Gates of Arimyth

Windows 8
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Mrawskrad [ Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:51 am ]
Post subject:  Windows 8

Just got a new laptop and something strange is happening. About 75% of the time I try to load a character the game crashes and won't tell me why. The other 25% of the time they game loads normally. Never had this happen on windows 7.

Anyone have experience with windows 8 and have this happen before? Maybe I should revert to win7.

Author:  jerv [ Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Windows 8

maybe try and run in compatibility mode (service pack 2).

i also had that sort of random problem occurrence but it was because i didnt have the right core file matched with the rest of HU. might be that?

Author:  Mrawskrad [ Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Windows 8

It's none of that

Edit: seems to be working 100% now. Idk what I even did to fix it. I hate windows 8.

Edit2: seems that win8 doesn't want to run the game with the -txt command. What's up with that?

Edit3: -direct works so i can work around this issue by running the game in -direct -txt to get the bin files and then run it in just -direct. Its annoying though anyone have any ideas or experience with this issue on windows 8?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group