ignorant the same regardless of their gender.

That being said, is it wrong to get frustrated over someone repeating the same thing with no constructive points? Her argument, in a nutshell, boils down to "NO U". That's no way to have a discussion. I will treat ignorant people who cannot argue/discuss things intelligently with disrespect, because they are disrespecting themselves by acting like that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:34 am 

Sirmok u grow up or ur small d*ck.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:37 am 

cool-player wrote:
Andretium::yes mancer has posted he's post more then once and he has said he small changes and some of what he would do in a patch

If you are referring to this post, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2336, Terry clearly stated he neither has the time nor desire to continue with making changes to the mod but is clearly okay with blue doing so provided the changes are explained in a manner which he can review and that the majority of the community is good with. You are basing your argument on a single sentence out of context.

Change is good for the mod, it has been every single time there has been a patch whether the patch was good or bad.

Blue has said he is willing to put it up as essentially a beta and if the community doesn't like it he will take it down, so if its good everyone gets a reset and a new patch to play with and if its not you still get your reset. I fail to see why there is so much bitching.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:03 am 

no iam not baseing it on a single sentence mancer has post more then just that once the one iam going by is on page 17 in the same topic were he says some things that he might do....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:50 am 
Game Server Host

This sum's up cool-player's posts

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:58 am 

emphasis on the repeat. i dont even know which thread im reading cause i continually see the same mancer said blah blah mancer blah [dev patch blah lah not right blah blah blah skiller qqqq.
every thread.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:49 pm 

may cool-player never feel the need to post again and continue beating a dead horse thz
cool-player wrote:
why do that mancer already said no reventing hu just some balanceing why keep going and beating a dead horse and mancer said he was not going to remove skilleer if you do what you want even on a temp. time there going to be a lot that will quit that alll i have heard in the last 3 days. why keep pushing the dev patch ... when so many has mancer has even said has complained about it is want a community patch not the dev team patch... mancer want to come to a middle ground not keep pushing the dev team patch and i agree with mancer and as you said it is his mod and what he says goes and he has said what he wants........ ok so just stop aready and taske mancers word instead of keep pushing this dev patch.... he may use some of it or he may not don't keep pushing it on the most of the community that don't want it it's not fair to then or mancer when he said something and you just disreguard it

cool-player wrote:
that not what they want they want to reuinvent hu change it completely not just a little like you are saying that all iam saying don't reinvent hu little change fine major change not good idea cause like mancer said the community don't like major ( big long changes)

cool-player wrote:
alot have quit cause the patch and reset is taking to long to and some have quit cause of the talk of reset like always but pushing the patch is not the way to go ,,, it will just make more players angry and quit i heard them say this so why keep going cause the bottom line is mancer desides it's his mod

cool-player wrote:
mancer said this:::Maybe increase the level of skillers... not get rid of them

cool-player wrote:
Bob908 said in another post think whatever changes are made we have a solid reference to a week or so before reset if at all possible......) and i say this should be done so the community has a chance to read the changes being made and then they can say if they want the chances or not since mancer wants the general consensus of the community

cool-player wrote:
but there is a lot of the community that don't want major change and don't like it like mancer said that is all i have heard from players the last 3 days that the changes are just to majorand most of the dev team changes are just to major

cool-player wrote:
why not drop the tking away of skillers mancer has already said they stay the only thing he has said is he may change them to lvl 90 so why keep beating a dead horseROFL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL[color=#FF0000][/color] that part has been desided....

cool-player wrote:
mancer has aready said skillers stay and he may change the lvl to 85 or90 to make them harder to find..... and mancer has the mod and the community in mind when he says what should be done and not doing any major changes that will reinvent hu....blue and some of the dev team only want to keep pushing the dev patch not careing that so many are against it and keep pushing even after mancer said no major changes and has said many time little changes

cool-player wrote:
blue can't make it happen when mancer already said the changes were to major and he only wants small changes and it is mancers mod not blues everyone that wants the patch makes it sound like what mancer want don't count thats just wrong when he has [stated] a few times what he wants

cool-player wrote:
mancer already said skillers stay but may be made lvl 90 i vote no to taking skillers away

cool-player wrote:
no iam not baseing it on a single sentence mancer has post more then just that once the one iam going by is on page 17 in the same topic were he says some things that he might do....

