Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

Post subject: Issues I was wondering about
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 pm 

Hello everyone I'm pretty new to this mod. Just started playing a week ago. I have had some issues though and I was wondering if it was just me (like maybe I installed it wrong) or if it was just some things wrong. so let's get started

I have a Windows 7 64 bit PC. Model # for specifics ( Gateway NV55C49u ) This computer obviously isn't anything special in fact I am saving to build my own PC lol. However this is a game from 2000 with a mod so I don't see why I would have a problem running such a game on this computer. Anyways to the Problems.

1: This is minor and hasn't got me killed yet, but my mouse will kinda lag every once and a while. Like move, stop moving, move stop moving, move, stop moving, so on. i have new batteries in it and I even tried re-installing the game because I saw someone say that in a different post. Just wondering what that was about.

2: every now and again I'll get on and play and when I go to Way Point the game will crash and I'll have to start it up again. Same with talking to people and I've just recently had an issue In Act 4 with going to Level 2 of the Purgatory. As soon as I walk into level 2 the game crashes and I'm forced to re-open. again I've re-installed like 3 times using the form post from this link
( http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7998 )

that is really about it for now I guess haha. The Mod's great though and these issues wont turn me away. The community seems really nice and helpful and The Mod makes the game more interesting.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Issues I was wondering about
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:41 am 

1 - I never had that type of problem. Try it again with a wired mouse. Wireless mouse always have greater delay than wired mouse. It's because there may be interference between the mouse and the receiver.

2 - I also have error sometimes if I try to use WP into Darkwood. Level 2 Purgatory as always. Sometimes it gives error sometimes not. If you got error then rejoin and try again :)
Level 2 Purgatory as I know can't be fixed so deal with it :) (Think like this is how it's intended to work, the part of the mod, even harder, you have the chance but will you surpass it? :D )

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 pm 

Alrighty haha thanks for the reply. Guess I'll just keep tryin till i get through :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:37 pm 

running in compatibility mode? This game is not optimized for windows 7 so there will be some issues. It could be a lot of things.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:15 am 

I found a maybe working fix for Puratory Level 2. Found by accident when I was browsing the topics. Here you are:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6257

Offline Profile