Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Post subject: Re: Failing to install hell unleashed
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:17 pm 

I just had this exact same problem!! Do you have a seperate version installed for the solo version by chance? (assuming your trying to run the multiplayer version)

Well i just had this same problem and this is how i fixed it. I had d2 installed for solo version and copied the d2 folder and replaced that one with multi files. I was assuming i could run shortcuts to the desktop and play each whenever i wanted just by renaming the folder in the C:\Program Files\Diablo II.

Also, when you installed, did you use the free downloadable (with serial key) version from the blizzsite, or manual cd swapping? Cuz the first time to fix it, I used the blizz site version since it's much faster to install with, but had better luck with a manual cd install.

Anyways if you are just trying to play the multiplayer version, uninstall (and delete folder) of any/all Diablo II you currently have for HU. Next, do a multiplayer/full install for d2 & LOD. Once done, run the 1.10 patch setup. Extract all the multiplayer version files into your d2 folder and overwrite. By this time, you SHOULD be able to run the d2modsetup.bat file now. I am guessing it didn't let me before because i currently had the d2modsetup ran for the solo version and somehow was detecting d2 running all the time. This should fix alot of problems also because when i was finally able to get online with it, my merc was not able to equip any weapons or armor either. Hope this helps, keep me posted and i'll try to help you out as much as i can!

-George Carlin

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:01 am 

Quote:
Also, when you installed, did you use the free downloadable (with serial key) version from the blizzsite, or manual cd swapping? Cuz the first time to fix it, I used the blizz site version since it's much faster to install with, but had better luck with a manual cd install.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1288

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:18 am 

Thanks for the helpful link Steel. I was not aware of it =)

-George Carlin

Offline Profile