Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

Post subject: I got caught :D
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 pm 

I got caught finally :P Been using MH for personnal use for like the past 4 seasons. Now, should I get banned? yes, being that MH is prohibited on HU, but seriously what's wrong with MapHack exactly?

1. The Sting's was used to farm only, as a proof nobody ever noticed in ~4 years that I had it on so that means I never skipped whole areas or helped other people skip whole areas.

2. I used it to run lower lvl bosses. Does it make the game easier for me? No. It makes the game less tedious, not less hard and in my definition of HU, that is meant to be hard, people rushing friends > MH users. Yet those are widely tolerated.

Account is deleted now, Duff did what he had to do, but seriously I fail to see my offense or how it made other people's gaming experience worse in any way.

Now LMT I'm ready to hear your bashing :D Tbh, you make me laugh when you yell at people so don't disappoint me with lame stuff when it's my turn.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: I got caught :D
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:51 pm 

Quote:
Account is deleted now, Duff did what he had to do, but seriously I fail to see my offense or how it made other people's gaming experience worse in any way.

Using an illegal tool to gain an unfair advantage over rule abiding players ruins the experience. It's just like botting but in a slower fashion.

And why I took your troll/flame bait, I don't know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:53 pm 

at least he's taking it the good way

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:02 pm 

LmT wrote:
Quote:

Using an illegal tool to gain an unfair advantage over rule abiding players ruins the experience. It's just like botting but in a slower fashion.

And why I took your troll/flame bait, I don't know.

I tought stuff was supposed to be easy to get in HU and that the element that was to be emphasized was epic boss fight that are though even with the best gear available.
I still don't see how it hurts anyone that it takes me 1hour or 30min to run Sarnia in a private game or how it avantage me at all. It just less time-consuming.

And you took my bait cause you love, as I do, to argument and prove your point :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:50 pm 
Game Server Host

longer dungeons were added for a better play experiance. You used maphack for 4 years, when you know its not allowed. Thats called cheating, and you should be banned. Im glad you are gone, I dont like cheats and think its kinda sad you cant play a game without stuff to make it easier... Do you cheat at solitaire too? :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:27 am 

while I don't approve of MH he has a very solid point where rushing is worse than maphack. There was a very solid suggestion on the old forum that would prevent slayers from joining norm games made by non slayers and champions from joining nm and normal games made by non champions. When that was shot down by most of the community I think is when it was widely agreed that we all 'want' to play a challenging mod, except when it is not easy.

I just left a perfectly good baal game that had 7 players up until throne, where kingofheal (who was whining the whole game that we NEED HIGH LVLS!!!11) got his friend mud to join our private game and the lvl 80 psn mancer proceeded to own the bosses 20 lvl's below his own. Lame.
I am now potentially stuck in normal until another group gets to baal, atleast I almost have my solo team ready, maybe I'll just wait as wasting more time getting to throne just to have a high level finish it off is rather useless.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 am 
Game Server Host

that seriously blows. Did you tell him he had ruined your game? Play with like minded players, and avoid grouping with *kingofheal if thats your stance. He has always been carried through the game and anyone unlucky enough to be in a team with him will more than likely have the game ruined by someone n00b rushing past quests the team could have done alone.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:09 am 

I read that you were going to do two teams on hc when others were able to play, has that happened? if not you should let me know when it does. Since I dropped out of the first group in act 1 cause a friend was late getting on, doing quests without a high level around is increasingly unlikely now that the sc ladder means nothing. I'd love to join the hc ranks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:24 am 
Game Server Host

After having our baal runs drop repeatedly my main group got fed up and really slowed down pace wise. That first week was my main time to play and the same goes for others in the group. A few are back to school or whatever now and im back to work now, I do have time to play in the evenings and some days through the day tho.

