Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

Post subject: d2modsetup not working
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:19 am 

I am trying to run d2modsetup and all I get is: Cannot find required DLL
Tried doing it as admin and still the same however it does bring up the registry editor and such but doesn't say whether or not its installed

And the only other Gateway I see is U.s. Test but then says unable to recognize my version

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: d2modsetup not working
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:29 pm 

look: 1st you copie your vanilla diablo 2 LOD folder to any directory ( either program files or My document wat ever u like ) then i sugest you rename it something like D2 - Hu or wat ever

then you extract non d2se core folder: first when you extract that folder you will want to open the Patch 1_10 back up and copie and replace everything that is in there to your new D2-Hu folder.

after that you will like to copie and replace everything from the non d2 se core folder to you D2 - Hu folder.

after that you will extract 1.41d Full or Lite ( wat ever you choose ) and then you will copie and replace the d2patch.mpq ( well there is only 3 file in there 2 are TXT and is mpq i think ).

after you have all copie / pasted those you will want to run: d2modsetup.bat make sure it ask you to install mode and CLICK yes install.

after that you fill find the little: HU.reg files and run it, accept everything that goes after that.

you should be able to play but i suggest you go back to Hell unleashed topic and you find the: HuLaunch0.10 and you download it its pretty nice.

so again: you extract everything form the hulaunch files and copie it to you d2-hu folder.

once you have done that you will want to create a shortcut of the hulaunch.exe to you desktop. cause this will be the programm you will use to run d2.

when it pops up the first time you will start by clicking the diablo face on top right of the hulaunch screen. it will ask you to install and then it will Restart. once its retarted all you have to do its: ( ( i suggest cheking: d2client edit d2gf edit ( if you want to play windowed you check that box and if you download the lite version click LITE. then you click launch hell unleached and you can launch as many as u like.

hope fully this helped ! GL man and the reset havent been done yet... should be pretty soon so dont discourage your self if you find monster and boss pretty hard ... because some build as been buffed and monster / boss nerfed so Good luck / have fun.

iiNfluence-

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:50 pm 

iiNfluence wrote:
look: 1st you copie your vanilla diablo 2 LOD folder to any directory ( either program files or My document wat ever u like ) then i sugest you rename it something like D2 - Hu or wat ever

then you extract non d2se core folder: first when you extract that folder you will want to open the Patch 1_10 back up and copie and replace everything that is in there to your new D2-Hu folder.

after that you will like to copie and replace everything from the non d2 se core folder to you D2 - Hu folder.

after that you will extract 1.41d Full or Lite ( wat ever you choose ) and then you will copie and replace the d2patch.mpq ( well there is only 3 file in there 2 are TXT and is mpq i think ).

after you have all copie / pasted those you will want to run: d2modsetup.bat make sure it ask you to install mode and CLICK yes install.

after that you fill find the little: HU.reg files and run it, accept everything that goes after that.

you should be able to play but i suggest you go back to Hell unleashed topic and you find the: HuLaunch0.10 and you download it its pretty nice.

so again: you extract everything form the hulaunch files and copie it to you d2-hu folder.

once you have done that you will want to create a shortcut of the hulaunch.exe to you desktop. cause this will be the programm you will use to run d2.

when it pops up the first time you will start by clicking the diablo face on top right of the hulaunch screen. it will ask you to install and then it will Restart. once its retarted all you have to do its: ( ( i suggest cheking: d2client edit d2gf edit ( if you want to play windowed you check that box and if you download the lite version click LITE. then you click launch hell unleached and you can launch as many as u like.

hope fully this helped ! GL man and the reset havent been done yet... should be pretty soon so dont discourage your self if you find monster and boss pretty hard ... because some build as been buffed and monster / boss nerfed so Good luck / have fun.

iiNfluence-

OmG ssoooooooooo close!!!! Dude your advice helped big time. I guess it was already installed even with the error I was getting.... I ran hu and it gave me the Arimyth Gateway!!!! TY!!! but I went ahead like you said and downloaded the HuLaunch 0.1.0 but I don't know what ur talking about the hulaunch exe file.... If I run the Hell Unleashed bat file in brings up a command prompt but loads the game.... I logged on .... made a character..... but everytime I try to load into a game.... it crashes D: :'(( Any suggestions?

After fooling around I found that HuLauncher..... and when I click it.... it comes up with a small box in the middle of my screen that's approx. 1.5 cm long and about 3 mm wide.... Is there a way to make it bigger? (I know.... that's what she said.... ha ha ... but serious... )

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:07 pm 

Make sure nothing is read only in the folder.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:23 pm 

can't help u about that small box thought :s never happened to me before !

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:24 pm 

the_apologizer wrote:
Make sure nothing is read only in the folder.

Ummm don't have a read only folder? lol?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:32 pm 

he means check the properties.... make sure everything is in compatability mode for windows XP and is not read only.

Offline Profile