Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

Post subject: tbl file trouble or something
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 am 

so I was doing shit I probably shouldnt be doing with the low amount of knowledge I have but wtf, I thought i wouldnt fuck shit up too much.
So I was trying to add the fixed strings(no screen shakes and stuff) and was opening the string.tbl file a lot so I went in to properties and changed the "open with" program to my TBLEd100 that I use to add shit to the string files. And after that all shit on my ui disapeared that had been added from PRs client side edits and stuff that I had added my self.
So I'm guessing its because I changed the program wich to open the tbl files with because its the only thing that I did except add stuff in to the tbl itself.

How do I change it back or is it something else that fucked shit up?

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: tbl file trouble or something
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 am 

My test patch download includes a string.tbl file in it's data folder structure (under a number of folders in the local subfolder). If you edited something else besides string.tbl I wouldn't be able to so conveniantly point out a replacement then.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 am 

Also what strings were you trying to specifically fix? I got the proper tool for changing and adding strings on my end. Just specifically list exactly what the typo'ed strings look like and what they should be. This way for the next patch I can have those strings fixed. I got plenty of time on my hands since the test phase is going slow.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:41 am 

my d2newstats doesnt seem to work. now I got all the ui things to work, by that I mean the boxes. But where it should be like Absorb and pierce doesnt show at all. but its all in the d2newstats.

EDIT: its not what is inside the tbl file that is the problem. its when I changed the program wich opens the string.tbl file that everything went to shit. So I'm afraid that D2 cant read it properly. Or its something with the d2newstats that is fucked up

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:54 am 

Does your D2mod.ini mention the d2newstats.dll? If not then it's just simply reading the char screen .dc6 from your data folder but not reading your d2newstats at all. The statonly lines of your d2newstats.txt should in the very least display even if the string only lines don't (since they don't require strings).

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 am 

yeah the .ini file didnt have d2newstats.txt at all.
If you check your download link for the new patch you'll see that D2NewStats=D2NewStats.dll is missing from the .ini file and thats why I had all this problems. Thanks for the help

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:12 am 

Well people who had the stat screen but where downloading a the test patch data folder with no extended stat screen files (but entirely deleting the old folder) caused other errors. The stat screen reference had to be removed from the ini to prevent further errors of this type. Once the official patch rolls around the stat screen that I've been working on will be in though and that will cut this mess entirely.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:13 am 

oh and the fixed strings I was talking about was from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2565&p=23470&hilit=fixed+string#p23470

Offline Profile