Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

Post subject: Plan for the patch
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:10 am 

*update*

The design on the patch it to fix some identified balance issues and will be small in scope. So I will let someone else tackle the project and back out at this point.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Plan for the patch
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 am 
Game Server Host

There are a few other things and one that I forgot to do that was not actually suggested. The main one being, fixing necro's blades so you can walk through them and the barbs blade. The suggested one was phoenix strike being made to release all charges at the same time and golems AI delay being reduced to 7 frames from 15

On a side note, I've given some thought to the grim ward replacement and I figured I'd share the idea. What about having the original grim warb but instead of flee, it provides slow? If that's preferred then np.

Ps. can you pm me the skills.txt monstats.txt and monstats2.txt and i`ll get those done.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 pm 

hope more things gona be in that patch then just that :) i mean i would rather wait a bit more for more extras

Last edited by Sirmok on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 pm 
Game Server Host

all the skill adjustments can be found in the "skill testers needed thread" in the organised suggestions forum. They were a small job in comparison to a complete items overhaul though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:29 pm 

guess now that this is comeing .. i rather use my time to help out the patch then to lvl new characters or such.
Gona read about that skilltester thingy

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:32 pm 
Game Server Host

bare with me for half an hour while i adjust what needs adjusted and i`ll update the completed skills etc.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 pm 

I remember Brian had lots of ideas about spearzones at the time of patch Z
Also im a humble servant if u need help

Edit: Removed the "fail" part :p

Last edited by Sirmok on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:38 pm 
Game Server Host

theres a thread about items in the suggestion forum im sure

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:06 pm 

Thanks! This is awesome cant wait -_-;

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:13 pm 

Is it nearly reset?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:37 am 

Sounds good guys. Definitely appreciate all the work everyone is putting into this. Pretty cool after all this time HU is still pumping out new content/patches. I'm really excited to see what you guys do, this has gotta be the most community influenced patch. Hoping that's a good thing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:42 am 

I hope your not talking the patch that you and that dev team made cuz most of those idea came from mostly just the dev team cuz the community for the most part was cut out of it or don't even come to the forums and most of there ideas where shot down..
Make the game 3 spawn again .. and here's a hint DON"T FIX SOMTHING THAT ISN"T BROKE...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:55 am 

Asteroth wrote:
I hope your not talking the patch that you and that dev team made cuz most of those idea came from mostly just the dev team cuz the community for the most part was cut out of it or don't even come to the forums and most of there ideas where shot down..
Make the game 3 spawn again .. and here's a hint DON"T FIX SOMTHING THAT ISN"T BROKE...

enough with your bitter grapes. I have taken feedback from anyone who provides it. If it seems to fit with the overall vision, it gets implemented. If not - it doesn't.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:55 pm 

sour grapes!!!! hmmmmm so this is what we get when we post our feelings about the patch mancer said to post our thoughts on the patch he wanted community feedback on and as this being a community patch lmao that funny this is a dev team patch and maybe a few others always was and always will be ..but not the thoughts of what most of the community ...cause all i hear are players against the patch

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:28 pm 

well i am a casual player and most ppl should be casual players. if the game becomes unplayable without putting hours and hours a day into playing then ill be forced to quit. i am looking forward to the patch, maybe having new items, differnt set ups, new graphics(whatever that means) some nerfing on summons, and even making the game slightly harder is what i am looking forward to. for ppl that say its to easy, go get a full time job. lol. just what i think should be a good patch.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:50 pm 
Game Server Host

cool-player wrote:
funny this is a dev team patch and maybe a few others always was and always will be

The time you spent crying when it was announced tht there was a group of us putting ideas together could have been spent coming up with suggestions. You decided to mon about it though and complain that you were not involved when you have every opertunity to get involved. Make your mind up and change your tampon.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:11 pm 

i didn't want involved with the dev team cause it's bs what the dev team is doing to the patch( i wouldn't want a part in changes iam mostlyagainst)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:39 pm 

Personally I would eliminate skillers and stop there for now.

It will certainly be fun (see train wreck) to see how the game plays with so many changes made at once.