I've started a few chars, my druid is in a3 but he needs a major gear upgrade (tancreds weap will cover him) an assasin in act 3 and a paladin in act 2. I still have a barb to make too. If you want to play some hc im up for that for sure, but like I say, my time to play was mainly focused on last week when I had took time off. my play time will differ from day to day again now.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:24 am 

It doesn't matter how much you try to justify MH. You're playing on Duff's realm. He doesn't want people using MH. He went through all the trouble of making HUGuard for a reason. It's disrespectful and shitting all over his hard work. MH isn't a huge deal in my eyes, but if you must cheat be prepared to face the consequences.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:25 am 
Game Server Host

drrod wrote:
He went through all the trouble of making HUGuard for a reason. It's disrespectful and shitting all over his hard work.

well said

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:13 am 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
drrod wrote:
He went through all the trouble of making HUGuard for a reason. It's disrespectful and shitting all over his hard work.

well said

Good point, but HUGuard still needs a lot of work.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:01 am 

LmT wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:
drrod wrote:

well said

Good point, but HUGuard still needs a lot of work.

Good point I admit, also probably the only one against me, at least so far. I'm not trying to diminish Duff's work here cuz I highly appreciate when he's doing for everyone, but yes HUGuard has many holes and lets face it it's more a mind barrier than anything else. I'm the proof of it. When I decided that getting banned didn't matter cuz I was pretty much done with HU I just started using Sting's for farming and got away with it for so long. I had to bust myself. Anti-Hack has never been more than an annoying window that got me kicked out when it randomly crashed while I was playing.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:15 am 

It could have served to prevent rushing :roll:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:37 pm 
Game Server Host

Zikur wrote:
It could have served to prevent rushing :roll:

people don't want a hard game, they want to feel like they are good at a game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm 

how did you get caught anyways?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:49 pm 

fanatic wrote:

Posted a SS of my screen to report a stealer, I was like, *will they notice, nah, probably not, if they do it's gonna be fun* and some1 noticed that there was too long of a river in A1 town. I always told myself that if some1 ever ask if I use MH I'd say yes yet in 4 years nobody ever asked when it was running. As a proof I didn't try to whine or explain when Duff asked, I just said Yes and he can vouche that.

Now the question is if I used MH for 4 years 100% unnoticed how many players do the same thing? Happy Ladder!

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear how my misbehaviours spoiled anybody's gaming experience.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:49 pm 

fanatic wrote:

A picture speaks over 9000 words.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:52 pm 

Nonamesleft wrote:
fanatic wrote:

Posted a SS of my screen to report a stealer, I was like, *will they notice, nah, probably not, if they do it's gonna be fun* and some1 noticed that there was too long of a river in A1 town. I always told myself that if some1 ever ask if I use MH I'd say yes yet in 4 years nobody ever asked when it was running.

Thats good that you don't bitch and stuff..but how is it possible knowing you hack when theres no real proof.. unless they have a client running that picks up hax. I don't really have a say in this, but i'm just pointing out the good and the bad :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:05 pm 

[img=http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3039/screenshot001oos.th.jpg]

You see too much river on the sides and it was suspicious that I explored the moors at my lvl, was enough to raise the suspicions and ask me.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:14 pm 

Nonamesleft wrote:
fanatic wrote:

Posted a SS of my screen to report a stealer, I was like, *will they notice, nah, probably not, if they do it's gonna be fun* and some1 noticed that there was too long of a river in A1 town. I always told myself that if some1 ever ask if I use MH I'd say yes yet in 4 years nobody ever asked when it was running. As a proof I didn't try to whine or explain when Duff asked, I just said Yes and he can vouche that.

Now the question is if I used MH for 4 years 100% unnoticed how many players do the same thing? Happy Ladder!

P.S. I'm still waiting to hear how my misbehaviours spoiled anybody's gaming experience.

