Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

Post subject: Unable to Login to Arimyth Server
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 pm 

Getting a message "Unable to Properly Identify Version" - I have v1.10 Hells Unleashed D2ModSystem 1.03.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why I can't log in? :(

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Unable to Login to Arimyth Server
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 pm 

The following are very simple questions, they are not meant to be patronizing. The goal is to find out why your version is incorrect, despite your inclination that it is correct.

1) Why do you know you are running version 1.10 of Diablo2 Lord of Destruction? What version did you start with, and how did you change it to version 1.10?

2) What version of HU did you download? Provide a link that proves you used the most recent version expected by the Arimyth Gateway.

3) After you installed v1.10 of D2, and after you decompressed the HU files into the installation directory of v1.10 of D2, did you run the d2modsetup.bat file? Perhaps run it again, the message "Do you want to install [or uninstall] the mod?" is a bit of a misnomer, since I understand that this file is just part of a modding package, not something Soulmancer himself created. In fact I one heard that the message of install/uninstall doesn't actually do anything, it's just some flag in a .dll file that gets toggled but doesn't get referenced.

4) How do you know you are connecting to the Arimyth Gateway?

If you do not want to troubleshoot each of the steps above, then just consider a reinstallation from the beginning, as that can be faster. These are the basic steps:
1) Install D2
2) Install LoD
3) Patch D2:LoD to version 1.10
4) Overwrite the files in the D2 folder with the HU files
5) Run d2modsetup.bat
6) Start D2 using the "Hell Unleashed.bat" file
7) From the title screen verify that the Arimyth Network Gateway is selected below the Battle.Net button and then press the Battl.Net button
8) From the character selection screen, verify that the Current Realm in the top-right of the screen is "HU". You should now be able to make a character.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:04 am 

allow your firewall inbound and outbound connection for D2. Or just turn it off.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:15 am 

Brevan wrote:
The following are very simple questions, they are not meant to be patronizing. The goal is to find out why your version is incorrect, despite your inclination that it is correct.

1) Why do you know you are running version 1.10 of Diablo2 Lord of Destruction? What version did you start with, and how did you change it to version 1.10?

I purchased and downloaded the game yesterday so it automatically updated itself to 1.12 (or maybe 1.13). I downloaded the RAR file on the Unleashed website to convert files from 1.11+ to 1.10.

2) What version of HU did you download? Provide a link that proves you used the most recent version expected by the Arimyth Gateway.

http://eu.mirror.files.arimyth.com/Hell_Unleashed13a_Full.zip

This is the link I downloaded and installed.

3) After you installed v1.10 of D2, and after you decompressed the HU files into the installation directory of v1.10 of D2, did you run the d2modsetup.bat file? Perhaps run it again, the message "Do you want to install [or uninstall] the mod?" is a bit of a misnomer, since I understand that this file is just part of a modding package, not something Soulmancer himself created. In fact I one heard that the message of install/uninstall doesn't actually do anything, it's just some flag in a .dll file that gets toggled but doesn't get referenced.

I did run the d2modsetup.bat file. It updated my d2 to the Hell Unleashed Mod (title screen says it, with credits to Terry (Soulmancer). I also had to download a NewLoader.exe because the HU one for some reason was not recognizing my game as a digital copy and kept asking me to insert the CD. Maybe I messed up an installation step or is that typical? I feel like i found the instructions to use a NewLoader separately from the standard instructions

4) How do you know you are connecting to the Arimyth Gateway?

It says Gateway: Arimyth on my Battle.net realm list. Not sure about the actual details therein since I cannot see them :(

If you do not want to troubleshoot each of the steps above, then just consider a reinstallation from the beginning, as that can be faster. These are the basic steps:
1) Install D2
2) Install LoD
3) Patch D2:LoD to version 1.10
4) Overwrite the files in the D2 folder with the HU files
5) Run d2modsetup.bat
6) Start D2 using the "Hell Unleashed.bat" file
7) From the title screen verify that the Arimyth Network Gateway is selected below the Battle.Net button and then press the Battl.Net button
8) From the character selection screen, verify that the Current Realm in the top-right of the screen is "HU". You should now be able to make a character.

Yea, I sometimes know that it is just easier to reinstall. I may do that, if I cannot re-mod and successfully login. Should I just Uninstall Diablo II using the generic Windows Uninstall, or is there an uninstall file associated with the game? (am not home at the moment, cannot check). I did make a copy of the original game (LoD, I think) to a separate folder before I modded to HU - is it easier to just copy/paste it over the current folder/files, or would a full reinstall be better? Either is fast

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 am 

I would:
reinstall D2+LoD
install D2SE+HU-Plugin
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2149

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am 

Problem is pvpgn doesn't recognize if you have patch 1.10 or 1.13, you still can log on but fail to join games. So problem isn't with game installed. It's a firewall preventing you to join server. But well, I may be wrong.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm 

Steel wrote:
Problem is pvpgn doesn't recognize if you have patch 1.10 or 1.13, you still can log on but fail to join games. So problem isn't with game installed. It's a firewall preventing you to join server. But well, I may be wrong.

I will certainly try that when I get home - you may be right. Thanks!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:21 pm 

Reinstalled, still get the same message when I try to log into the server. Disabled the firewall entirely but still get the message about being unable to login, unable to identify version.

I also have the issue after installing that I cannot load the game from the HU.bat file but instead need to use a NewLoader.exe since the game will not let me load without the CD (digital copy purchased from Blizz)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:18 pm 

I've only gotten this message when when it's the wrong version, it will tell you on the opening screen in the lower left where you clickon b.net.

Tried to logon to the wrong server, ie trying to login to bnet servers and not arimyth.

Or running with the wrong cd/iso in the drive, when I accidentally load regular diablo.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:38 am 

Figured out the problem - had to Run As Administrator on Windows 7. Works fine now. Thanks!

Now if only I remembered what the right stat priorities were for my toons... lol.. baby steps...

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: prayer grouping
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:11 am 

prayer grouping wow gold are also progressively reliable wow gold two pump conjecture. Whether the buy wow gold invisible behindhand god, or the god cheap nfl jerseys on sale story the alcoholic place of wow gold strength, minions from separate .

Offline Profile