Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

Post subject: Some minor bugs of 1.3f
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:17 pm 

Well I tried only single player mode, so perhaps it is OK on server side. But any way.

1. Reinforced mace has glitched picture, the position is shifted to the right by 1 grid or so.
2. In nightmare act 3, gems and mega healing potion are not stacked in the shop. If you want to by more than one, you have to leave the town and re-enter.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Some minor bugs of 1.3f
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:50 pm 

1. This was fixed a couple of patches ago. Did youelete your data folder when installing 1.3f? Hope this didn't find it's way back in.

2. Nonvanilla gems/potions have always been this way.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:33 am 

1. Nah, there's no data folder at all.

Oh I forgot to mention I downloaded HU_1.3f_LowResFull.exe, maybe you want to check.

2. But they are vanilla gems and nonvanilla potions. ;) Not a big deal though.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:55 am 

1. hm. would like to see if anybody else is having this issue on low res.

2. mega healing potions were not in the original version of d2 or the expansions. It stopped at super heals. i do forget when the gems start only being sold one at a time. maybe it is perfect gems...still. it has always been this way on this mod since i started playing some years ago.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 am 

2. Well, in nightmare, they sell flawed gems in a1, normal gems in a2, and so on. Before nightmare, all gems are stacked properly. It is nightmare a3 since when gems become unstackable (flawless and above).

If this is not a bug, then I'm fine with it because I won't have enough money to buy too many at one time.

;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 pm 

2) it's a bug, NM/H variations/upgrades of items are 1 in stock only (thx to blizz). It can't be fixed without code editing or making items permanent on every difficulty levels. I was once going to add mega/ultra potions to every merchants during 1.3a development (while I was editing vendors to sell class items) but I scrapped the idea as
a)no one asked for it (mostly because of it)
b)it seemed that unlimited stock of megas vs baal could lower difficulty even more, although having 300 heal/pot on 3.5k char is pushing everyone to juvs only

We could make megas/ultras unlimited in stock from act1 norm (unfortunately I can't add them a permanently buy from NM+) with increased price if it's really needed, as for runes/gems it doesn't matter that much(you can respawn vendors by e/e town)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:20 pm 

Would rather not have megas/ultras bought at leisure. (I left it as it's not a bug, but I guess in reality it is. It is a 'reasonable' bug in my view).
I wouldn't mind seeing the strength of them altered a bit. It's not pressing in my mind either way (I basically agree with the juv/heal pot statement though).

Offline Profile