That's a bold faced lie, I don't believe for a second you thought twice about the map when you posted it. I would have loved to of seen your face when lmt pointed it out that woulda be a classic :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:31 pm 

Quote:
Posted a SS of my screen to report a stealer, I was like, *will they notice, nah, probably not, if they do it's gonna be fun*

Don't look so smug. I know what you're thinking but your post is a lie. Did you honestly think I'd trust a half-assed bullshit response? Hahahaha ha. Oh no no no, your ban was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all lead to this....and this time, you will not interfere.

God damn im bored

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:04 pm 

Does this mean since he fessed up like you Leslie, he gets to come back and play?

It really isn't fair at all you know.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:05 pm 

1. You hacked.
2. You were caught.
3. You were banned.

Now quit pestering us on the forums and leave.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:08 pm 

Crucifiction wrote:
Does this mean since he fessed up like you Leslie, he gets to come back and play?

It really isn't fair at all you know.

Life isn't fair. I'm an exception and I know it. I guess that makes me exceptional 8-)

But just because one person was allowed back doesn't mean that everyone should. WTB: LOGIC; WTS: RHINOPLASTY <3

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:18 pm 

I wouldn't mind if he was allowed back on the realm. There are plenty of people guilty of much worse that still play. Locking his account was punishment enough I'd think.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:13 pm 

drrod wrote:
I wouldn't mind if he was allowed back on the realm. There are plenty of people guilty of much worse that still play. Locking his account was punishment enough I'd think.

agreed.
Mud ruined the gaming experience of 7 players at the same time in the same game, 6 of them may not know it but thats not the point, if Mud can play I see no reason nonames shouldnt.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 pm 

hes referring to me kiddo :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:17 am 

I think HC people need to make a video of them doing baal minions for proof of legal killing of mobs ...just saying >.>;

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:34 am 

^-LOL

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:57 pm 

drrod wrote:

Ty for the support but like I said I'm done with Hu, at least for the moment (No, it wasn't a lie when I said I new the picture could make me guilty, doubt as you like) I'm glad at least one person agrees that there's much worse than MH that needs to be fixed and the rushing frenzy is one of the major reason of why I'm fed up of the realm. I played the early ladder which is the funniest part of the season, good enough for me. I'm only going to check forum from time to time pretty much like LMT only I,ll try not to be a lame bit*h that's mad at the whole world for some obscure reasons.

Ty Terry for this great mod, I had lots of fun discovering every facets you brought to this game. And thanks to Duff for supporting the realm for all of us. Hope you didn't take this *betrayal* the wrong way, what I did was in no mean intended to be disrespectful, it's just the way I liked to play and I still don't agree that it was wrong.

I wanted to open a debate on `should maps of previous acts be visible at all time` and `what actions should be taken against power-rushing` but it seems the majority of the communauty is too narrow-minded. Ironic how people wanting changes appear so steadfast on some topics even with a staggering lack of argument beside *It's a rule that was made that way, now Stfu*

See you guys on D3, I'll stop pestering this forum for Martel ;) (yet I don't get what forces him to read the updates on this topic)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:15 pm 

Don't count on seeing modding for D3 until at least 2017

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:12 pm 

If you were done with HU after uploading the screen, why waste your time getting another 20 levels.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:12 pm 

All you're doing now is kissing ass in the hopes of being unbanned.

I don't support people who cry over someone picking up an item in a game called "free stuff" and getting a good non-hacking player's account locked.

And in case it hasn't sunken in yet, thanks to you everyone is going to start using sting's MH since you clearly showed it isn't picked up by the antihack.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:14 pm 

^- OH NOES could that cause significant content skipping and faster advancement through the entire game?! oh wait.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 pm 

Zikur wrote:
^- OH NOES could that cause significant content skipping and faster advancement through the entire game?! oh wait.

Oh noes, mh has other features such as chicken on it! Douche.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:36 pm 

Martel- wrote:
Zikur wrote:

And seeing resists, ilvl/mlvl, seeing any item you choose appear as an X on the map when it drops (see uniques/runes dropped by ranged attack before anyone else), hide all un-needed items when using alt (easier to pick up uniques and other important items faster than others), and much much more!