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:
must i keep repeating myself mancer is one that says what goes in to the patch and he's already said the dev patch to major of a change... he only wants small changes

cool-player wrote:
those were mancers words about the patch and you blue and purerage are just disrepecting mancer when he said no to the major changes in the patch and you keep going on and on about the patch the ones not wanting are going to keep saying they don't want it and what mancer says goes or that the way it should be but you 3 must not think so but most of the rest of us do and just because a few want the patch. theres more that don't and have been saying so from the time this patch came up and now....

cool-player wrote:
you seem to forgeting what mancer wants he said small changes he didn't want to reinvent hu.... and after all it is his mod not not anyone elses and mancer has stated this many times and yes i will keep repeating this casue you the others on the dev team seem to keep forgetting this

cool-player wrote:
change fine but not reinventing hu and making it totally differant then it is today and i know more i think that will quit if thei dev patch would have been done

cool-player wrote:
yea and we could have had a reset with small changes like mancer wants and as said is going to happen if you and blue wouldn't have had to work on a patch so much of the community don't want then we could have had a reset earlier if mancer wanted it and we have the right to speak out our thoughts as mancer asked what the community wanted you and blue are just upset cause your dev patch was fought against most told you from the very being we didn't want major change a reinventing hu) the mod is great with out major change just small changes are all that is needed if there is to be any change at all that is up to mancer...

cool-player wrote:
well iam going by what mancer said he said shit is getting srs nowno to major changes and he said only small changes and he said skillers stay but you guys that want patch just keep opushing it i thought this was mancer mod doesn't what he say count i think it does it's his mod and he sid little if at all + to str taking off of items so why keep pushing patch it's rude and disrepectful to mancer nd i have a great deal of repect for him and what he's done to this mod it's a great mod.....

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:
then what about the players that keep telling me they will quit if this patch goes through and no you can't say you did what most the coommunity wanted cause most of the community don't use the forums. and won't cause of the drama and people refuseing to listen to what we they have to say an being shoot down and from what mancer said he heard form a lot of them. cause he got lots of complaints

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:
mancer has already said some of the changes were a no go like the taking away of skiller takeing the + to str off of item he said lower them not take them off completely if he already said that so why keep pushing them it just not right

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:59 pm 
Game Server Host

pieces of 8, pieces of 8, WAAAARK!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:33 am 

Zikur wrote:
may cool-player never feel the need to post again and continue beating a dead horse thz
cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:
mancer said this:::Maybe increase the level of skillers... not get rid of them

cool-player wrote:
Bob908 said in another post think whatever changes are made we have a solid reference to a week or so before reset if at all possible......) and i say this should be done so the community has a chance to read the changes being made and then they can say if they want the chances or not since mancer wants the general consensus of the community

cool-player wrote:
but there is a lot of the community that don't want major change and don't like it like mancer said that is all i have heard from players the last 3 days that the changes are just to majorand most of the dev team changes are just to major

cool-player wrote:
why not drop the tking away of skillers mancer has already said they stay the only thing he has said is he may change them to lvl 90 so why keep beating a dead horseROFL LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL[color=#FF0000][/color] that part has been desided....

cool-player wrote:
mancer has aready said skillers stay and he may change the lvl to 85 or90 to make them harder to find..... and mancer has the mod and the community in mind when he says what should be done and not doing any major changes that will reinvent hu....blue and some of the dev team only want to keep pushing the dev patch not careing that so many are against it and keep pushing even after mancer said no major changes and has said many time little changes

cool-player wrote:
blue can't make it happen when mancer already said the changes were to major and he only wants small changes and it is mancers mod not blues everyone that wants the patch makes it sound like what mancer want don't count thats just wrong when he has [stated] a few times what he wants

cool-player wrote:
mancer already said skillers stay but may be made lvl 90 i vote no to taking skillers away

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:
well iam going by what mancer said he said shit is getting srs nowno to major changes and he said only small changes and he said skillers stay but you guys that want patch just keep opushing it i thought this was mancer mod doesn't what he say count i think it does it's his mod and he sid little if at all + to str taking off of items so why keep pushing patch it's rude and disrepectful to mancer nd i have a great deal of repect for him and what he's done to this mod it's a great mod.....

