Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm

Post subject: Best Sorceress Element for Fighting End Game hell bosses?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:03 pm 

Which sorceress element(Cold/Fire/Lightning) is good for killing end game bosses if i have a necro friend that plays with me with Lower Resistance? The way i see it each element works but im curious if anyone has a favorite? (Site reasons?) Thanks.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Best Sorceress Element for Fighting End Game hell bosses
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:07 pm 
Game Server Host

Fire is the best boss killing element for a sorc. The fact that you can stack fire over and over makes it a real winner. IE. blaze doing 5k dps, you run over the same patch 10 times and it is now doing 50kdps, run over it 20 times and its at 100k dps.

Same thing with meteor. You can get 10k average fire damage a sec from meteor (not including the initial hit of 40kish at that level of 10k average per sec) and stack 15 of them for a grand total of 150k dps (not including the 15x40k from the actual impacts, or 600k)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:38 pm 

Counters?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:13 pm 

Only meteo impact does counters, so fire for sure. Or you can try TK sorc, good instant dmg from afar.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:23 pm 
Game Server Host

yeh you have 1 counter every 2 seconds.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:51 pm 

Nice i think you guys have me sold on fire thanks for the tips :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:52 am 

Oh, I would of thought it countered per packet of damage, so 24 counter per second. :P

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:53 pm 

venom still play dota or wat?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:27 pm 

based on this thread, I started a fire tree sorceress. She's at level 46 now, and has fire bolt and fire ball maxed with 1 point into warmth, Meteor and fire masteries, and +5 skills from equipment. She basically owns everything until encountering a fire immune, or someone like say, Mephisto, who is her current challenge. She can't even make him wince.

Not very useful if she gets stalled at every major boss in the game, so is this going to be a trend?

I've also seen several comments about TK, but even maxed, it's damage is pathetic (although consistent) compared to the others. Is this really viable?

Hope this is in keeping with the subject and not a hijack. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:18 pm 

Abomination wrote:
based on this thread, I started a fire tree sorceress. She's at level 46 now, and has fire bolt and fire ball maxed with 1 point into warmth, Meteor and fire masteries, and +5 skills from equipment. She basically owns everything until encountering a fire immune, or someone like say, Mephisto, who is her current challenge. She can't even make him wince.

Not very useful if she gets stalled at every major boss in the game, so is this going to be a trend?

I've also seen several comments about TK, but even maxed, it's damage is pathetic (although consistent) compared to the others. Is this really viable?

Hope this is in keeping with the subject and not a hijack. :)

Are you soloing on multiplayer? Most casters (and elemental characters in general) will have trouble soloing any major boss on multiplayer unless you're powerfully overleveled.

Also, what kind of merc do you have and what type of gear does he use? I've found a strong A2 Merc to be pretty much a prerequisite for almost every Sorc build (Blaze excluded).

As far as TK goes, it's not bad. The highest (great gear) I've seen someone's TK reach is around 44k, which is pretty nice for an instant, ranged, unavoidable attack. Not to mention the great defensive abilities a properly built Energy Shield sorc has. (One of my favorite classes, personally)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 am 

Multi-player 2-3 people. A2 merc with prayer and insight, some other good gear, but he's insta-gibed anyway.

Yeah, one of my pet peeves with player build recipes and most advice is that it involves twinked gear or already being in the 90's level-wise. What you seem to be saying is that TK is great under one of those circumstances, but since I don't twink, and i'm only level 46 (oops, 45), and would be just starting to put points into TK it probably isn't going to help.

I've got the Arcana's set, with Tir's in the staff, and perfect skulls in the helmet and armor, Angelic Halo, and Manald Ring, Magefist, Treads of Chthon, and DeathWrap.

She can actually solo pretty much anywhere she's been so far, but then Mephisto comes along and zero damage. There's been other demon bosses who've been similar immune without showing fire immunity. Seems strange to do a single element in the first place, but apparently it's the only way to go in HU? Still figuring out the rules here. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 am 

If you don't go single element you can't stack -res and other stuff as effectively.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 am 

Abomination wrote:
Multi-player 2-3 people. A2 merc with prayer and insight, some other good gear, but he's insta-gibed anyway.

Yeah, one of my pet peeves with player build recipes and most advice is that it involves twinked gear or already being in the 90's level-wise. What you seem to be saying is that TK is great under one of those circumstances, but since I don't twink, and i'm only level 46 (oops, 45), and would be just starting to put points into TK it probably isn't going to help.

I agree with you about that; the common build guides often assume that you will have access to potent endgame items, and/or that you plan to use that character through level 90, and as such recommend that you distribute your stat and skill points as to be very powerful at that level. If neither of those conditions is the case, then you should take a build recipe as a guideline, but modify it slightly to fit your particular situation.

As for Mephisto, I think that he probaly has at least 60 fire resist or so (according to http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=3029 ; some info still seems pretty accurate). Assuming you don't have help from anyone using conviction or lower resist, you'd only be inflicting at most 40% damage on him. Add his high resistances to the large amount of health he has compared to the other trash and bosses you faced and it will seem as if you are barely singeing his horns. One question, though. Why the perfect skulls in your helm and armor? For the mana regen?

I am the captain of my soul.

-William Ernest Henley

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:18 am 

mana and health regen. I've got so much fcr that it's worth it to have a matching regen. I've been playing with energy shield as well, which is something I haven't used in the past. I intend to play all the way to 99, so long term advice is good. I just don't like the assumption that I'll have this exact list of equipment at lvl 20, another at level 40 or what ever. Nonsense if you play the game straight.

I guess I'll have to work on the -resis. :) thanks.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:47 am 

Abomination wrote:
mana and health regen. I've got so much fcr that it's worth it to have a matching regen. I've been playing with energy shield as well, which is something I haven't used in the past. I intend to play all the way to 99, so long term advice is good. I just don't like the assumption that I'll have this exact list of equipment at lvl 20, another at level 40 or what ever. Nonsense if you play the game straight.

I guess I'll have to work on the -resis. :) thanks.

Erm. Well a piece of advice is to concentrate on one element. On Sorc builds, spreading your points into realms normally isn't good.

Also, as a meteor sorceress, you really shouldn't need energy shield. You're not a sorceress that should be close to any real damage and you're just wasting sockets and skill points trying to get a decent energy shield. Also, if you're going to use Energy Shield, skulls aren't the way to go. Sorceress's get 5 mana per energy point, the highest in the game.
The higher your mana pool, the higher your natural mana regeneration will be. Mana regen isn't exactly bad, but it's always better to have more mana than more mana regen.

Also, don't expect any other element to do any sort of damage besides Fire. Dropping a couple points into TK won't give it much damage at all. If you want a powerful TK you need to focus on the build and it's synergies. However, if you were to build your build around TK, it's strong all game long.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:01 am 

your gear is crap for level 40ish. check out some of the cool caster runewords and gamble some rares.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 pm 

thanks drithe123 that was almost helpfull. :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:13 pm 

oh right on, i guess you didn't know about this website.

http://critterkiller.arimyth.com/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:29 pm 

ah! seeing the light now...

Offline Profile