How long will we have to wait for another patch to fix all the ideas that went too far?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:07 pm 
Game Server Host

nedder wrote:
How long will we have to wait for another patch to fix all the ideas that went too far?

1 year, give or take :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:33 pm 

U might not laugh for a year then :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:48 pm 

so your saying if things in the patch mess up builds and if somethings don't work out then we have to wait a whole year or longer to have them fixed wow thats something to laugh about ...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:48 pm 
Game Server Host

cool-player wrote:
so your saying if things in the patch mess up builds and if somethings don't work out then we have to wait a whole year or longer to have them fixed wow thats something to laugh about ...

If you take this game any more seriously you are gonna burst a blood vessel, chill the fuck out and get a grip, christ. Are you really that sad?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:09 am 

Says the one who wana change a game wich was already fun to play, to hes own fancy? Sorry but atleast Cool doesnt wana change the free time of (idk how much but must be a hundred atleast) players with a risk of ruining a rly good mod maker's 5-6 year of work. Actually if we there .. who takes it seriously .. the one who plays it as a free time activity ..or the one who makes it ? Giveing up time money .. family etc
I met Cool on the realm .. and my experience is that hes a rly helpful and usually AFK player, meaning he not rly takes the game as hes life rather as i already mentioned, a way to meet new ppl and have a good free time.
Cool's only fault is that he actually CAREs :D

As i posted in this topic already, im not against the changes but i rather wait a bit more just to see sthing great happening. For example i saw that Blue posted the first topic about these things at around july, and still there are ppl who just now open their eyes and start telling their words.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:00 am 
Game Server Host

to my own fancy? First of all, you don't know wtf you are talking about. The only think I've done that wasn't suggested by someone else ws make you able to walk through blades. I put my free time into helping make the suggested changes happen. What have you and cool-player done? the answer is nothing but you still complain at every fucking turn, it's getting old. The fact that you call her "he" shows just how little you know about what's been going on.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 pm 

root post updated.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:29 pm 

So from slash and burn to using the jeweler's screwdriver.

I think we should have a poll about eliminating skill charms.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:32 pm 

I cant wait to play the new patch. Good times :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:24 pm 

see train wreck
/thread

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:10 pm 

Alls I have to say is that with the community dwindling as it has been I am not foreseeing a good thing coming out of alot of changes all at once. Will people even be interested in coming back when you reset now? People have been crying for a reset for a while and I realize this is no democracy, BUT if the community dies...there is no point in a new patch. Mancer has stated MANY times that this is a multiplayer mod, to which I agree. Without having at least one other person you're not going to get far. With the community as small as it is...I barely play anymore. Well...shit I kinda forget where I was going with that. Oh well all in all. Seems like you guys have turned into dicks to be honest. Reminds me why I never played Mancer's mod when Soulonyx and Mancer split. Then AGAIN when Mathematics made his own mod. Yes I've been playing that long =P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:45 pm 

What was your onyx acc hoob?:d we werent that many i should remember you

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:17 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
to my own fancy? First of all, you don't know wtf you are talking about. The only think I've done that wasn't suggested by someone else ws make you able to walk through blades. I put my free time into helping make the suggested changes happen. What have you and cool-player done? the answer is nothing but you still complain at every fucking turn, it's getting old. The fact that you call her "he" shows just how little you know about what's been going on.

Maybe u didnt change a thing but what u say is also sthing that ppls consider when they choose an option, and i know that u are contributing to this game for a rly long time now, not only talking about ur hosting wich is pretty damn good.
Go ahead try to find a weak point in my wall of text. This is not about me anyway, i might just choose to stay silent for the rest of the time like many, i can see their point, and have fun. Yeah i didnt do anything for the mod, thats right, i even say i dont have to pay for it so why open my mouth? oh wait .. u guys asked it. Ah cba.
Uhm He who is She wich was a major mistake.

About the community thingie, for the last 3 years i registered on this forum only to see when reset comes. Basicly what i did is hit the search button see when the next reset date is comeing and say " oh right so in 3 weeks i can play with my old friends " And had fun. I dont know why i changed my way of thinking it feels wrong. I just seen that 2 words i guess " community suggestions "

Sorry if it felt offending, i didnt mean to. Just wanted to show that i actually agree with Cool. And u felt a bit offending to me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:53 pm 
Game Server Host

Quote:
Says the one who wana change a game wich was already fun to play, to hes own fancy?