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

cool-player wrote:

rofl....i never lold so hard, but you guys are assholes for harassing this girl.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:15 am 

Wow do you people have a life ? Man to sit here all day and fight with people is just insane.. Ohh btw nice moderating going on around here let me tell ya keep up the great job. :lol:
Ya I think that needs to change to .. The shit thats bean going on around this forum is sad .. Sad to the point to where 85 to 90 % of the community won't even post here..And before you go and blame me get it right its the hole damn forum and everyone in it acting like tools..Hate to say this but this realm is a far cry from what it was back in the day.. :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:14 am 

LMT 4 moderator

vote me in.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:41 pm 

I vote my self ..No bias and no bullshit and would never let this crap ever get this out of hand...Sry not modding d2 atm cuz Hu don't really need it..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:16 pm 
Game Server Host

LMAO, yeh good luck with that Bicker Mc'Bickery

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:32 pm 

*vote* for LmT.
I have to agree.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:36 pm 

Sirmok wrote:
*vote* for LmT.
I have to agree.

we've been there, done that. Didn't work out so well.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:40 pm 

That feels bad caus actually he/she looks like who cares about ethics :/
nvm then.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:51 pm 

id go for moderator but i dont think id have the support

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 pm 
Game Server Host

These are probs the most free speaking forums around, no problems with that imo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:09 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
It seems like the new bandwagon argument from some folks is to "move in moderation". Perhaps they worry that the mod is going to be ruined.

Ok - there is a simple solution to that. We roll this patch with all of its controversial crap included (no skillers, reduced Crushing blow, sweeping changes to items, in ability for people to join games of different difficulty) and if it completely sucks balls, we go back to what we have now. Not like it is hard to simply reinstall an earlier version of HU.

I agree, I don't see what the deal on teh changes are. If there's a new patch and 1 kid cries cuz of something he missed, TOO BAADD DEAL WITH IT.

Abominae wrote:
@Blue
Hmmm.... Sometimes I believe your logic is on another fucked up plane of existence.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:49 am 

Sirmok wrote:
That feels bad caus actually he/she looks like who cares about ethics :/
nvm then.

LOL
also i agree with purerage. if ur gonna get ur panties in a bunch then tooo bad. and if ur gonna say the same thing 1412424514 times somebody might point it out. too bad, soo sad. i dont feel bad for somebody who is unable to form a real argument.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:06 pm 

if i wana argue i go to the argument section.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 pm 

is there a thread with all changes included in patch blue? or rage? id like to know so if not would it be to much of a prob to pm it to me. cuz if it gets popular again ill reopen my server up again if needed and definatly be back into action ty for any responses beforehand. and whoever knows me that plays pm me if youd like to start some new chars id love to make a new group on sc with some ppl

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:24 am 

Just a little bit of wisdom, that's all we need. Let us not forget that anything that stays the same is a tad bit boring. I'm sure I could you a long explanation on why continuous change is needed for a game like HU to prosper but I won't. The reality is, it's in our nature to become sick of the same thing all the time. With that being said, there is no need for an explanation.

Change is important for this mod to stay alive. The desire to play at every reset with minimal change decreases each time, and therefor player base becomes smaller and smaller until all work, everything done is in vain. The question then is... how does the Mod Creator ensure that his work stays alive? Consistent change on a continual basis is needed to create desirable play and sustain the current population.

Blue should be hailed, you should put a crown on his head, finally someone with enough influence to initiate some change, wow? That's a first? The power is partially in Blues hands and he came up with an idea to reinvent the mod and people complain? Seriously, let any elite player here tell you how much anxiously they wait each reset because I am sure that desire DIES upon every mention of a RESET with many of those already gone because anything that stays the same can't last forever.. especially for entertaining purposes. People are tired of the same thing over and over, It's time for change, no Barrack Obama please. I mean CHANGE, big changes should be and need to be done.. It's only way to increase desire to play and even possibly BUILD a player base.

This mod is at the point now where It has hit pinnacle point in it's player base. With that being said.. the only options left are maintaining what we have in player base, losing players or finally gaining players.

With that being said.. I think major changes should be done and anyone who wants to argue about it, can't. Bye.

Trust me.. you don't want to be the next guy hacking servers, implement some change. ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:51 am 

Eurofox wrote:
is there a thread with all changes included in patch blue? or rage?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2382

Thx for the post Lee, that was nicely written with a good bit of humor at the end.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:41 am 

And Lee drops by with a glock colder than winter.