EDIT: forgot scroll lock, and color coding certain monsters on the minimap (having deadly mobs stand out on your minimap e.g. chargers)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:05 pm 

LmT wrote:
Martel- wrote:
Zikur wrote:

And seeing resists, ilvl/mlvl, seeing any item you choose appear as an X on the map when it drops (see uniques/runes dropped by ranged attack before anyone else), hide all un-needed items when using alt (easier to pick up uniques and other important items faster than others), and much much more!

EDIT: forgot scroll lock, and color coding certain monsters on the minimap (having deadly mobs stand out on your minimap e.g. chargers)

Sounds like someone's been using stings.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:29 pm 

Who cares if people now know they can hack with the new joke for anti hack? People were able to before with the old one, and still can use multiple hacks with this one. Stings not the only one that is out there. Just playing around for about 30 minutes online in act 2 I saw some guy using a hack - not a map hack, but something you can clearly see. All anti hack does it make it a hassle when it crashes and kicks you out. If people want to hack, they are going to hack. It doesn't matter if its a map hack such as stings, or mods that don't get sniffed out by anti hack.

On a side note - Untested, but I'm sure the IP way still works with HU guard to where you don't even need it open. Just seeing as I'm 90% sure GM still works and that's the only way I know of to get it to work, but possible HUGuard don't even detect that - I guess.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:14 am 

damitisuck wrote:
Who cares if people now know they can hack with the new joke for anti hack? People were able to before with the old one, and still can use multiple hacks with this one. Stings not the only one that is out there. Just playing around for about 30 minutes online in act 2 I saw some guy using a hack - not a map hack, but something you can clearly see. All anti hack does it make it a hassle when it crashes and kicks you out. If people want to hack, they are going to hack. It doesn't matter if its a map hack such as stings, or mods that don't get sniffed out by anti hack.

On a side note - Untested, but I'm sure the IP way still works with HU guard to where you don't even need it open. Just seeing as I'm 90% sure GM still works and that's the only way I know of to get it to work, but possible HUGuard don't even detect that - I guess.

hacking is dumb ~~

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 pm 

LmT wrote:
Martel- wrote:
Zikur wrote:

Out of everything you have listed I say : so?
Like ninja looting isn't already a problem, as for added safety via chicken and colour coding fine. Not like its needed when you get a char 30+ your level to help joo out :roll: is what im saying
rushing > mh

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:42 pm 

Cheating < Varying play styles.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:59 pm 

Martel- wrote:
LmT wrote:

Sounds more like oldschool Mousepads

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:33 pm 

Martel- wrote:

Because knowing about hacks means I use them, right?

Srsly ~~

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:02 pm 

LmT wrote:

Forcing varying play styles on the unwilling > mh

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:39 pm 

Zikur wrote:
LmT wrote:

Forcing varying play styles on the unwilling > mh

Pretty much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:44 pm 

varying includes methods that were not intended by the games design.
pretty much.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 pm 

Zikur quit trolling, you fail at it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:56 am 

I'm not trollin, though I got you postin.
Nobody can possibly have a good reason as to why anti rushing methods couldn't be implemented atleast for the start of a ladder yet complain when ppl won't work as a team and teams are few and far between.
Instead people like to pretend they play a hard mod.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:38 pm 

Zikur wrote:
I'm not trollin, though I got you postin.
Nobody can possibly have a good reason as to why anti rushing methods couldn't be implemented atleast for the start of a ladder yet complain when ppl won't work as a team and teams are few and far between.
Instead people like to pretend they play a hard mod.

This has been brought up before and shut down by the community. The majority of players like to rush/get rushed. I'd agree with you that rushing for the most part is lame, but occasionally I like rushing my own characters.