Saying that it's allwhat I want was wrong and not very constructive. If that was the case, teleport would have a 10 sec cooldown, smite wouldn't auto hit and the entire sorc skills tree's would be changed to allow for multi element builds plus alot more. None of that is happening. That was my point

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:57 am 

Another issue to why I don't want to see this patch is this .. Look at all the changes and all of them.. Its going to push this mod to an even more unbalanced thing and making it more of a caster mod then it already is.
See this mod shifted in a major way when we removed Ci from most builds (Fury) comes to mind here.. After that you seen the rise of all the caster builds.. Now making the game harder changing most of the gear isn't really herting the casters its herting the melee chars like removing cb dr fhr vita whoring ex...This is the life blood to most melee chars and with out it there just going to die off ..And another thing to to add is you want a game thats rewording at end game not lame.. Like who wants to grind for a months for a lvl 95 item to come and find out my lvl 60 rw is better.. DarkForce is the example here 5 to necro skills okay seems fine... But going from 7xx def to 3xx is way to much of a drop.. 30 res all come on plz Dscale has 50. Now a pally at lvl 60 ish can make Exile with 1xxx def 45 res all Difiance arua .. I can go on but you get the idea.. You have to be very carefull with what you alter in any game or it shifts the balance ..

Heres my idea instead of going crazy over this patch.. reset the realm back to what it was when it was 3 spawn diffaculty and flag tps again and see the differance before we go this route and you people might see what i'm saying ... I remmber many bitching on the old forums the mod was way to hard .. Quote from that time.. I Can't believe I need a necro for every boss cuz amp is needed all the time..
And before you start i'm not sitting here tring to fight with you all just staighting facts..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:26 am 

Asteroth wrote:
(...)just staighting facts..

:lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:58 am 

Asteroth wrote:
But going from 7xx def to 3xx is way to much of a drop.. 30 res all come on plz Dscale has 50. Now a pally at lvl 60 ish can make Exile with 1xxx def 45 res all Difiance arua .. I can go on but you get the idea.. You have to be very carefull with what you alter in any game or it shifts the balance ..

Must agree here, nerfing the end game gear is a bad idea imo. But well, I'll quit if it's too lame.
btw. I bet Blue's gonna post he put more than 15h's into it and he won't alter it(no offence, just seeing some pattern here)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:19 pm 

Asteroth wrote:
Like who wants to grind for a months for a lvl 95 item to come and find out my lvl 60 rw is better.. DarkForce is the example here 5 to necro skills okay seems fine... But going from 7xx def to 3xx is way to much of a drop.. 30 res all come on plz Dscale has 50. Now a pally at lvl 60 ish can make Exile with 1xxx def 45 res all Difiance arua .. I can go on but you get the idea.. You have to be very carefull with what you alter in any game or it shifts the balance ..

If you are going to comment on balance, at least take the time to get it right. Then again, you don't take the time to construct intelligent sentences so why should I expect you to take the time to make accurate balance statements.

I don't know what lvl 60 rw you think is better than Darkforce and I don't see why you think that a caster character lossing 400 defense on their shield is game breaking. As for Exile - clearly if the resists on uniques/sets is reduced the resists on runewords is going to be decreased. As I have stated a number of times though, I haven't done any rebalancing to the runewords (you may also that most still have high str & crushing blow on them)

Trust me, I am very careful about what I shift.

Asteroth wrote:
Heres my idea instead of going crazy over this patch.. reset the realm back to what it was when it was 3 spawn diffaculty and flag tps again

I think your idea stinks and here is why.

Increasing the spawn (which essentially just increases the Hitpoints) will make Hell bosses "harder" and that is something the community has voiced an interest in, but it will also make Normal & NM harder and that is something the community clearly does not want. In making this patch, I spent time playing in normal with new members of the community. Folks who don't have a lot of gear and are grinding away enjoying the new features of the mod. Those people currently have a LOT of fun with the difficulty of Normal as it is now and would not have as much fun if it were made more difficult. For most of them, getting past normal Diablo and Mephisto is a real challenge and something they can just barely do at the moment. Increasing the difficulty of Normal by increasing the spawn is a real good way to chase those folks off and make it a whole lot harder.