Sad day

Good post

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:57 pm 

Okay after giving this alot of thinking... I will be happy to test this patch .. But if we do this it needs to be a test (beta) but then i come to the next question will most want another reset this quik..???
Blue I don't attack you because of silly reasons I say shit its becuase of this .. You make rw's ya cool but did you ever test them or see if there like another item in the game example.. Plague its a lv 35 armor rw for psn chars.. Most of these same stats are found on a lvl 27 unique now to me thats not doing you homework all to well now is it..
Now i'm just saying this if we are going to be here together we need to see eye to eye with one an other to.. 8-)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:04 pm 

Hail Blue for what he isn't the first here that has done this ...... There have bean many here that wanted change Hmmm Onyx Trevor.. Ohh ya thats right they made there own mods ... Sry my bad.. Zzzzzzz Lmao

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:22 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Plague its a lv 35 armor rw for psn chars.. Most of these same stats are found on a lvl 27 unique now to me thats not doing you homework all to well now is it..

You have no idea just how much homework I do. When I say that I spent 3-4 days evaluating unique armor, I am not underestimating or understating it. More often than not, my grip on the matters at hand is so far beyond your understanding not because I am some how magically smarter than you, but because I have invested a significantly greater time in to the analysis than you.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 am 

Asteroth wrote:
Hail Blue for what he isn't the first here that has done this ...... There have bean many here that wanted change Hmmm Onyx Trevor.. Ohh ya thats right they made there own mods ... Sry my bad.. Zzzzzzz Lmao

and io-solidsnake :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:48 pm 

And now blue is deleting posts he doesn't like.

Just apply your little patch and do the reset already.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:04 pm 

whats the point of splitting this community to start a new one when it is this community that wants most of these changes implemented. almost the entire server community im sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:47 am 

About 80% of the changes I'm 100% behind. I fully understand the time and effort put in by people such as Blue. Never said I wasn't anywhere on these forums, except when I first read them. However, A few things I'd like to see a bit less nerfage on. Items like Glassglare which has 50% all res being dropped to 20%. Some classes using 2 hand weaps would need other sources of res to make up for it. I've said in the past some changes, would be better if split down the middle. The changes to DR, after some thought I like, and feel altering BER runes to 1% cb and 5% dr would go well with proposed changes. The idea of nerfing skillers while adding skills to shards is a good one, with a small change. Instead of giving them 1 to each class skill do this: +1-2 to one class. People would need to make a concerted effort in farming them, also if this is done remove heroes reward. That would still give a nice amout of +skills available while reducing max skill level attainable. I'm against having 500+ed weapons, makes the game much less difficult. C'mon rollong a 600%+ed rare with 4 socs is overkill. Then add in say 4 60%ed jewels for an additional 240%ed, can you say overkill? It's entirely possible to hit over 1000%ed based on the way it is now. Some of the changes proposed will have people crying "roll it back" a month after reset. That's my 2 cents worth here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:05 am 

Quote:
C'mon rollong a 600%+ed rare with 4 socs is overkill
Imo it's not, eth zerker axe on my din using zeal does 17k dmg - vs bosses(andy on 1ppl game on hell has like hm, 300k hp? multiply that by spawn) it's nowhere as good as CB. Nerfing cb and not giving more dmg will only undervalue melee chars. 500%+ dmg is only my suggestion I presume, and I'm not in so called dev team so no worries.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:04 pm 

Hey just thought I'd chime in and just say that me and my brothers are looking forward to the patch with all the changes Blue has made. Thanks for the hard work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:25 pm 

Hmmmm. I get it, nerf the shit out of many things but boost the hell out of melee dmg. I'm calling bullshit here, all it's doing is moving dmg from one source to another. Also, with CS and DS there is another add to dmg. Factor in amp on top, even more dmg delivered. As it is, cb is only effective to a point, then other dmg sources take over, excessive melee dmg will make those fights too easy. With the higher dmg items available soon a good melee char will be able to virtually solo this mod. I feel going this far with melee dmg is overkill. Max dmg on ANY weapon should be 550% especially eth rares/crafteds for the sake of balance. The very idea behind this patch is to restore difficulty in playing, extremely high ed on and off weapon is the wrong way to go.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:33 pm 

Quote:
I get it, nerf the shit out of many things but boost the hell out of melee dmg. I'm calling bullshit here, all it's doing is moving dmg from one source to another.
? It's not like 100% more ed will somehow "emulate" CB, you certainly dunno what are you talking about, as melee chars need high dmg to leech from bosses (you remember hell bosses has 5%+-leech efficient), also what's wrong in melee chars killing/tanking bosses? It exist in every game, but now in d2 CB is the cheap(you can get 20 very easy, 25 easy, and 30 with a more than one item sacrifice - NOW) way to kill them, you don't need 500% for anything right now, as mercs/sorcs kill trash, you cb bosses.
Quote:
Max dmg on ANY weapon should be 550% especially eth rares/crafteds for the sake of balance.
what balance?? you ever saw pure damage barb killing diablo? my barb this ladder couldn't kill andy without amp/CB, and he did 25k(he does 48k max with 511% ETH ZODed tm, 90lvl) dmg at that point... smiter with 30cb could kill her within 1min.
If I had my password back I could run with you and show you some things if you're on hell, because you're full of nonsense(no offence).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:10 pm 

