Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

Post subject: Frenzy Assassin Bug
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:05 pm 

I remember making a frenzy assassin build from another mod and it worked great. I noticed that there is a runeword for claws in HU that gives oskill frenzy to an assassin. However for anyone who might be thinking about building this type of sin should know NOT to put any points into claw block. This will cause your d2 to crash anytime you are attacking with frenzy and the claw block skill activates from being attacked. From what i've heard, it is due to a conflict involving 2 separate animations, one for frenzy and one for claw block. Apparently these 2 animations cannot be displayed simultaneously, therefore causing a d2 client crash.

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Frenzy Assassin Bug
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:36 pm 
Game Server Host

thats a bummer :( should probs remove the frenzy from those claws and replace with something better. Something poison oriented id say.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 am 

Yep it is a real bummer. Especially since frenzy sins are effective and so much fun to play!! :D But what good is a dual-clawed sin without the ability to block with claws, lol? :cry: Perhaps if there is a way to remove the animiation for claw block, there is a chance this could work. Maybe it's something that's already been thought of and worked in, I'm not entirely sure. :roll: Ughh... I suppose i will just have to remake the frenzy sin just to make my statement legit. I know for a fact it's a buggy build, but dunno if it is on this mod or not. I suppose it could be fixed, explaining why there are no other posts about it... or i'm guessing that nobody else has made one yet.

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:36 am 

Ooh, is this the same thing that happens when you try to talon certain bosses? The obvious workaround would be to just switch out one of the claws for a shield. I will have to try it.

Hmm, on second thoughts, crashing using dragon talon is too situation-specific to be caused by conflicting animations with claw block.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:18 am 

I'm not a modder so I am not familiar with the usual workarounds, but upon making a frenzy assassin in a different mod, i was told this by the modder himself. It made sense to me since 2 animations cannot be used at the same time. And when i remade the assassin without putting any points into the claw block skill, it worked just fine (aside from taking massive amounts of damage from lack of blocking lol).

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:02 pm 
Game Server Host

the drops from talon are due to mass counters (7 a sec) at higher level. You need to alternate between that and other attacks on heavy countering bosses.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:39 pm 

I have no clue what your trying to say Kev lol. I'm not sure where you guys are getting "talon" from since i thought we were discussing the frenzy skill? So basically your saying that the attack speed is too high for some monsters? Because when i got a crash last time, it was vs just a normal quill rat in the blood moor, not a boss or anything. Sometimes i could attack for a while, and other times not. I noticed the crash whenever my character was trying to block an attack (a projectile quill in most cases) while I was already attacking. I could attack all day long with insane ias speeds added to frenzy and no crashes. Also, i could stand still and let monsters hit me with no problems (with claw block skill). It just seemed the game didn't want to allow me to do both at the same time. Sure you guys are the experts when it comes to the technicalities, but i'd really like to work with you as much as possible to resolve this issue if at all possible. It's such a fun build to play.

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:44 pm 
Game Server Host

No, im just sayin to retrov thats what causes the crash with dragon talon kicks. I'm still not sure whats up with the frenzy one. (been looking at it but cant find the problem)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:56 am 

Oh, alright lol

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:24 pm 

DAN! I thought of your sin the second I saw that runeword. Was thinking about doing it myself although now I'm having second thoughts..
I'm about to jump the Poison/skele ship since poison is overplayed here. (Although maybe not with skele's).
I'm thinking about nova sorc with the "Thirst for Knowledge" runeword and some points into cold mastery. I think it would be a decent char dealing 3 elements of damage. light cold and physical. Would suck untill i got that wand but I think it's worth a shot..

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:36 am 

Cool, i'm sure those builds will work very well.

As far as the frenzy sin, I wouldn't recommend it until there is definite confirmation that it's bug-free. Otherwise it could potentially be a waste of time (and runes).

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 am 
Game Server Host

so far, all seems fine with frenzy, I've been trying to replicate the crash for a few days but they seem OK.

I'd say go ahead and make one.

Offline Profile