I think it is very important to keep the difficulty level of Normal (which is not terribly challenging for experienced HU folks, but pretty challenging for new players). Any suggestion that throws off that balance is heading in the wrong way and is only a suggestion that is derived from listening to the forum alone. There are a lot of people who don't post here and don't spend all their time trolling Tundra for 95s and skillers and their voice is very important to listen to as well (which I have been doing).

Now, you may notice that I put "harder" in quotes in my first sentence. Increasing the spawn will techincally make boss fights harder, but not really all that much harder for those with strong gear and sharp skills. It will just make the boss fights longer. As around and one of the "hardest" things in the game are Ancients and Ancients way. That is because those areas have the possibility of crushing your character in a heartbeat if you aren't playing smart and gearing smart. One leap attack and BAM - you can be crushed. Amp and a charger - your character is toast. In listening to the community, I paid attention to what people really fear and built a balance paradigm that incorporates that. I took the "danger" of those areas and spread it throughout Hell by decreasing end game resists and life and putting your life on a razors edge as you move through Hell.

One thing that people don't find "hard" is Sszark in Hell or even worse Izual. Those are bosses that take FOREVER to kill and don't really threaten your life. That is why I am opposed to a high spawn (which would boost their HP even further) and in favor of increasing the dmg & skills on weapons. Most characters will find that they hit harder, but die faster. That seems to be the core recipe that the majority of Hell players are looking for when they say they want a challenge.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:39 pm 

I heard the same thing online from other persons what Asteroth said about melee chars beeing useless even more.
Yeah i remember someone said that there are 3 chars he loves the most. Zeal pala melee zone and kicksin, and he added that he whont be able to make em anymore if this patch gets out.
About crafting long texts.. why would i do that? just to make u find more points to bitch with?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:55 pm 

Sirmok wrote:
I heard the same thing online from other persons what Asteroth said about melee chars beeing useless even more.
Yeah i remember someone said that there are 3 chars he loves the most. Zeal pala melee zone and kicksin, and he added that he whont be able to make em anymore if this patch gets out.

If you stick around long enough, you will see that people make posts like that everytime there is some change being proposed. One of my favorite ones was how everyone said that rabies druids were going to be broken when the hack ring (carrion) was broken. Clearly that didn't happen because rabies druids are great this season.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:52 pm 

you of all blue should know how many nerfs it took to balance poison necs the first time they gained popularity tho ;) the fact that nerfing a very op build dont break it is not the same as saying you can nerf any "ok" build without consequence. also take the once silly op auradins and bladesins. cant say ive seen much from either last 2 ladders(correct me if im wrong)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:29 pm 

while that is true, that wasn't the point.

The point is that just because someone complains that a build will be broken when XYZ change is implemented doesn't mean that build will be broken. It just means that there are ALWAYS going to be people who think stuff is going to get screwed up everytime there is a patch. That's the point.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:33 am 

do ppl still play bladesins?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:47 am 

can't agree more - do some build more exclusive so no one plays them, then say everyone suck.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:14 am 

And again blue you still want to fight with me.. Seems sad to me that you can't even see what i'm saying about the 3 spawn idea becuase thats how the game was before Terry made the mod easier and know one bitched that we needed change .. Hell Jarl is the one that started this bs in the first place..Question Blue is this patch more about your Ego now or what seems that way to me. :lol:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:01 pm 

this ladder i started with blade sin.. it failed.
Then i made hammerdin etc .. and finally right now i finished my auradin with hes awesome 14k dmg with hits. Okay it reduces the enemies resistance by 130 but still he does no dmg at all compare to any other "normal" build (he actually got skillers on him).
It works like that .. there are already screwed up builds wich were awesomely fun and are not played anymore. I remember when i had a bladesin 3 ladders ago when i started to play HU ..those were the times..

Offline Profile