Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 am

Post subject: errors in d2yymmdd.txt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:54 pm 

Recently I've notice my log files getting rather large, the biggest cause of this are entries mentioning (ptCelContext->dwCel < ptGfxBlock->bNumCelsPerDir). A couple of hours play easily gives me a log file of 30mb.

I will list some entries which I didn't have before this version of the mod and the highres feature, which i'm using without the modmanager at 1024x768 with sven's glide wrapper (new version, link is in another post somewhere) in window mode.

Sometimes it says why this is happening, like following example:
(also, dont have or never had mentioned directory)

21:12:48.750 Seed: 506165984
21:13:56.593 (ptCelContext->dwCel < ptGfxBlock->bNumCelsPerDir)
21:13:56.593 Couldn't get cel handle in for:Vengeance TYPE:3 CLASS:821 MODE:0 FILE:C:\projects\D2\head\Diablo2\Source\D2CMP\Src\SpriteCache.cpp LINE:1833
21:13:56.609 (ptCelContext->dwCel < ptGfxBlock->bNumCelsPerDir)
etc etc (an estimated 1000? per main cause)

I've seen other issues besides 'vengeance type 3' , but regularly clearing the log files deprives me of access to other issues at the moment. But it also happens without a reason like previous mentioned 'Couldn't get cel handle for' like this:

21:36:48.328 Seed: 506165984
21:45:33.078 (ptCelContext->dwCel < ptGfxBlock->bNumCelsPerDir)
21:45:33.078 (ptCelContext->dwCel < ptGfxBlock->bNumCelsPerDir)
x1000 or worse

followed by, also times a lot:

21:51:13.171 Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\!5\COF\!5S1hth.COF
21:51:13.171 Could not add cof file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\!5\COF\!5S1hth.COF
21:51:13.171 sAsyncLoadBlock failed on async:1 unittype:1 unitclass:674 unitmode:8 weaponclass:0 wclass:543716456

and also for monster:

22:55:25.421 Error opening file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\&8\COF\&8RNhth.COF
22:55:25.421 Could not add cof file: DATA\GLOBAL\MONSTERS\&8\COF\&8RNhth.COF
22:55:25.421 sAsyncLoadBlock failed on async:1 unittype:1 unitclass:695 unitmode:15 weaponclass:0 wclass:543716456

What's happening here?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: errors in d2yymmdd.txt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:38 pm 

For (ptCelContext->dwCel < ptGfxBlock->bNumCelsPerDir) I wouldn't know the exact meaning of the error right off the bat.

As for those two monster folder errors you are referring to... Odds are this is actually a longstanding error since there should have been absolutely no monster animation editing in the making of 1.3b aside from one exception (the soulmancer boss was given the LOS necro's animations after all but that is not some commonly encountered monster/summon). Some monster probably had its animations edited at one point and the filename it was told to refer to is either one letter off from a typo or got garbled for some reason.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:52 pm 

I don't have anything on the first log error but I believe I tracked down the source of the two monster errors. Do you happen to farm Mortanius and Ardual a lot by any chance? The animation codes for the first monster error are unique to Mortanius and the 2nd error's animation codes are unique to Ardual.

--Double Post--
Given it's actually longstanding bosses that were never individually touched in the making of 1.3b odds are both bosses were never given proper full animation sets in the first place (thus non critical errors in the log that only now finally get brought up).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 am 

It's caused by wrong aianim on few skills(like vengeance for a2 mercs). Last ladder I had 4gb x 5 (jup 20gb) txt files with that error - I was using ATI CAP and somehow it started to report everything. Last time I checked on this realm I had no error in files(without CAP, just CCC + RadeonPro)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:31 am 

Baerk wrote:
Do you happen to farm Mortanius and Ardual a lot by any chance? The animation codes for the first monster error are unique to Mortanius and the 2nd error's animation codes are unique to Ardual.

Nope, but I did Ardual for questpart yesterday and I may have run towards travincal but certainly wasn't farming at the moment.

Baerk wrote:
Given it's actually longstanding bosses that were never individually touched in the making of 1.3b odds are both bosses were never given proper full animation sets in the first place (thus non critical errors in the log that only now finally get brought up).

Would it be usefull to collect other errors?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:50 am 

Considering these are animation errors that do not even cause the monster to turn invisible and only reveal depending on the person's graphics card drivers it's not really important to fix them. The only error that really even concerns me at the moment is the first one you mentioned out of the 3 since I'm not exactly sure what that is.

--Double Post--
Just noticed that first error mentioning vengeance... Steel was making a mention of the vengeance tripping on certain video cards. I think this has been an other scenario like Steel mentioned where just because you use certain graphics cards it suddenly starts spazzing out about a bunch of stuff it normally wouldn't.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:21 pm 

Well, not entirely true on the invisible part.

I have no hard evidence for it, but I've been in a couple of situations with my ama in act5, where I thought I was well positioned vs trash monsters and I found her taking serious beating of which the source I couldn't find at first glance, but suddenly a unique abominable appears next to my char and turns out to be the source of damage.

Another things that's happened, only once though, that I'd never seen before, was my d2client crashing when I was wondering around in stony field. I think it was the waypoint because the cairn stones was already on the minimap.

So I know something is not quite right, because the 800x600 version didn't do that. Still, I prefer 1024x768 including the errors, so it's certainly not a gamebraker for me, but I think it's not a bad thing for HU to get rid of most errors as possible.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:42 pm 

An invisible beating with a monster suddenly appearing on top of you could just be desync. The servers have been suffering terrible lag lately so it is a very likely scenario you suffered desync and its usual symptoms (monsters and characters suddenly teleporting and not being where your screen says they are).

Once that beast appeared on top of you did it blink going in and out of invisible even though you stayed put? If the monster just simply teleported to around you after an invisible beating then you simply had a case of desync. A lot more people would probably be reporting an invisible monster than just you if it was really a case of bad animations (that and I probably would of noticed it myself in my rush to act 5 at the start of the ladder).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:26 am 

1 monster desyncs while the rest acts normal?

Anyway, what do other people think about these errors or did this mod turn in to Baerk Unleashed?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 am 

Actually if only one monster went invisible out of the entire minion mob then it had to be a desync. All the fellow minions would be using the exact same animation set. Since they didn't go invisible there was nothing terribly wrong with their animation settings in the first place.

Every single monster movement action is a packet the game server has to send to your client game window. All it takes is just for one packet of the bunch to fail to go through... and the monster of that failed packet gets to move while your game window is thinking/showing it isn't moving. Ultimately the server side has ultimate say whether a monster is in range to attack or not or where that monster actually is. So while that one monster of the failed move packet may show up as far off on your game window... In reality it could be at point blank ready to take pot shots at you on server side. Attacks initiate from there and there's your case of invisible attacks. The reason it suddenly appears in melee with you then is because the server finally sent a move packet concerning that monster that finally gets through to your game window updating your game window with the actual position of the monster.

Offline Profile