Login | Register

All times are UTC - 5 hours

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

Post subject: Good old issue: No starting stats
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:46 pm 

I've installed HU the same way I have for years, except that I now use D2SE to run it because downpatching is a bitch with Blizz being control freaks. Anyway, I run the mod, everything goes well, except that I don't have any stat points to allocate, and the character panel is missing a bunch of info. The search function on the forum is absolutely horrid, but I still tried to find an answer. Anyway, I assume I forgot to click something somewhere, or port some file into another one. I ain't sure what it is. Halp.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Good old issue: No starting stats
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:10 pm 

Here's a link to a semi-detailed list in steps for a fresh installation on Win7 using D2SE.

If that information doesn't seem to help, then review this thread and see if it helps. If not, then consider posting the information requested in my last post of that thread to help figure out where the next best guess at a resolution is hiding.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:57 am 

Thanks, I'll report tonight.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:32 pm 

Brevan wrote:
Here's a link to a semi-detailed list in steps for a fresh installation on Win7 using D2SE.

If that information doesn't seem to help, then review this thread and see if it helps. If not, then consider posting the information requested in my last post of that thread to help figure out where the next best guess at a resolution is hiding.

I think I found the problem. How do you downpatch to 1.10 from 1.14?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:11 pm 

A fairly official response is that you may not downgrade Vanilla v1.14 at all. You could try downloading the complete HUv1.6 filetree, which I believes includes D2SE, so you could then make new folders in the Mods folder to play whichever versions you liked.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm 

Brevan wrote:
A fairly official response is that you may not downgrade Vanilla v1.14 at all. You could try downloading the complete HUv1.6 filetree, which I believes includes D2SE, so you could then make new folders in the Mods folder to play whichever versions you liked.

Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure I understand the "make new folders in the Mods folder to play whichever versions I liked". Which mods folder, specifically? And which version of what? of HU?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:41 pm 

Your original post mentioned using D2SE, which is a Mod Manager program. One of it's key features is that you can set up multiple versions of Diablo2 and mods to play. Once you've got a Diablo2 installation folder, D2SE creates within it a Mods folder, and within that you can create separate folders for HUv1.5, HUv1.6, HUv1.7, Median, Aftermath, etc.

Personally, when I start D2SE, I've got 4 versions of HUv1.7: NormRes and HighRes, and for each a Release (uses patch_d2.mpq) and Testing version (testing versions use a data folder for easy modding).

In my first link of setup instructions, steps 9 to 11 describe how you'd install HUv1.7 to it's own mod folder.

Offline Profile