Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

Post subject: New, and need a quick Step By Step Help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:37 am 

Alrighty; sorry for interrupting everyone, but I am a tad bit new of transferring files and moving things, I run Windows XP. I am just trying to get SoloHU on my computer; I have a d2loader just in case, but also bought a whole new D2 just in case of anything. So if anyone could guide me step by step I would be very appreciative :)

I also have Skype if possible.. Yes, I am that bad off ^^'' :?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: New, and need a quick Step By Step Help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:21 am 

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5949

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:07 am 

TheHinky wrote:
http://forum.arimyth.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5949

Create a shortcut to your Diablo II.exe and add -direct -txt to your target of that shortcut.

What does this mean? :?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 pm 

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa12 ... 734704.jpg

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:44 am 

Alrighty, did everything that was there.. And I popped up with "The ordinal 10040 could not be located in the dynamic link library D2Net.dll. Any help with that only please :(

Sorry for acting like a nooby.. :(

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:26 am 

You're getting this error when joining a game? This seems like a bad install from the d2modsteup.bat file. I though there were no problem installing it on XP before. I guess try a few times to install/uninstall that file by double clicking on it. Might be lucky on one time.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:28 pm 

Well, it is whenever I try to open it with HU.bat; and I tried to uninstall and reinstall the mod a few times, and sadly I couldn't get it to work anymore.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:02 pm 

Have you actually installed D2, then updated to 1.10, then installed HU over the top? I don't see where you mentioned updating to 1.10.

I have never seen this issue. XP should be the easiest OS to use to install this.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 am 

kramuti wrote:
Have you actually installed D2, then updated to 1.10, then installed HU over the top? I don't see where you mentioned updating to 1.10.

I have never seen this issue. XP should be the easiest OS to use to install this.

Yes I installed D2, but my version is 1.2 (or the newest version) and I used a loader instead that is 1.10 ... I don't know if it had worked or not.. It wouldn't open D2 after I tried it... I don't really know how to change it to 1.10 easily :( But I did do the core install, and all of that stuff afterwards, but it still didn't work to any avail.. It may have been wrong at the trying to get it to 1.10 .. =/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:52 pm 

First of all, if you start from fresh install this link will provide 1.0x to 1.10 patch. Its the one I use.
http://files.arimyth.com/HU/LODPatch_110.exe

Then you said you getting errors when launching HU.bat. We arent using this anymore. Just start D2 with the launcher Diablo II.exe

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:59 pm 

TheHinky wrote:
First of all, if you start from fresh install this link will provide 1.0x to 1.10 patch. Its the one I use.
http://files.arimyth.com/HU/LODPatch_110.exe

Then you said you getting errors when launching HU.bat. We arent using this anymore. Just start D2 with the launcher Diablo II.exe

Well, I what I am saying is that once I install the Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction.. It is already version number 1.2 not 1.0 so I can't use that exe file (I already have it on my computer). So how would you not use HU.bat isn't that what makes the actual game run?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm 

Well have you tried running that .exe from that 1.2 version? That's what I use to do and never faced any problem.

If i am correct, HU.bat was used for the anti-hack program in the past. Since it haven't been upgrade from a long time, HU.bat is now out of date. It's still possible to run it from there, but you'll need to modify the file.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:02 pm 

TheHinky wrote:
Well have you tried running that .exe from that 1.2 version? That's what I use to do and never faced any problem.

If i am correct, HU.bat was used for the anti-hack program in the past. Since it haven't been upgrade from a long time, HU.bat is now out of date. It's still possible to run it from there, but you'll need to modify the file.

Alrighty, so with that in mind; how would you go without having to use the .bat file? Worth one more time..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:30 pm 

Just launch D2 like if you were playing on normal battle.net. Like I mention in step 8 of the link I posted on first page.

Quote:
8- Create a shortcut to your Diablo II.exe and add -direct -txt to your target of that shortcut.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 pm 

TheHinky wrote:
Just launch D2 like if you were playing on normal battle.net. Like I mention in step 8 of the link I posted on first page.

Quote:
8- Create a shortcut to your Diablo II.exe and add -direct -txt to your target of that shortcut.

After attempting to run it with the "Diablo II.exe -direct -txt. It still doesn't work, saying "Cannot load D2Client.dll:Error 182. ...Can't join a single game..

Offline Profile