Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

Post subject: How to reset skills?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:09 pm 

I noticed in PlugY instructions that you're able to reset skills, similar to stat points but I'm not sure how to do it. I also do not see any special button on the skill tree in-game when attempting it

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: How to reset skills?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:35 pm 

The PlugY mod generally isn't supported by the HU realm, but if you want to use it in single player you're welcome to. I think it even comes with D2SE, but I haven't really looked into it much.

From what I remember, when you start D2SE and select your mod on the left, then on the right you can find a checkbox for PlugY. That checkbox will tell D2SE to look for the PlugY.ini configuration file in that mod's directory. I believe it is up to you to edit that .ini file with a simple text editor, but perhaps it comes with default settings that are good enough for what you want.

Generally editing a configuration file is pretty easy since the instructions should be in the file itself, usually after the semicolon on each line. Non-instruction lines are usually in the form of yes/no options, like "AllowSkillsReset=Yes", but sometimes the file will use "Yes/No", "True/False", "1/0", "Y/N" or whatever the programmer wants. The instructions or examples will show you which to use.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:48 pm 

Yeah I have the PlugY checkbox checked and have the ActiveSkillsUnassignment=1 and changed the POS X/Y value so the box was found but was unable to get the button to work on single player mode. Is there a specific combination to press similar to Alt + Click for undoing stat points?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:10 am 

I just tried with ActiveSkillsUnassignment=1 but without editing the position (since I play NormRes), and there was an "x" labled button on the skill tabs that worked to return all skill points to that char as if they'd used a respec potion. No keyboard keys were needed. I'm not sure what can go wrong with Plugy, but maybe the position stuff is the culprit (maybe you're not actually clicking the button due to it being off screen or something, sometimes the graphics are just graphics). You might find more help at PhrozenKeep.

Offline Profile