Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

Post subject: Possible reason for recent drops
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:27 am 
Game Server Host

I just recieved an email form a guy I was helping to fix the problem for. heres the full email

SUBJECT: IF YOU ARE DROPPING IMMEDIATELY AFTER JOINING A GAME

A very helpeful Server host spent a good couple of hours helping me with this problem: dropping immediately after joining a game. Obviously there is more than one reason for this, but through painstaking troubleshooting, I came to realize I was dropping because I was strength bugged. I had a piece of armor equiped that gave me an aura, and the aura was hotkeyed. When I would join a game, I was wearing the armor, but it was red, and therefore unequiped. When I would scroll through my skills with the mouse roller, the game would drop me when it got to the aura because it wasn't really equiped. Before you call me a newb, I've heard many of my friends say they were getting dropped almost immediately too. Perhaps they were also bugged and scrolling through skills that were hotkeyed, that they didn't actually have, causing them to crash too. Writing this message is my payment to the Server host, PureRage-DoD and to save someone out there a big headache of figuring out why they might be also be getting dropped. Just trying to be a helpful bear.

Lorek Byrnison.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Possible reason for recent drops
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:17 pm 

people didn't know this?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:06 am 

Ok, I'm about to say something amazing, absolutely astonishing. This is going to blow your mind. It's going to be like trying to grasp imaginary numbers in algebra...or how to unstrap your girl friend's bra for the first time. Grab a cigarette if you've got one. Sitting?

Ok, not everyone has played Diablo 2, HU or other mods for the last 10 years. I know this is absolutely unbelievable, but there it is. Believe it or not. there are new people...imagine that. There's other things to piss your life away for 5-10 years with besides Diablo, trust me I know :P

Lorek

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 pm 

ive been playing D2 since early .08 and ive never experienced this problem, im guessing its an HU thing

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:11 am 

Ah ha..happens to my bud all the time. Echo always did str bug too much but also hotkey on OS? Interesting.

Offline Profile