But personally, I'd consider giving out gear that people normally wouldn't have is on the same level. Most that play here don't realize that the game is 90% items, and just consider it "generous hand-me-downs," whereas they wouldn't have been able to do x boss because of the items.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:20 pm 

My issue is everyone is against tp's because of rushing, yet everyone is for rushing. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's not like you couldnt still rush with anti rushing measures, you could have a 6x barb for normal an 8x druid for nm and then all your other chars in hell. People use work arounds as it is to rush now, I don't see how this would be different, only thing would be is that you wouldnt have it in the starting ladder, which is HUGE
Your point about items is valid but it isn't nearly as damaging as a blatant rush. This community is so shortsighted, in no time everyone is going to be complaining about how boring it is and they are ALREADY finished the game and nothing left to do but grind items because they took the easy way out and crying for a reset. Im just so tired of it

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 am 

I think TPs were removed for making the game harder. Not just the rushing part.

And I am sure half of the people playing on the realm are using some kind of hack, just keeping quiet about it. (and no, I am not saying I use one)

And Leslie, will you please grow up with the nose jokes? I really do not have a big nose. It was just that one picture with the certain angle, and my nose did not even look that big.

Even if you were ugly as fuck, I would not make fun of your face. It is immature.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:13 pm 

Tp's were taken out to stop people from skipping area's and getting free WP's which i suppose is part of rushing.

It would be simple to cutout rushing, all you do is my level limit's based on the game creator, just like the option you have.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 pm 

That doesn't stop rushing, it stops any given game from having high levels join it. Nothing stops an equal level char from coming in and sayin
HAI GUYS
MI FRIEND LEBEL 90 HALP US WITH BAIL
KOME JOINE US BAALNOW/FORWANKERS

and the sheep leave.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:43 am 

if tps were removed to stop rushing... why not just make it so only you can take your tp?

atleast then when your all the way down in act 3 you dont have to leave the game and RJ just to get to town :shock:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:42 am 

Zikur wrote:
That doesn't stop rushing, it stops any given game from having high levels join it. Nothing stops an equal level char from coming in and sayin
HAI GUYS
MI FRIEND LEBEL 90 HALP US WITH BAIL
KOME JOINE US BAALNOW/FORWANKERS

and the sheep leave.

I mean make all games level restricted without a choice, so a 90 could never be in a game with 80 or lower, ever.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:49 am 

wow, that would make mules a pain. have to pass it to a level 10 to give to a 15 to give to a 20.... 45 minutes later you got that item to your 80.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:48 pm 

ez fix would be it only works for higher levels ie lvl 60 couldnt join a lvl 5's game, lvl 1 could join a lvl 99's game. But if such a feature is even possible, Im sure the community will have some sort of problem with it ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:30 pm 

It would be good if games could restrict players by 'level 1 to your level + 20'. That way if I made a Normal Mephisto game it would probably be restricted to levels 1-60. I could mule, I may even be helped by a guy from an act or two above me which isn't really the issue since, let's be honest, people aren't being rushed by level 50s in act3, more like 90s.

'Your level + 20' would mean everyone in Nightmare can group together regardless of progress, same goes for Hell. Best of all though, it doesn't prevent muling. I already create my games to just this format: logging a level 1 mule to create a game with a restriction set to somewhere above the character I intend to play with, say, level 30 on an Act One game, then loadering in that character and waiting for a party (long waits, it has to be said).

And if people still want to rush, how about waiving those restrictions in private games only. Out of sight, out of mind. Although, (considering the common practices I'm observing) that may lead to a lot of private games which would no doubt, as has previously been discussed, be detrimental to community growth, but said community would only have themselves to blame for that.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:35 pm 
Game Server Host

people didnt like my idea of "slayer" chars being locked from a game created by someone who has not killed baal. I don't see why they will be in favour of this either. People preach about wanting to stop rushing but when a way is put to them they decide it should not be put in place. I don't see why they need to be 2 faced about it over the internet of all things. If you rush you rush, it's your business. they say they hate rushing, then, when presented with a preventative decide against it. There are some strange people out there thats for sure.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:52 pm 

What about the solution to single spawning. I'm sure that was unpopular during its design phase.