Although rather new to HU, I know game mechanics better than you think. Sure currently a smiter with decent cb can drop most bosses in short order. I'm just saying that replacing cb with higher melee dmg isn't the answer. Yes, I realize higher dmg equals better leeching, that's not the point. The team is looking at an almost total removal of cb, with the exception of a select few 2h late game uniques. Look at it this way, 1% cb on a 2h weapon on ur same barb, no other class with cb, how long is that fight? Pumping melee dmg to 1000% on a melee weap will not replace cb, I agree, but this is a TEAM mod afterall. Nor will making it easier to get high %'s of DS/CS both of which double melee dmg. Also, I remember Pure talking about his meteor sorc killing nearly everything, nerfing them? Not likely, there is a major balance problem here. The point I have been trying to get guys like Pure, Blue and the dev team to look at is they're re-inventing HU for a select group/class of players, and not considering how it affects other less experienced (on HU anyway) players. It's one thing to make a game challenging, but with all the adjustments being suggested, I feel it's a bit of over-adjusting. Thus far, the adjustments have been tested via tcp/ip games, not nearly the same as on the realms. Once these changes hit the realms, I look for opinions to shift drastically.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:18 pm 

Quote:
Although rather new to HU, I know game mechanics better than you think
I never said something about your d2 knowledge, but that's cleaver - my comments you're new means you don't know how realm looks like when it comes for parties. Reality vs game mechanics I could say.
Quote:
Pumping melee dmg to 1000% on a melee weap will not replace cb, I agree, but this is a TEAM mod afterall.
I agree, that's why I said melee tanks/kills bosses
Quote:
The point I have been trying to get guys like Pure, Blue and the dev team to look at is they're re-inventing HU for a select group/class of players, and not considering how it affects other less experienced (on HU anyway) players.
1000% agree on that, first they made priv suggestions where all changes were made, then took some suggestions from free for all subforum saying it's all forums changes. I don't mind as I'd see myself as troll if I were anyone of them ROFL

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:32 pm 

kwikster wrote:
The point I have been trying to get guys like Pure, Blue and the dev team to look at is they're re-inventing HU for a select group/class of players, and not considering how it affects other less experienced (on HU anyway) players.

Your point was heard and followed. I have considered how these changes will effect less experienced HU players and have made the changes accordingly. Just because I came up with a different conclusion that you doesn't mean I didn't consider the statements you are saying, it is just that I saw things differently.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 pm 

blue_myriddn wrote:
Your point was heard and followed. I have considered how these changes will effect less experienced HU players and have made the changes accordingly. Just because I came up with a different conclusion that you doesn't mean I didn't consider the statements you are saying, it is just that I saw things differently.

So how soon we getting the new patch? I agree you took time to listen, but seems the teams mind had already been made up. There are a few skills that to me seem a bit op, like meteor. Since only fire skills can stack, couldn't they use a bit of nerfing? Staking meteors and hitting 100k dps is ridiculous.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:58 pm 
Game Server Host

kwikster wrote:
blue_myriddn wrote:

So how soon we getting the new patch? I agree you took time to listen, but seems the teams mind had already been made up. There are a few skills that to me seem a bit op, like meteor. Since only fire skills can stack, couldn't they use a bit of nerfing? Staking meteors and hitting 100k dps is ridiculous.

Meteor absolutely requires a tank along with it to be effective. You only hit those numbers when you have 19 skillers, anni heart and brain and 130% passive pierce.
The build is fine without skill charms. Having played it twice this season. The fire tree hasn't got the AoE of the lightning tree or the safety/aoe of the cold tree. Play the build untwinked and you`ll get a better perspective on it.
Poison nec would be fine with no skill charms too with minor adjustments. They are what throw the numbers off. The skills i question have a very high tier 5 damage in the txt files while most other skills are pretty linear. Tier 5 damages are the ones effected mostly by skill charms.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:37 am 

couldnt this tier 5 column b changed then to make them more linear?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:28 am 
Game Server Host

yeh it can be

Offline Profile