Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

Post subject: Lowres
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:30 pm 

Is there a legit 800x600 version of the 1.5 patch?

im playing on my laptop and would like to play windowed, and 768 is cut off on the bottom, and just changing the res causes issues.

last time i was here and there was a lowres version but its not around (or maybe just not standard?)

im unfamiliar with the proccess to convert over so can someone point me in the right direction?

now i have a lowres version of the patch from a while ago and a mpq archive tool, so maybe (hopefully?) there are some files i can pull from it without really altering them and get it working without d2expres.dll

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Lowres
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:42 pm 

Try this skilldesc text file. Run in -direct -txt.

Attachments:
low res.zip [13.2 KiB]
Downloaded 530 times

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:36 am 

thanks for the quick reply!

unfortunately this threw an error message when not using d2xpres.dll

Code:
Assertion Failure
Expression: pCel

and when using d2xpres.dll when forcing window size to 800x600, well suffice to say i realized that wasnt what was intended for that change

a bunch of the images were also messed up but i think i can hunt down and fix those on my own easily enough

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:47 am 

Try using the d2cmp.dll from the 1.10 patch backup files. Worth a shot.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:07 pm 

Still no fix, also noticed that the mod itself doesnt replace d2cmp after i tried it

also there are 2 other things still mesed up in the conversion from highres to lowres, namely the stamina bar, exp bar, belt, and w/e that little tab thing is i dont use which opens up the mini panel are all overlapped awkwardly, and dont seem to be mouse overable. there is also the stats screen which is a bit messed up.

this is really making me curious about the difference between the highres patches and the lowres ones now though. i thought it was all the work of that dll before but it seems there is alot of enabling in the mpq you have to do as well

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 pm 

manually configure the d2expres.ini se the x2y2 to 800x600 or 1024x768 (there is no problem if you have both 1024x768).

Thats what i do to make the highres work on my old pc. Also set the directdraw to 2d and it works like a charm

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:49 pm 

that doesnt actually work...
like you can go ingame just fine, but i couldnt open my stats or skills screen, and the bar at the bottom with hp, xp, stamina, mp and belt was really messed up

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:07 pm 

i had the exact same problem u just described, redownoaded the mpq file(to make sure is not correputed), manually changed the d2expres.ini and ran d2mod setup, that fixed it.

the main screen was so fucked up, but i could log etc, then the stats panel really fucked up and lagged, everything overlayed and then after a hile crash.

Believe me, this fixed this problem for me in the last 2 patches that ive had the problem. If not well, then lets pray God to have mercy for u '-'

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:53 pm 

oh i see what you mean, well im sure there is a way to tweak the stats page and skills apge just literally not showing up, but i was aiming to legitly fix them, rather than putting up with broken looking things

come friday or so ima start looking into what files alter the bar at the bottom of the screen, stats page, and last of the skills page, then ill just see if i can merge those individual files over (unsure if they are compiled in the mpq or not, havent looked yet and im hoping if they are i can get someone else to merge for me)

also unrelated but do sorcs just have less mana to work with for energy shield now that bo was nerfed in every way for the cahnge to hp, or is there something else for mp buffs now?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:57 am 

Sorces with ES can safely go full energy (if they didnt) since they will still get some good base hp per lvl, so maybe the mising mana u dont have from bo is now hp? its all fine im sure

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:05 am 

sorcs get 7.5 mana per energy and ES gives %mana buff

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:42 pm 

i have done some testing and have come to the conclusion that with w/e is going on with the res change, its probably easier to edit d2xpres.ini than find a way to live without it.
the symptoms i have to deal with in order for me to really think of it as fixed though arent overly simple.

this picture is just having the stats screen open. as far as i can tell all the buttons are offscreen or inactive. also it would be nice to fix the bar at the bottom, though the mouseover texts suggest that the ui is skewed but the game still thinks each item is where it should be.

here is the skills screen, not much to really say about it.

and finally here is the inventory, which suffers from the same nonsense as the skills screen but you can actaully see items in it

so i suppose now i have a goal which is to play with the d2expres.ini to fix these issues. though if someone already knowledgable with d2expres were to fix it for me, i would be pretty happy~

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:20 pm 

Wolfs wrote:
manually configure the d2expres.ini set the x2y2 to 800x600 or 1024x768 (there is no problem if you have both 1024x768).

Thats what i do to make the highres work on my old pc. Also set the directdraw to 2d and it works like a charm

i had the exact same problem than you... there is no easier way to explain than this. just type the values thats it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:43 pm 

that is all i did with those images,
so im not sure what im missing. i can play like this till i need to manage my inventory, stats, or skills. but even then, its still not pretty.

maybe the fact that im aiming for 800x600 window mode is important now? since that was my end goal.

at any rate, i hope this is the final hurdle to cross

Offline Profile