Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am

Post subject: D2ModSetup.bat wont run. Please Help
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 am 

Whenever I try to run d2modsetup to install the mod, it doesn't run. I'll get a really, really quick flash of a cmd window and that's it. No errors pop up or anything. It doesn't ever go anywhere. I can click over and over, but all that ever happens is the quick flash of a cmd window every time.

I've tried a fresh reinstall of D2 and redownload of the 2.0 patch. Still the same thing. I have the stuff set to run as admin, run in WinXp SP2/3, all that yet nothing. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Could really use some help if anybody has any ideas, or knows why this might be happening.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: D2ModSetup.bat wont run. Please Help
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 am 

Consider using D2SE, that way you won't need to run d2modsetup.bat. The main change after installing D2SE is that you'll start D2 via D2SE.exe, and you'll have to move the HUv2.0 files into a folder within the "Mods" folder.

Alternatively, you could download Ensley03's Filetree, which has a version of HU already included, so you could use that as an example and just make a new folder for HUv2.0.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:09 pm 

Brevan wrote:
Consider using D2SE, that way you won't need to run d2modsetup.bat. The main change after installing D2SE is that you'll start D2 via D2SE.exe, and you'll have to move the HUv2.0 files into a folder within the "Mods" folder.

Alternatively, you could download Ensley03's Filetree, which has a version of HU already included, so you could use that as an example and just make a new folder for HUv2.0.

The problem with D2SE is that it isn't loading/installing the mod either. It'll load D2, but it's the vanilla version without the mod installed, even when I have the 2.0 folder in the MODS folder. I scroll down and selection HU in the D2SE list and it says the Version is 1.7b and the D2Core is 1.10f to the right, but when I click start d2 at the top it just opens up a vanilla version of 1.10 d2...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:18 pm 

I have no clue, the d2modsetup file seems like it's messed up or something. I've tried everything and nothing is working. Guess my HU playing days are over.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:41 pm 

Yes it says 1.7b for me too. That's just a client text edit and has no bearing on what the patch is.

Don't click start D2, scroll down on the left and double click on hell unleashed.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 pm 

Ensley03 wrote:
Yes it says 1.7b for me too. That's just a client text edit and has no bearing on what the patch is.

Don't click start D2, scroll down on the left and double click on hell unleashed.

I tried that as well and it still didn't work. I'll give it one more fresh reinstall of d2 and see if it works.

I'm using the original D2 disks to install so it's going to be patch 1.07 on d2 when finished. Since I'm trying to use D2SE now, do I still need to add the 1.10 patch files to update it for HU? Or since it's going through D2SE, they'll already be added for me? I have the files and was adding them before since I wasn't using D2SE, I just don't know if that matters or not with it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:18 pm 

I don't even remember anymore, just download the full 1.9 solo folder and drop the 2.0 files on top of it.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:59 pm 

Ok after a fresh reinstall it finally gave me some errors and I guess I was missing some .mpq files. I got em now and it seems to be up and running :D

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:51 pm 

hooray

Offline Profile