Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

Post subject: 1.10 Windows 10 windowed mode help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:47 am 

Hi there, so I've run into a very common problem but cant seem to find the solution. So as it says in the title im trying to play hell unleashed, the version that requires 1.10 and well for some reason you cannot run fullscreen on windows 10, apparently due to resolution issues and stuff. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and how I could fix it? I've tried -nofixaspect and that hasn't helped, I have no options to full screen the window.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: 1.10 Windows 10 windowed mode help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:40 pm 

I have no way to test solutions in Win10, but have you tried D2SE? Since that program is more modern than D2, it seems to have fewer issues with modern systems.

Are you trying a Norm Res or Hi Res version of HU? I could see where maybe the .dll being added to the Hi Res version could affect things, so it's worth trying both versions to see if there's a difference.

There's a VideoTest program that installs with D2, perhaps running it will give some information (or perhaps it would normally adjust a registry setting that it hasn't done yet).

There's a pretty decent chance that we might track through most of the same steps that we did a couple years ago while troubleshooting an installation issue. It's worth reviewing that thread to see if there are any good ideas you haven't tried yet.
Halt error 545

Offline Profile