As awesome as this game is, and as challenging as it is, there are people who will always want to cheat, and those who won't. I hope Soulmancer will side with the latter.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:29 pm 

PureRage-DoD wrote:
people didnt like my idea of "slayer" chars being locked from a game created by someone who has not killed baal. I don't see why they will be in favour of this either. People preach about wanting to stop rushing but when a way is put to them they decide it should not be put in place. I don't see why they need to be 2 faced about it over the internet of all things. If you rush you rush, it's your business. they say they hate rushing, then, when presented with a preventative decide against it. There are some strange people out there thats for sure.

Yeah I don't understand this at all, sounds like the perfect solution. The only downside is muling of course but muling wasn't built into this game for a reason.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 pm 

oZio wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

Yeah I don't understand this at all, sounds like the perfect solution. The only downside is muling of course but muling wasn't built into this game for a reason.

This doesn't stop muling, it only stops slayers from joining games made by somebody who hasnt completed baal. However somebody who hasnt completed baal could join a game made by a slayer as they 'can't complete quest' in that game but they can mule.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 pm 

Zikur wrote:
oZio wrote:
PureRage-DoD wrote:

This doesn't stop muling, it only stops slayers from joining games made by somebody who hasnt completed baal. However somebody who hasnt completed baal could join a game made by a slayer as they 'can't complete quest' in that game but they can mule.

If that were possible, then it would be useful, but it wouldn't prevent characters from being power leveled or given items from higher levels. Bosses wouldn't be too hard anyway in this scenario. In my opinion, let rusher's rush and player's play.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:40 pm 

It is completely possible, you were one of the people who made it clear you were against it iirc. I don't know what items you are being given but no one item wins a boss fight for you. They make it easier yes i agree, some items more than others. However twinking is an entirely different subject and there are people that enjoy playing through both twinked and untwinked. With some characters later in the ladder, the only way to play them through the game is twinked.
IMO twinking isnt THAT big of a deal tho. You are going to get the items eventually. I can't remember the example you used about item twinking, something about a druid in nm iirc it was a good example and I again agree twinking makes it easy but you still need to kill the boss which is big.

wow that got long, rambling

TL;DR
It's possible.
Killing bosses twinked is harder than standing in the corner.
I have yet to see any single item that will automatically win a boss fight for you and let you solo the game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:16 pm 

The problem with let players play and let rushers rush is, even if you are a player if someone is rushing something you've been on for weeks you're going to take it.

A glaring example I had is I was doing wsg runs with certain people to level up to baal when I logged on to see they were being rushed through my a 90+ making me miss it and still stuck in norm.

This is a complete pain in the ass.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:26 pm 

Zikur wrote:
It is completely possible, you were one of the people who made it clear you were against it iirc. I don't know what items you are being given but no one item wins a boss fight for you. They make it easier yes i agree, some items more than others. However twinking is an entirely different subject and there are people that enjoy playing through both twinked and untwinked. With some characters later in the ladder, the only way to play them through the game is twinked.
IMO twinking isnt THAT big of a deal tho. You are going to get the items eventually. I can't remember the example you used about item twinking, something about a druid in nm iirc it was a good example and I again agree twinking makes it easy but you still need to kill the boss which is big.

wow that got long, rambling

TL;DR
It's possible.
Killing bosses twinked is harder than standing in the corner.
I have yet to see any single item that will automatically win a boss fight for you and let you solo the game.

When did I ever say 1 item? I said this game is 90% items, not 90% 1 item. I could power a character to its fullest level in each act and super twink them and cruise through bosses easily. Yes you *may* get items eventually, but I've seen parties stumped at certain points solely because they didn't have items, and they never progressed on their own until they were given hand-me-downs (nightmare Baal is a prime example).

I could also argue people enjoy playing the game with rushing and others with no rushing, so that's a bad example.

