Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

Post subject: Sorrow rw is broken
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 pm 

So i have a maul druid, it has a eth tomb reaver on one weapon with 6.2 hits / sec and a sorrow tmaul on the other weapon. the tmaul has 139% ias as you know, but it is supposed to have 5 hits / second which is its final bp. through testing and visual appearence and damage to bosses compared to the other weapon ive came to the conclusion that it is attacking as slow as it looks (2, maybe 3 hits / second) Iso answers please?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Sorrow rw is broken
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 pm 

Are you sure you're taking the 30 base speed of thunder mauls into account? A 2x Ether'd(140% IAS) Tomb Reaver does indeed hit a 4 frame maul, so you're right on that part.

For a Sorrow thunder maul at most you can hit a 6 frame maul(4.16 attacks per second). 139% WIAS and 35% OIAS will do it. You cannot hit a 5 frame attack with Sorrow. You're probably only hitting 7 frame maul which is why it feels/looks so slow to you. Get yourself 35% OIAS and you'll get it down to 6FPA.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I shouldn't be.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:46 am 

even with lvl 10 fanat it still doesnt seem right. and the weapon speed calculator also agrees it should be @ 5 hits /second.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 am 

The werewolf central calc correctly puts the speed at 7fpa for 139 ias Tmaul. If you are using another calc, it is using Blizzard's value for the speed of the maul which is 20 (which only puts you at 6fpa), not 30. Note on werewolf central you use -30, rather than 30.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:27 pm 

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/wea ... ng=english
the one found on the hudb website.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:36 pm 

using that one can give inaccurate results as it uses vanilla base weapon speeds you need to select a weapon with the same base speed to get better results. since many base speeds have been changed the only way to get the exact values for hu would be to do all the calculations yourself with the proper values from hu.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 pm 

You should use this one for wereform, regardless if it is HU or vanilla.

http://home.comcast.net/~thedragoon/wer ... anced.html

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:10 am 

considering bp values are the same, thunder maul being 30 speed, and the highest bp being 110% ias (5 / sec) and sorrow having 139% ias then 139-30 = 109 then with a fanat putting me over 110% ias it still doesnt go 5 hits / sec.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:08 pm 

If you hit the calculate button it shows 6, even though the chart says 5. Maybe there is something about having zero OIAS? Do you have other offweapon sources of IAS? Shrug.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:41 am 

i know ias off items like gloves etc doesnt count. the 139% ias is all off the weapon then my merc has faith with lvl 10 fanat which should put it pleanty over the 5 frame bp

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:02 pm 

Maul is a funky skill. Off weapon IAS does work for maul(up to a certain extent just like Fury, I believe 5-6 frames). As does skill IAS(up to 4FPA), which is why it's faster with fanat.

Maul also appears to be heavily reliant on base speed. Meaning there is a huge difference between a 30 base speed weapon and a -10. To make up the difference you need much more than a simple 40WIAS, this is why Tmauls and slow weapons in general are pretty shit for maul. Also you appear to be confusing base speed, WIAS, OIAS, and SIAS. They do not function the same pound for pound. So 10 base speed does not equal 10 WIAS in maul's case.

With the 30 base speed Tmaul, 139% WIAS, and 38% SIAS you will be hitting a 5 frame maul. So you should be hitting that 5FPA, perhaps it's slower than you thought. However if you lose that fanat you'll be sitting at a shitty 7FPA unless you've got some OIAS to bring you up to 6FPA. According to the wereform central calculator it appears to be about 20% OIAS for a 6FPA maul without your fanat(I guess the attack speed chart and the calculator itself have some discrepancies, as the chart says 35% and the calc is showing 20%).

Offline Profile