We may be for/against certain things, but lets face it, none of this is ever going to happen, so unless you can come up with a good non-hardcoded super solution to all of this, then we're going to have to deal with it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:25 pm 

I am trying to relate it to one item as the entire game can be done by one 90+ barb. Yes the game is heavily dependent on items, I would argue its less then 90%, depending on how many ppl are in your party. If rushing was ever fixed (which there has been an excellent solution provided already, i don't know why u continue to act as if one doesnt exist) then ppl would focus on the party dynamic. To those who think healers are useless, you rely on heavily on items.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:08 pm 

lol im aback online, but .........its like this..........i would love to smoke weed, ive never tried it and i hear its fun..............however it is illegal and i can be tested for it and i wouldnt be able to get a job and support my family........................................

SO I WILL NOT SMOKE WEED TILL I CAN DO IT LEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:16 pm 

how bout this......a new char class........that has act one in all difficulties but can never leave act one........and if it leaves town it autodies

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. Einstein

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:16 am 

Anti-rushing should be started in the community, by the players. If many people would spread the word, that 'rushing sux' and would shun the rushing players (if they can be called players), maybe rushing could be lowered.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:50 pm 

Zikur wrote:
which there has been an excellent solution provided already, i don't know why u continue to act as if one doesnt exist

Martel- wrote:
We may be for/against certain things, but lets face it, none of this is ever going to happen, so unless you can come up with a good non-hardcoded super solution to all of this, then we're going to have to deal with it.

Meaning one doesn't exit.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 pm 

yes, it does.
Since when was duff's method hard-coded.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:19 pm 
Game Server Host

*cough*

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:45 pm 

THE ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT THE EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:37 pm 

Zikur wrote:
yes, it does.
Since when was duff's method hard-coded.

What method? I never saw a method posted by duff.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:54 pm 

I can honestly say that I don't use a single hack when playing online.

When I play offline, I use maphack.
Why?
I'm OCD about killing EVERY monster in EVERY area. I don't care if I've found the exit/entrance/stairs, I want every monster dead.

It amazes me that the entire community is against maphack, yet I've only met ONE person in HU that literally refused a rush. One. That's it.

I wish maphack wasn't against the rules. So I could go faster through the game? 95% of the time, no. So I could make sure every single monster was dead without having to retrace my steps and check every nook and cranny as opposed to being able to see an X on my map, yes.

Anyone who's played Diablo for 5+ years pretty much knows that even though the game spawns "random" dungeons, the stairs/exit/entrances tend to always be in the same relative areas.

Cata 2 wp.. the stairs to 3 are pretty much always opposite and diagonal of it.

Act 1 tends to always move to the right, if looking at the map, regardless of which direction blood moor is. The only exception seems to be when blood more spawns left of town, then it always goes in an upwards direction.

Every act has similar tendencies. Seriously, why say no to maphack, and then 95% of people accept rushes? I don't get it. Saying no to maphack is OPPOSING rushing.

Oh and one more thing, I don't know Leslie, or the story behind he/she being banned/unbanned, but your reply in regards to that is just... wow. Do you think you're above everyone else? That you're some how better than any other single person that plays this mod? Get a grip on reality.

If you were caught cheating, no matter how, you should be gone just like him. My apologies if I'm missing some critical background information on the subject.

Oh and you can say "LOL u say i shud be gon for hax but u want mh lulz". Yes, I do want it. Do I use it against the rules though? No.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:58 pm 

yeah, its just tough to distinguish who's using it to break the rules and who's using it for legit purposes. i would be using MH for things like visible ilvl / mlvl / HP+MP, especially since unlike bnet D2 where all the mlvls are somewhere on the internet, ive yet to find anything like that for HU. and as previous posters said, maphack isnt gonna make you able to solo the boss you need. the guy doing sarina runs faster sounds like an unfair advantage, but if he was able to get mephisto done he wouldnt even need mh anymore, since he could just MF off of a4 wp guardians right? just seems like a lot of hoopla over something that has legitimate purposes as well.

Offline Profile